Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to get this figure for a long time. Today I found a great deal and finally decided to pull the trigger and join the club. The new figure is just not doing it for me and this design keeps growing on me more and more.

I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to get this figure for a long time. Today I found a great deal and finally decided to pull the trigger and join the club. The new figure is just not doing it for me and this design keeps growing on me more and more.

I did exactly that. Then a month later, the novelty of the figure wore off and I sold it.

I did exactly that. Then a month later, the novelty of the figure wore off and I sold it.

Lol! Well hopefully that does not happen to me. I was working on a Spider-man specific display but I have recently changed directions and I want him to be part of my Avengers display. I will be selling my black suit Spidey. Wish me luck lol

Flipping through this thread in anticipation of receiving my figure next week.. on page 755 so I still have a ways to go! Maybe what I am about to ask is in here somewhere but at this point it seems so much easier to just ask!

Does anyone have or can anyone take a picture of this Spidey in a crouched pose on top of the stone pillar that came with the R&B Spiderman-3 figure? Also can this picture be taken inside of a detolf? I'm trying to determine 1) will it fit 2) does it put Spidey up high enough so that another figure can stand in front of the pillar without blocking him. Thanks in advance!!

I think the scale looks fine. (I know its not a great picture)

Resampled_2014-01-20_14-02-28_855_zpsfc7316fd.jpg

Bumping old posts.. I know.. Sorry!

I noticed that you have two Wolverine figures displayed. I'm going to add a Wolverine to my Avengers display and I had been leaning towards an Origins style custom figure but this picture made me reconsider. I think Last Stand Wolverine looks very good with the Avengers and The Origins figure might look a bit too casual or dressed down.

I see that you have Last Stand Wolvie posed with the characters who have brighter costumes and Origins Wolvie fits in with the darker dressed characters. That makes sense. But if you had to display all of the characters together on one shelf, which one would you choose to be your Avengers Wolverine?

So finally got Spidey today

Very impressed with it in hand, suit may end up being a little too 'clean' for my liking, so i might weather it up at some point.

Just surprised how small he is!

Glad to hear that you are impressed with him. I should have mine by Wednesday of next week. I think him being a small figure is appropriate. He will look good next to my hulk statue and add some variety to my display.

Just got this guy...
Just posed this guy...
Just love this guy!!!

Hate that I waited so long to pull the trigger.

5u5eqa6u.jpg

5y5eruvu.jpg

If that belly bulge on Spidey ever starts to irk you I managed to make it go away by adjusting his waist, hip and stomach crunch articulation.

Was that the clothing set that was on eBay a while back?
Awesome bash!
Thanks man. It's loose items from all over lol. The pants are mech test 2.0. Jacket's Joe Colton. Hoodie and long sleeve black shirt's from eBay. Slim tru type body..

Back