Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted an extended cut too, the reason they took got deleted is unknown, perhaps they want to change the story to expand in the sequels and the scenes would contradict what they hace planned.

for the Peter bash i've got my eyes on the pants, Jacket and gloves so far.

Comic-Con :wave

(If they bothered to update the pics everyone would know)

Yeah, it is rather odd. I really enjoyed the movie, even though it was a bit less "Spider-Man" than I wanted. That's why I wonder about the directors cut, what it could be like. The changes could always be negative after all. Regardless, this is one figure where I could leave the movie, b/c I like the design of the outfit so much. I wish he hadn't been delayed so much though, I'd rather have him in December than say.. Batman now, lol. I'm still hoping someone will do a belt like the video game, which I still need to pick up.

I thought at one point it was mentioned that Dr. Ratha (that was his name right?) knew something about Pete's parents?

I thought at one point it was mentioned that Dr. Ratha (that was his name right?) knew something about Pete's parents?

Dr. Ratha supervised Richard Parker and Curtis Connors (back 10+ yrs ago), and was pushing him to advance Project 00. The added pressures on Parker to produce a viable final product (and his reluctance to rush anything) is what I think ultimately led to Parker's demise.

I haven't seen any of the deleted scenes, but I was heavily involved in the virals. Ratha was a big part of the backstory in that 'world', so I'm hoping they shed more light on him and his involvement in ASM II.

Dr. Ratha supervised Richard Parker and Curtis Connors (back 10+ yrs ago), and was pushing him to advance Project 00. The added pressures on Parker to produce a viable final product (and his reluctance to rush anything) is what I think ultimately led to Parker's demise.

I haven't seen any of the deleted scenes, but I was heavily involved in the virals. Ratha was a big part of the backstory in that 'world', so I'm hoping they shed more light on him and his involvement in ASM II.

Dr Ratha was in one of the deleted scenes posted in the movie thread, it explain why he was absent from the film in the second half

Dr Ratha was in one of the deleted scenes posted in the movie thread, it explain why he was absent from the film in the second half

Was that the scene with him and Lizard in the lair? I remember that from the trailers (or something similar to that in the trailer.)

THIS is why I need to get the Blu release, rather than the iTunes release. Still on the fence though.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering this figure. It pretty much comes down to either getting TDKR Catwoman or this Spider-Man. What's the verdict, gents?

I'm thinking about pre-ordering this figure. It pretty much comes down to either getting TDKR Catwoman or this Spider-Man. What's the verdict, gents?

it's all down to personal preference, I got this instead of Ms. Kyle is because I am a huge Spidey fan and I really loved the new movie, but if your preference is Catwoman as opposed to Spidey then I say go for her if that is what you personally want...

although...

why_not_both.png

it's all down to personal preference, I got this instead of Ms. Kyle is because I am a huge Spidey fan and I really loved the new movie, but if your preference is Catwoman as opposed to Spidey then I say go for her if that is what you personally want...

although...

why_not_both.png

Both probably isn't possible. Considering all the Hot Toys releases I have pre-ordered right now. Along with wanting to save for a spring vacation and SDCC next year.

In reference to the lizard it would be nice if Hot Toys did a doctor conners with lab coat and Lizard arm accessory with an extra halve turned head sculpt....I'd buy this in a heart beat.

In reference to the lizard it would be nice if Hot Toys did a doctor conners with lab coat and Lizard arm accessory with an extra halve turned head sculpt....I'd buy this in a heart beat.

That's a great idea. I'm with you there. That would really peak my interest.

I dunno if he was popular enough character for them to do it, I see it more likely that someone may make a custom version of it.

Have we got any new pics of this yet? HT need to get their finger out and post some official HS pics :(

At first I hated the new Amazing Spider-man suit. However, after watching the movie it has become my favorite. I still like the Tobey suit and had to get the Spider-man 3 hot toy for the more traditional look. Can't wait for the Amazing Spider-man Hot Toy to come out. I just hope that web shooters don't become an issue on the figure. I could see those causing rips with posing or popping off and getting lost. Let's hope Hot Toys learned their lesson and we have web that can stay straight. I didn't even use my web because I read about the issue. Definitely a spidey season. Not only is the Amazing Spider-man hot toy coming, but Kotobukiya Spider-man is coming next month. With the Tobey Hot Toy, the Amazing Spider-man, and the Kotobukiya I think I have Spider-man covered until they re-invent his suit again. (Not crazy about the black suit.)

Spider-Man-Unleashed-Statue-002_1332416913.jpg

That spider-man is 1/6 and the statue is like 16" tall.

We could all sit here and over-analyze the differences between Maguires and Garfield's Spider-Mans, and while I don't want to take this thread off topic, I do have to say that I really think Garfield had a way better body type to pull off the Spider-Man look. He has that tall/thin build whereas Maguire looks not fat. Not skinny. Just average.

In some recent releases HT have thrown in an accessory that wasn't in the specs (like the Sticky Bomb gun for Batman and Table for Iron Bloke)

So it'd be so great if they threw in a loose mask to hold, shouldn't be too hard afterall they got the mask done, all they gotta do is stitch some more off of the head and glue the lenses down.

In some recent releases HT have thrown in an accessory that wasn't in the specs (like the Sticky Bomb gun for Batman and Table for Iron Bloke)

So it'd be so great if they threw in a loose mask to hold, shouldn't be too hard afterall they got the mask done, all they gotta do is stitch some more off of the head and glue the lenses down.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the mask completely sculpted? If that's the case I imagine it would be pretty hard to replicate it with actual fabric/stitching.

If I'm way off base here forgive me.

Back