Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if it were me I definitely would have handled it a lot differently. I can understand being upset when you pay a lot of money for an item like this but making a long ranting video full of cursing just isn't the way to go about getting your message across and just isn't professional. Sure it garnered a response because enough people probably spammed them with it but still the same thing could have probably been accomplished by handling it in a more professional tone or just by contacting the vendor who the order was placed with and probably has more regular contact with Hot Toys. I normally do like The Clipper King's reviews and all too so no offense man but it kind of makes collectors look bad when something like that goes out. Just my opinion.

:lecture:exactly:

Irish? Who's Irish?

Was that some joke that I didn't get?

Me, I'm Irish. The clichés are true, we curse more than drunk sailors. But there is a time and a place.
:lol

Ahh.. I'd have to completely disagree with your post Rorywan. He's just trying to use his case to help the rest of the people who ordered this figure or is thinking of ordering this figure. He's got a big voice in the 1/6 community on YouTube so I think he feels somewhat of an obligation to do use it as leverage against Hot Toys. I don't like to speak for him but just simply from watching his videos and listening to him.. This is petty much the case.

:exactly:

That's what I thought as well, I mean he said he was even being offered another one by another seller so I don't think he wants a replacement he wants to spread the word and persuade Hot Toys that this is not acceptable. Which it ****ing isnt!

I'm 100% behind clipper as far as sentiment goes. (I agree the video doesn't come across as very professional, but it does come across as an angry customer..... which he is.

Lets hope this is a kick up the backside HT needs!

Personally I think I'd rather get the figure now (after all this time) complete with dodgy shoulders, than I would have them recall the product and delay for a further 12 months!

Last edited:
The reason why HT doesn't support eBay sellers is because they

a) have to support the official distribution network with set pricing

b) have to abide by regional/market deals negotiated with licence holders which eBay sellers tend to circumvent while at the same time undercutting official dealers, brick & mortar stores etc. This is allways bad for any long term business.

You want cheap and fast, you avoid the official distribution network and assume the associated risk. Clipper king is not right in this case. He should return it to his HK seller and have him sort it out. That's the legitimate path.

I'm not well off and am always on the lookout for a good deal but I can see what the "global" stores are doing to established networks in many business. Customer service is not free even if we like to think it is and HT has repeatedly stated that they offer no support for products bought outside the chain.

Using group pressure to undermine a business model is not cool in the long run.

The thing is, you guys are assuming that HT is ok putting out a sub-par product. All it takes is for people to make them aware of the issue for them to want to correct it.

Pigs arse.

They have released a number of products with major issues, with no resolution.

Has anyone heard from OMG to see if he has this problem with the shoulders?

They could have just pulled one out of the warehouse, posed it, broke it, and checked that out.

Isn't it possible that they've done this? I mean do you really not think that's the first thing they'd do. We know Hot Toys deals in batches of products, so what if this is contained? They could've pulled out a couple of figures, jiggled the arms about (within the restrictions stated on the instructions) and found no issue. It really could just be a faulty batch.

Isn't it possible that they've done this? I mean do you really not think that's the first thing they'd do. We know Hot Toys deals in batches of products, so what if this is contained? They could've pulled out a couple of figures, jiggled the arms about (within the restrictions stated on the instructions) and found no issue. It really could just be a faulty batch.

These batches are massive. There is no way that HT would stop thousands of these going out even if they knew in advance they were "faulty". Too much money lost, much easier to deal with complaints (ignore them) and release new pics of an "upcoming" new figure to diffuse the issue. Truth is HT changed their policy after the DX02 fiasco. After that they do not interact with their customers, well in US/Europe anyway.
It's just about the $.

https://youtu.be/9rZ60QPuGlgplease watch and support this , lets see if we as a whole can get hot toys to back down , even if they don't it might finally prove that like in all walks of life "the customer is always right" .....ive never asked for all your help before but the next spidey that breaks could be yours and i'd help you !!!!!

Sent it to Hot Toys yesterday and I'll send it again today.

I'm completely onboard with the community sticking together and fighting HT. I did a fair share of that talk back in the DX02 days.
:lol

We just need to be clear about what our goals are and how best to achieve them. That's all.
We don't know how widespread this issue is yet, or what an acceptable resolution would be.
Excited cursing and spamming may achieve something but I don't it will serve the community well
as a whole.

An old Vulcan once told me.. "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

On a different note, I'm coming along well with my Parker kitbash, got this jacket off of ebay, it was the main thing I was after, closest I could find

2013-11-07101755.png

got jeans, hoodie, shoes (but they don't look right, so I'm struggling there) and hands

woo!

Just need slim TT, I might try and trade the african American TT that I have

On a different note, I'm coming along well with my Parker kitbash, got this jacket off of ebay, it was the main thing I was after, closest I could find

2013-11-07101755.png

got jeans, hoodie, shoes (but they don't look right, so I'm struggling there) and hands

woo!

Is that the Joe Colton jacket? I have something similar.

Working on my backpack now. You said you were having trouble finding the right shoes? I can't find the right shoes either (Nike Dunks) I believe, so I'm just going to reuse my Storm Shadow sneakers. They're just white hightops but look good enough.

Good luck man. Can't wait to see pics.

I'm thinking of doing a PP custom. Found some bits already. Look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Just checked the tracking info and I'll have my Spidey tomorrow.

Last edited:

2013-11-07101755.png

woo!

Ha! I was watching that jacket, but I ended up finding a different one that I think is a bit closer. Great pick up though!

Looks like quite a few of us are jumping on the PP bash. :)

I've got my jacket, hoodie, skateboard, sneakers and TT. Just need jeans, a camera, and a bag.

The backpack seems like it's the absolute hardest thing to source/customize out of everything else, so I'm leaning towards breaking further out of the realm of 'screen accuracy' and going with a different bag (I never was that particular anyway). Hey, we all remember high school. I definitely didn't have ONE bag the whole time. Peter could very well swap em out. ;)

Have to say I disagree with those saying no large company would take Clipper seriously because of the cursing, etc. It's already pretty evident in their correspondence with him that their tone has changed dramatically. I work for a big company (in Canadian terms, but still brings in billions per year) and if one of our customers released a video like Clipper's, you can bet the social media people would be woken-up in the middle of the night to deal with it, if need be. Maybe it's not 'professional' or ideal, but for sure it would get their attention and make them respond. And to be honest, anyone who deals with customers is going to be unfazed by cursing. It's pretty routine.

Have to say I disagree with those saying no large company would take Clipper seriously because of the cursing, etc. It's already pretty evident in their correspondence with him that their tone has changed dramatically. I work for a big company (in Canadian terms, but still brings in billions per year) and if one of our customers released a video like Clipper's, you can bet the social media people would be woken-up in the middle of the night to deal with it, if need be. Maybe it's not 'professional' or ideal, but for sure it would get their attention and make them respond. And to be honest, anyone who deals with customers is going to be unfazed by cursing. It's pretty routine.

Another calgarian :hi5:

Back