Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gundam-correct-century7longneck_zps7bdd2e42.jpg

Good thing Medicom fixed that before release :yess:

Really? I don't think they could have...seeing as they used that exact same photo on the front of the box...at 44 seconds in, in all its wrinkly glory.

Really? I don't think they could have...seeing as they used that exact same photo on the front of the box...at 44 seconds in, in all its wrinkly glory.
Don't worry about what you see on the box. For some reason they used the proto pics, with the solid yellow eyes (changed to a reflective, I'd say "white gold" colour), & red shoe soles (changed to silver). The proto looked like it might have had excess material on the neck causing the bunch up in that area.

I see some HT Amazing Spidey pics being teased :panic:

I know it's blurry but the shape of the neck and shoulders look better there.

Really? I think they look pretty bad. Still crossing my fingers, toes and lower intestine that this rocks.
If that was an actual human, someone would need to call Mulder and Scully. :lol

I see medi spidey selling at real good prices now. Almost half the price
When first release, perhaps those that missed it might want hunt them down :D

Really? I think they look pretty bad. Still crossing my fingers, toes and lower intestine that this rocks.

i think this is going to be like the spangle captain America body looks poorly constructed . :thud:

I know it's blurry but the shape of the neck and shoulders look better there.
Agreed, hopefully there's isn't a rounding at the base of the neck, needs to look seamless from shoulders to head

I'm pretty sure they fixed it, people that bought it in the medicom spidey thread commented on how they fixed it

Pics tomorrow right?

Admittedly, I didn't blow them up to that size to look at them. Not going to get my knickers in a twist either way. I'll either be happy about it and keep it, or I won't and it'll get flipped, it's just a toy.

Initially I was going to display this with the Garfield HS but tbh right now I'd be happy with it just looking good as Spiderman, like I said previously though I fear this has gone beyond the point of it being savable :(

Let's hope so. My expectations have been lowered, so I'm really hoping for something surprising now. There's no way I'm not picking up this guy regardless.

Personally I'm more interested in the posability (as in whether he can do multiple signature Spidey poses) than I am the headsculpt. My Garfield head will likely sit in the box the whole time.

if it finds you guys interesting, its not the same guy that sculpted the headsculpt, usually dark knight and iron man are by Kojun / directed by him right? this one isnt and not directed by him, even the painter is still JC Hong

Last edited:
You'd think for a figure that's been overdue for months, with almost zero expectations from fans, OMG would spare us the teasers...but nope. I mean, c'mon it's almost a year and half, just give us the pictures don't tease us. :lol

You'd think for a figure that's been overdue for months, with almost zero expectations from fans, OMG would spare us the teasers...but nope. I mean, c'mon it's almost a year and half, just give us the pictures don't tease us. :lol

Where does he live? One of us could break in, take pics, and get out

:exactly::exactly: Teaser pics are a bit non-exciting regarding this figure I'd imagine.

Back