Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see three noses as a minimum on my alternate Spiderman heads.

lol, damn you're fast.
deleted my post cause didnt want to sound too sarcastic, but I get ya buddy. :duff

I wonder if the difference on Garfield's sculpt is just the paintjob.
I have the Catwoman and to me the stock does not look like Anne at all, but I dont mind cause she's displayed with a mask,
But here's a pic of the same sculpt with a repaint.
Its night and day.

jqrr.jpg

ltm3.jpg

I wonder if Garfield sculpt is the same...but just the production paintjob is not as nice as the proto paintjob.

lol, damn you're fast.
deleted my post cause didnt want to sound too sarcastic, but I get ya buddy. :duff

I wonder if the difference on Garfield's sculpt is just the paintjob.
I have the Catwoman and to me the stock does not look like Anne at all, but I dont mind cause she's displayed with a mask,
But here's a pic of the same sculpt with a repaint.
Its night and day.

jqrr.jpg

ltm3.jpg

I wonder if Garfield sculpt is the same...but just the production paintjob is not as nice as the proto paintjob.

Well, abandoning the crap gags for a moment, that is one fine repaint job. Might I ask who did it for you, or was it you yourself - Is it possible to have less than no talent? If not, I am just a total no-talent when it comes to such things.

Other than the eyebrows, I think it's a great likeness of AG. The only other issue I have with the whole head area is that Hot Toys have managed for the first time ever to make a characters neck too bloody short!

The amount of times they have given figures giraffe necks, and the first figure that should have one, doesn't

Well, abandoning the crap gags for a moment, that is one fine repaint job. Might I ask who did it for you, or was it you yourself - Is it possible to have less than no talent? If not, I am just a total no-talent when it comes to such things.

The sculpt is not mine, its a member here named Shiro.
Tempted to repaint mine...but just not quite sure if it'll make a difference cause as I mentioned, mine is displayed with the mask.

Yeah, all the other repaints were basically just subtle, and you have to put them next to the stock to see the difference, but, I didnt really a see a huge improvement in terms of likeness.
That repaint really brought out the likeness.

Cracks me up that they let people like OMG have a figure, but tell them not to post photos until a certain time.

F'in tease

From release of pics, how long do you think it will take to get him in hand?

From the time OMG actually posts photos till the time we have it in hand in the US....I think about 6 weeks? I think it comes out in HK 1-2 weeks after the photos and then another month for it to start shipping from SSC here in the US.

From the time OMG actually posts photos till the time we have it in hand in the US....I think about 6 weeks? I think it comes out in HK 1-2 weeks after the photos and then another month for it to start shipping from SSC here in the US.
I assume
Ssc ships before everyone else?
Thanks

I assume
Ssc ships before everyone else?
Thanks

Yes, because all the other US retailers get their stock from SSC. SSC is the exclusive and sole direct distributor of Hot Toys in the US, so Hot Toys shipped everything to SSC and retailers here have accounts with SSC.

I think it's usually 2-4 weeks after SSC ships that other retailers in the US start shipping. Then after that are the overseas (other than HK) retailers.

Back