Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it, man! Ironically, the black wash makes the figure pop out more on the shelf. The figure looks good as is and just with proper futzing, but black wash makes the figure (particularly the red part of the suit) look great.

Robbiethepainter did his using airbrush, I used watercolor brush on mine. Just use heavily watered down acrylic, and to be safe do multiple coats of light black so as not to get the figure too dark before you know it. And yes, whether you use airbrush of paintbrush, you have to dab a paper towel on the figure while it's still wet. It leaves the paint on the indented basketball-like texturing. Repeat the process to your liking. I did 3 coats on my Spidey :) Goodluck!

Thanks HM. I've got my weekend project now. I'll post pics of the finished product...unless I totally destroy it.

Hey guys,

Maybe it'll sound stupid or crazy but someone have already did an eyes repaint ? (under the lens)

I know it'll be no more movie accurate but more I think about it more I'm tempted to do it.

Here's a quick photoshop preview :

White-eyes-spidey-2.jpg

What do you think about it ?

Hey guys,

Maybe it'll sound stupid or crazy but someone have already did an eyes repaint ? (under the lens)

I know it'll be no more movie accurate but more I think about it more I'm tempted to do it.

White-eyes-spidey-2.jpg

Personally, I think it takes away from the outfit. They yellow eyes really make it stand out among all other Spidey costumes. The head itself looks great with the white eyes, though.

Yeah I want like 10 of these but waited too long to order and now I don't know when I'll be able to get them

I found some on eBay for $45. I don't really want to pay that much for one. I was looking at the TASM2 figure and it looks like he comes with a dynamic stand. If that's the case, I might just bite the bullet and buy the stand from eBay so I'll have one for each character.

Hey guys,

White-eyes-spidey-2.jpg

I don't personally care for it mainly because that's not how they were in the movie and to me, this is strictly TASM movie suit. Had the suit been more classic looking while still having the yellow eyes, then it might work to repaint them white. ie. If TASM2 suit still had yellow eyes, than I can see someone wanting to paint them white to give it a more classic spidey look.

Hey guys,

White-eyes-spidey-2.jpg

I like it, but I wouldnt do it. Not white. It is too stark of a contrast. It is just too much.

I would be up for a repaint if I had this figure, as long as you didnt lose the texture in the lenses. If I were going to do it I would use silver. Maybe even a steel color.

Yeah I think silver could be cool too. :)

@Webb Head I agree with you, this suit is the TASM movie and it's how he's made.

Btw it's just an "why not idea", I'm not going to do it. But maybe I'll buy another Spidey head later, just to try it anyway. :)

It's been terribly humid here these past few days, and after checking my Spidey and MoS figures 2 days ago, both had sticky suits by the armpit area. I don't know if someone's done this before but I brushed a very light coat of gloss acrylic varnish on the underarms of both figures. I just checked Supes and Spidey moments ago and the topcoat worked like an antiperspirant (LOL). The suit is no longer sticky! :)

Hopefully I don't get that problem! Wow! But I just got my figure in the mail today and was wondering if you guys have any tips for me on handling the figure. I've watched many videos on the figure and know of the shoulder issue and how to move them safely, but do you guys have any other helpful tips when it comes to Hot Toys in general?

Hopefully I don't get that problem! Wow! But I just got my figure in the mail today and was wondering if you guys have any tips for me on handling the figure. I've watched many videos on the figure and know of the shoulder issue and how to move them safely, but do you guys have any other helpful tips when it comes to Hot Toys in general?

Congrats buddy! This is a fun figure. The costume has this embossed texture on the blue part that's printed on the cloth, and it's made of rubbery paint. It can get very sticky depending on the weather condition. People from non-humid places seem not to have issues with it. Same thing with MoS Superman and Jor El figures.

As for the shoulders, mine's from the first batch (if a second batch that is said to be improved really exists), it has the extra instruction sheet telling not to raise the arms beyond 80 degrees. My Spidey's shoulders and the rest of its joints are perfect, considering that I got mine pre-owned. Just be careful moving the shoulders and you'll be fine (I guess it's a must-do for all figures anyway). Try to place your fingers near the articulation point itself when you're moving/posing the figure.

Thanks, HeubertMichael! I saw on the videos that the guys would pinch right around the area where they were moving the joints and such and I feel like that's safer and better when I do it, too haha. I also pinch the shoulder area when I move it up and down so it keeps the shoulder from moving too much. I really love this figure, I just need to figure out the best way to display it.

I received Spidey in today and I must say he looks so much better in person than on camera. Totally underrated and very happy to finally have him in my ever growing collection. I got the instructions with the shoulders but mine moves smoothly. Very easy possible figure. Amazing figure and will be posting pictures soon. Going to bash together a Peter Parker with the Andrew head sculpt. Amazing detail that won't capture on camera or video. I highly recommend you pick this figure up if you're on the fence and if you're a Spider-man fan. Totally worth it.

I received Spidey in today and I must say he looks so much better in person than on camera. Totally underrated and very happy to finally have him in my ever growing collection. I got the instructions with the shoulders but mine moves smoothly. Very easy possible figure. Amazing figure and will be posting pictures soon. Going to bash together a Peter Parker with the Andrew head sculpt. Amazing detail that won't capture on camera or video. I highly recommend you pick this figure up if you're on the fence and if you're a Spider-man fan. Totally worth it.

I completely agree and understand where your coming from, I wasn't to excited for this guy to arrive but it more than blew away all expectations. Its one of my favorite figures now, looking forward to your photos and parker bash, congrats:hi5:

I completely agree and understand where your coming from, I wasn't to excited for this guy to arrive but it more than blew away all expectations. Its one of my favorite figures now, looking forward to your photos and parker bash, congrats:hi5:

Thanks man! I love Spidey. The pose I got him in rocks! Easy to pose. :hi5:

Back