Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone know if the tech deck boards are suitable scale for this guy? :dunno

So, I'm very, very happy with my ASM figure as it stands, but I would love a black double strap backpack. Anyone know where I could snag one as I had no luck on the 'Bay. If all else fails, I may just buy another mechanic bag.

Here comes my Spider-Man!

P4280677_zpsb23cd850.jpg

P4280681_zps77aefeb2.jpg

Some great photos on this thread! :clap Finally added this figure to my collection today - very pleased with it!! :)

There's a seller on ebay who claims he has the 2nd batch in stock.. but no brown shipper box for it, suspicious? Is there a way to differentiate the two batches?

Last edited:
After seeing ASM2 and re-watching ASM i have a new found love for this suit and figure!!

There's a seller on ebay who claims he has the 2nd batch in stock.. but no brown shipper box for it, suspicious? Is there a way to differentiate the two batches?

From what I read the first batch has this extra sheet of paper along with the instruction manual, that says no to raise the arms beyond 80 degrees. It's said that the second batch doesn't have that paper.

I just bought mine from a fellow boardie and his is from the first batch, and it's perfect. No shoulder problems or any issues at all.

I love the first suit. The texture is brilliant - it almost made me really dislike the material / cloth look of the Maguire films.

Agreed! Just watched the movie again with my girl to prep her for ASM2, and I almost forgot how great it looks on screen.

Agreed! Just watched the movie again with my girl to prep her for ASM2, and I almost forgot how great it looks on screen.

Yup, atfirst I thought I will love the ASM2 suit more since its more true to comics, but there is something about this suit that I like more. Not sure if the texture, eyes etc.

From what I read the first batch has this extra sheet of paper along with the instruction manual, that says no to raise the arms beyond 80 degrees. It's said that the second batch doesn't have that paper.

I just bought mine from a fellow boardie and his is from the first batch, and it's perfect. No shoulder problems or any issues at all.

Thanks. Hoping someone who bought the 2nd batch could confirm this. Really want this figure but not sure where to buy from.

Thanks. Hoping someone who bought the 2nd batch could confirm this. Really want this figure but not sure where to buy from.

I bought mine from side show and it's the second batch, I still got the paper instruction you can see it on my video review.

Back