Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/9rZ60QPuGlgplease watch and support this , lets see if we as a whole can get hot toys to back down , even if they don't it might finally prove that like in all walks of life "the customer is always right" .....ive never asked for all your help before but the next spidey that breaks could be yours and i'd help you !!!!!

I'll certainly send them the video, but as you say, they won't care. But it doesn't hurt to try.

P.S. Love your dog, reminds me of my pup!

If you pose Spider-Man in a museum pose you want your ***** feeling :lol :rotfl :lol
Haha, loved that line. It's crazy to me reading comments like "Well, I'll just buy him anyway and never pose him!" Gotta wonder if anyone willing to take that has any respect for themselves or their money. Guess it's good to have suckers like that around for those wanting to get rid of this figure later.

Haha, loved that line. It's crazy to me reading comments like "Well, I'll just buy him anyway and never pose him!" Gotta wonder if anyone willing to take that has any respect for themselves or their money. Guess it's good to have suckers like that around for those wanting to get rid of this figure later.

It is kind of odd. If I had known, before the day before it was due to arrive at my home, that this issue existed, I would've avoided this figure.

But, I can also see the rationale. Its the only time we'll get a HT figure of this suit and its the only figure with the garfield peter hs....and...its really nice.

I dunno...I've moved the arms front and back and to the side, a little, with no issues. BUT, I will not attempt to rotate the shoulders..super tight...super scary.

It is kind of odd. If I had known, before the day before it was due to arrive at my home, that this issue existed, I would've avoided this figure.

But, I can also see the rationale. Its the only time we'll get a HT figure of this suit and its the only figure with the garfield peter hs....and...its really nice.

I dunno...I've moved the arms front and back and to the side, a little, with no issues. BUT, I will not attempt to rotate the shoulders..super tight...super scary.

Bro, there will be another one. That's a given!

It is your money at the end of the day, yes. But it is because of it that the yet away with what they do IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's denial at its best.

Bro, there will be another one. That's a given!

It is your money at the end of the day, yes. But it is because of it that the yet away with what they do IMO.

I don't think HT would do another version of this particular suit. It ain't Batman.

Well, the unfortunate thing is some don't know about the issue until they have the figure. I can't imagine HT didn't know of the issue...they MUST do testing...unless they have become that "confident".

I wonder if hot toys would pay attention if sideshow sent all the figures they recieved off them back, refusing to send out faulty goods.......i'm sure they'd listen then

Unfortunately, HT really dosen't have a strong competitor in their field. Plus they create items for people who, typically, have poor impulse control. They know they have us by the *****. I know I won't buy something again before it is tested by others. I really hope they dont mess up MMS200.

Just cancelled my preorder at BBTS. They have enough that if I decide to get it later, I should be able to. I still like the look of it a lot, but don't feel like spending the money this month.

well i was about to pull the trigger and buy this, but after seeing the problems....i held fire, annoyingly too as i wanted this guy,

And i get your point about hot toys not having a big competitor in their field, but if sideshow, knowing full well it'll have a 'lot' of returns to contend with, just cancelled their order with them....until the dealt with the issues that are clearly evident, maybe hot toys would have to deal with it then......i imagine sideshow deal with a large percentage of hot toys american/european sales, and a protest on this scale would definitely hit their pockets......well, both their pockets, but then sideshow are going to have to issue a lot of refunds either way if the figure is getting shipped as broken as it is anyway. speaking as someone who works in retail, there is no way any store/company would take delivery in full knowledge of faulty goods.....until the company sent them un-defective product

So ironic that I'm recovering from a torn rotator that this issue comes up with Spidey. :(

Very disappointed to read that HT refuses to address or correct this situation themselves. I applaud people like Clipper that is going out of his way to make the wrong things right! :clap

I say you are better off mass emailing / canceling orders at SSC. They likely haven't paid for their order yet. The only thing that would really get their attention is SSC either canceling their order with HT or demanding the problem be fixed. 50, 100, hell, 1000 people on this board complaining to HT probably wouldn't make much of a difference. SSC however, gets thousands of these as they supply ALL of North America. Which I s also why they could to cancel either, as vendors throughout the country have orders placed with Sideshow for this.

Either way, complaining to sideshow will likely yield better results.

hopefully. only figure issue i had was black widow was missing a gun clip. emailed sideshow and they sent me one. got lucky with the 89 not having scuffs. others were not so fortunate. later releases got better packaging between the shield and the car itself. hopefully this gets resolved. i got one flex payment left and i can't cancel. otherwise i lose my money. getting a replacement only brings fear of breaking that one. it can't be that hard for hot toys to strengthen the shoulders

How delicate is it? Does it break with very little pressure applied, or does it take a firm grip to break it?

From what I understand , any movement of the shoulder has resistance, going through the resistance will break it
Both clip and rhino didn't know when they broke the shoulders so I'm guessing it doesn't take much to do it

"This little *****."

:lol

I hate to say it but Lol! the video gets worse with all his cursing. No way will a company take that seriously. I can understand his rage but you can't send that to a company. He's created a video out of pure rage than a professional image.

It's nearly like watching some reality show clip that I've saw during the adverts. He sounds like he's ready to head butt somebody for looking at him or an English football fan that their team just got knocked out of the semi finals.

16 minutes plus is beyond a joke for cursing.

Oh my god at 18 minutes. Thats embarrassing! It truly is.

Back