Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome. I've got the complete 5 series on my iPod ready to watch. I'm half way through Ultimate Spider-Man series 1 and then have Spectacular series 2 to watch. :yess:

Plenty to keep me going. :lol

On the subject of spectacular, Electro's origin in that would be a good origin for ASM2. What do you guys think? for those who have seen it.

I haven't seen Spectacular, but I really enjoyed the Ultimate SM cartoon.

I watch it with my 3 (girl) and 5 (boy) year old. We all crack up laughing. Some people have hated on it because it's too slapstick, but that's exactly why I love it. Great show.

Ultimate SM is awful compared to Spectacular.

Oh wow! Just checked netflix for it, not there anymore:mad:

I watch it with my 3 (girl) and 5 (boy) year old. We all crack up laughing. Some people have hated on it because it's too slapstick, but that's exactly why I love it. Great show.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I really liked to villains that appeared!

Ultimate SM is awful compared to Spectacular.

Have to agree, i tried it but with a Spider-Cycle and a bunch on non spiderman related characters it just doesn't feel right, kinda like it was a Falcon or Patriot or some other teen avenger cartoon and then they just switched that character to Spider-Man.

How many classic Spidey villains are there? i know there's Doc Ock and Venom but when i watched there was other ones that arne't Spidey foes..

Am I the only one who see's having a wide variety of Heroe's/Villain's in one cartoon as a bad thing? :dunno
But some of the character choices & origins are really bad ideas:

Dr. Connors works for S.H.I.E.L.D.
Harry Osborne is Venom.

But it is very entertaining. Even Spider-Ham is in it. :lol

My local HMV. Went in to get Dredd, but it's not out til Friday, there was the complete series for 40 euros. Just watched the Alien Costume trilogy. You can get it off HMV's site too.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will have to check that book out. One of the reviews said that it was part 2 of a trilogy of books though. Do you need to read the others too?

I actually started with Secret of the Sinister Six. Then I was like Whoa, there's more books?!! Each book stands well on its own, but Sinister has a special place in my heart. The only thing I didnt like was a beyond-cheesy ending, but oh well. Till then it was an absolute blast.

Also, have you read the gauntlet? And if so would you recommend it?

I have not read it.

Forgive me for not quoting actual interesting comics featuring Electro, I have most of his appearances in comic form but was too lazy to go dig them out.

I actually started with Secret of the Sinister Six. Then I was like Whoa, there's more books?!! Each book stands well on its own, but Sinister has a special place in my heart. The only thing I didnt like was a beyond-cheesy ending, but oh well. Till then it was an absolute blast.

I have not read it.

Forgive me for not quoting actual interesting comics featuring Electro, I have most of his appearances in comic form but was too lazy to go dig them out.

No no, that's cool. What you've recommended is a big help. Thanks. :) I might pick upsinister six books at some point then. I've only ever read a handful of spiderman comics and trades so there's loads I want to explore. Just always found it hard to really find a good jumping on point.

My local HMV. Went in to get Dredd, but it's not out til Friday, there was the complete series for 40 euros. Just watched the Alien Costume trilogy. You can get it off HMV's site too.

Awesome, thanks man. Will have to check it out. The alien costume trilogy was brilliant. I don't know how close it stuck to the comics but I thought it was did in such a great way. As was everything in that show. I really applaud the way they handled some of the huge epic storylines for what is essentially a kids show. Same with the x-men animated show.

Also, have to agree with everyones comments above, christopher daniel barnes was the perfect spidey. His voice is the only one I can hear when reading spidey. Same with JJJ.

Back