Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a look through the thread but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Anyone got any tips on removing the lenses from the masked head?

Never mind, done it. Not an easy task :(

Last edited:
ba5ega5u.jpg
u2ehequ4.jpg

Had a look through the thread but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Anyone got any tips on removing the lenses from the masked head?

Never mind, done it. Not an easy task :(

How did you do this? Any special tools used and was it easy to reposition and put back in place? Mine needs realigning. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How did you do this? Any special tools used and was it easy to reposition and put back in place? Mine needs realigning. Thanks

Once it's off, it's off.
The lenses are glued into the head underneath as well as to the mask itself, which rips away pretty easily when removing the lenses.

You need a flat tool to get under the lenses and pry them off (I used a knife)

You are better off buying a second masked head which is aligned correctly

Once it's off, it's off.
The lenses are glued into the head underneath as well as to the mask itself, which rips away pretty easily when removing the lenses.

You need a flat tool to get under the lenses and pry them off (I used a knife)

You are better off buying a second masked head which is aligned correctly

I hear you bro. Guess I'll leave it as is. It's ever so slightly misaligned and I rather put the funds to other figures. For the next spidey, I'll be sure to double check the alignment of the eyes. Thanks for the tip.

I believe that is Coltons jacket from Hot toys Gi joe. Then the inside hoddie is from the mechanic.

Has anyone had any problems with the suit becoming loose after long periods of being in a dynamic pose. I'm scared to death of displaying him any other way than a straight up museum pose.

Did have the new Spidey on order but cancelled, and i keep looking at pics of this and think its awesome. The design really has grown on me after a few more viewings of the film!

Has anyone had any problems with the suit becoming loose after long periods of being in a dynamic pose. I'm scared to death of displaying him any other way than a straight up museum pose.

Would love to find out as well. Heard about that happening to the Raimi Spider-man figures but not this one so far.

Did have the new Spidey on order but cancelled, and i keep looking at pics of this and think its awesome. The design really has grown on me after a few more viewings of the film!

This figure grew on me as well, as did the costume design. The only things I wish HT did better on this were the shape of the head and the eyes.

I had that problem happen yeah, and I think part of the suit tore (right arm) too

Here's my HT Spidey swinging down! (Well, more like posed in front of a wallpaper of NYC on my computer screen haha...) :)

Spidey_1.jpg

Back