Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the most appealing height is somewhere between the HT and Medi. Spiderman, to me, should be noticeably smaller than Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc. Spidey is a teenager, a scrawny nerd with strong, but sinewy muscles. The Medi looks good, but is too big for me. The HT is too small. Not sure I'm gonna get either, but I will probably get the HT if I get either.

I still can't PO this from Sideshow. Can't order to the UK for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Bri

I have this on PO, on FlexPay. ordering was not a problem to me, it never has been until I tried to order the Black Suit Spidey a while back. The reason given is that they only have a certain amount to pre sell into specific territories at a given time. Often times, most times by experience actually, they will get more in and available...sometimes (the vast minority) they will not.

Having said that, I have just tried putting it through for me, here in Warwick UK and it seems to go through OK for me....:dunno

After watching the Clipper Kings vids WOW this is a terrible terrible Spider-Man, the first Spider-Man 3 is my fav, still looks like a person could be in that suit.

I really don't get why everyone is *****ing about this figure. If you base your purchases on what a video is saying or some pictures then what is the point. All im saying is experience it in hand if you don't like it, sell it you will get your money back. As for reward points, how you can feel robbed is beyond me, its not like you paid for them , you pay for the figure or statue or whatever not the points they are given to you. I mean count yourself lucky you even have points to use not every store does it, look at OSB in the uk he doesn't give out reward points yet he's one of the most used suppliers in the UK.

Im enjoying this figure for what it is and that is spider man. Wow his size is 5ft 7 and not garfields 5ft 10 :thud: or his eyes are yellow which by the way
The-Amazing-Spider-Man-008.jpg
The_amazing_Spider-man_suit.jpg

If this starts more arguments then so be it, this is a forum on the internet yes your free to say what you want but Jesus Christ its a figure, who cares if its not 100% accurate its the closest your going to get from anyone.

HT pretty much nailed it IMO. Kids are just pussies these days. (There's bytching in threads everywhere even on absolute HOMERUN figs)

Entitlement this, entitlement that.

And if you honestly don't like something grab your nuts and move along, like a man!

Just watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Y9Fhlsa18#t=65

I am so sorry for this guy, his HT spidy broke both shoulders during the review filming...== The tragedy moment begins at 28:52.

Ouch, that does suck

Guobie11 (spelling?) said he won't have it in stock for a few weeks, hopefully they will recognise this problem and fix it

doubt it though

I'm pretty sure if it was not the height of the figure or the eyes it would be something else!

If you don't like this figure please don't bombard this thread with your negative imput, please let us guys enjoy this figure that we've waiting to receive for over a year! :lecture

I really don't get why everyone is *****ing about this figure. If you base your purchases on what a video is saying or some pictures then what is the point. All im saying is experience it in hand if you don't like it, sell it you will get your money back. As for reward points, how you can feel robbed is beyond me, its not like you paid for them , you pay for the figure or statue or whatever not the points they are given to you. I mean count yourself lucky you even have points to use not every store does it, look at OSB in the uk he doesn't give out reward points yet he's one of the most used suppliers in the UK.

Im enjoying this figure for what it is and that is spider man. Wow his size is 5ft 7 and not garfields 5ft 10 :thud: or his eyes are yellow which by the way

If this starts more arguments then so be it, this is a forum on the internet yes your free to say what you want but Jesus Christ its a figure, who cares if its not 100% accurate its the closest your going to get from anyone.

0971l.jpg

0972a.jpg

0999b2.jpg

This guy did a shorten legs mod on his Medi Spidy, so his Medi spidy can be about the right size.

I guess that's no longer an issue to Medi Spidy, but don't get me wrong, I am not saying the Medi one wins the battle, I just want people to know there's a way to solve the height issue with Medi Spidy.

As to the suit material-wise, everyone has different opinion. Like I said before, the suit looks very plasticky in the movie and it does look more like HT ver in some of the pictures we found online, so it's debatable.

Last edited:
Just watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Y9Fhlsa18#t=65

I am so sorry for this guy, his HT spidy broke both shoulders during the review filming...== The tragedy moment begins at 28:52.

SMH what the ****. I was gonna buy this despite my slight hatred for the costume design but this is straight garbage. What good is a Spiderman with broken limbs? The body is too fragile,we will hear more about this problem Im sure. Between this and Clippers size comparison vids Im out. Thanks for saving me 200$,sorry it was at your expenses.

Clippers broke as well?

"
theclipperking 42 minutes ago
i gotta say firstly great review my friend , i enjoyed the style of the straight through from unboxing to review to display , great idea :O) secondly i know your pain , havin two broke shoulders myself , and i know youll have been careful coz we were only talkin 24 hours ago about how fragile it was on mine . i think the problem is that the rotation point is so stiff that when you even move it slightly it pops out the inner construction , coz mine had no definate snap or crack

Clippers broke as well?

"
theclipperking 42 minutes ago
i gotta say firstly great review my friend , i enjoyed the style of the straight through from unboxing to review to display , great idea :O) secondly i know your pain , havin two broke shoulders myself , and i know youll have been careful coz we were only talkin 24 hours ago about how fragile it was on mine . i think the problem is that the rotation point is so stiff that when you even move it slightly it pops out the inner construction , coz mine had no definate snap or crack

They are not broken, that spidey is on a TT slim body with double shoulder joints for more extreme poses...look it up.

I
If you don't like this figure please don't bombard this thread with your negative input, please let us guys enjoy this figure that we've waiting to receive for over a year! :lecture

I think I'd want people to say what's bad about it before buying a figure so you know what your getting and not the typical people who refer to HT as Gods.

I'm thankful for the clipper video
Here's the deal, there is a competitor for this fig, which is a good thing
I can buy both, do the same thing clipper does, then worry about selling the one I don't like and likely take a loss one way or another
Clipper did a good job comparing many of the topics covered on here and the ones I was worried about, and I could have made my decision if the vids were on mute
But, clipper eliminates the process I would have had to go through

And in regard to the criticism this figure gets, it's understandable as hot toys is the standard in the 1/6 market and when you have a super long wait time and a fig released, that some argue isn't as good as the competitor, then there's going to be criticism

No he's not. He is around 5'10"

Here is a pic of him with Jesse Eisenberg (listed at 5'7.5"), and Justin Timberlake (5'11.5")
a7evu8ut.jpg
from IMDB

I got my info from here

https://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0o...height.com/andrew-garfield-height-and-weight/

Not sure which info is right but ether way the hot toys figure is way to short.

Ok so I did pay for those points cause bought from sideshow and paid a premium price to earn points, about a grand in figures to earn the 50-60 bucks in points that I dropped on that spiderman PO. I'm not interested in arguing ether but I not keen on being bashed cause I don't like the final product.

HT pretty much nailed it IMO. Kids are just pussies these days. (There's bytching in threads everywhere even on absolute HOMERUN figs)

Entitlement this, entitlement that.

And if you honestly don't like something grab your nuts and move along, like a man!

Bro your coming across like a bully, I get you like the figure but that does not mean others have to, the way your acting is if someone does not have the opinion as you there a self entitled brat, fact is your the one who's acting like your the only one entitled to an opinion and your b i t c hing and complaining about people who are not happy with a figure, who's entitled:dunno

I will add I'm certainly not a kid and have been collecting 12" or 1/6 scale figures since 1990.

Back