Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That long skinny body reminds me of the worm guys from men in black. The eyes in the sculpt are too far apart. Garfield is kinda there but not. Reminds me alot of the mark 7 sculpt in that way. Can see its suppose to be the actor but its not the actor.imo

Yeah, it's pretty much what we saw in the first leaked pics.
That Garfield sculpt is horrible. The shoulders, arm joints are horrible. Suit looks nice, eyes are ok I guess. Will display nicely as Spidey.

Congrats to all the fans finally getting this figure. The costume design for this film was always a massive disappointment for me, even all this time after its release. I just find the costume, Garfields body shape and movement very effeminate.

Congrats to all the fans finally getting this figure. The costume design for this film was always a massive disappointment for me, even all this time after its release. I just find the costume, Garfields body shape and movement very effeminate.

Yes congrats to all that are happy that are FINALLY getting him. Such an unnecessary delay. You know the first time i saw the movie I was ok with it but ive seen it two more times since and I just really dont like him. Hes very effeminate like you said but he also isnt a real good actor. At least not enough to be spiderman imo. I liked him in social network but thats it. But theres a big difference in being a supporting actor and a lead actor. Its just a forgettable movie to me. Slightly better then the fantastic four movies. Im really hoping part 2 is better.

I quite like it if im honest.I won't be using the Garfield sculpt as i never really planned too, even going the ebay route for this guy its only about £20 more so :dunno. I could do with a red and blue spidey in the collection and considering it took them this long to get this out its going to be a while before ASM2 version.

I'm still happy with the way this has turned out.

I really don't know what people were expecting from Hot Toys, to get an accurate suit it was always going to hamper articulation and bunch up. If they had gone with a different fabric, people would have just been complaining that it wasn't accurate.

I also still prefer the look of the new AG head sculpt.

Looks good, I don't see what the complaints are about, sure it's got a few faults but is it that bad that you'd cancel? Suit is probably a bit too restrictive though. OMG pics look good.

Last edited:
1390777_612532895451709_1626610433_n.jpg

Always these negative vibes on this Forum...
I like it.
(Besides it never was a option to cancel for me. Over two years I'd just like to be sure that I'm not completely wasting my money :D)

I think it looks great, well worth the wait IMO!

As said its just the waiting game now to see how long it takes to get ours in the UK.

Back