Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think these were new, but wasn't sure ????

1044858_485006941573844_767157067_n.jpg

1011929_485007088240496_304489848_n.jpg

1011216_675103169172000_296687005_n.jpg

993295_1396467193898555_1555159351_n.jpg

Second from last is the Medi.

Now, this is me nitpicking (shocker for a HTs thread....:lol), but does that Garfield sculpt look a bit big for the body?

This figure is like the Prometheus line excitements come and gone....

Interest has all but expired.

Yes it has....in dream-world fantasy lah-lah land, which is clearly where you live.

Us regular collectors, who will be getting it soon enough, will just wait for this to sell out and then laugh as we recall exactly this type of post...seeing Bo shrek scramble around to pick up the last 1 or 2 at retail before the prices go ballistic!

Now, this is me nitpicking (shocker for a HTs thread....:lol), but does that Garfield sculpt look a bit big for the body?

Honestly...and I do like Andrew Garfield...his head at times does look a bit big in proportion to his body, especially when he's rocking 'Dat Hair'.

So I think HT is actually being quite accurate here.:lol

Last edited:
Yes it has....in dream-world fantasy lah-lah land, which is clearly where you live.

Us regular collectors, who will be getting it soon enough, will just wait for this to sell out and then laugh as we recall exactly this type of post...seeing Bo shrek scramble around to pick up the last 1 or 2 at retail before the prices go ballistic!

WOW…someone's figures woke up on the wrong side of their 1/6th bed this morning!!!

I am going back to my "dream-world fantasy lah-lah land" where I pay a mortgage.

This figure is like the Prometheus line excitements come and gone....

Interest has all but expired.

Maybe for some, but I see this like the Keaton Batman and Reeve Supes, it took a long time to come out, but when it did, It made collectors instantly fall back in love with the idea!

What's different about this concept is that he has a completely different outfit in ASM 2 which really makes the delay a moot point for this figure.

But I'm sure the final product will be a must have again! :lecture

Let's be honest here, the costume design is unique to ASM1 and they've already switched to a more widely accepted classic design for ASM2 (coming next year) which will surely generate a new Hot Toys Spidey as well.

While it has the potential to sell out, it also has just as much potential for collectors to pass it by in favor of the new design that is just around the corner.

I see this launching similarly to the Iron Man Mark V (suitcase suit), a unique suit that die-hards loved but the average collector didn't embrace. It will still be at or around retail a few years after release before slowly climbing up in value.

WOW…someone's figures woke up on the wrong side of their 1/6th bed this morning!!!

I am going back to my "dream-world fantasy lah-lah land" where I pay a mortgage.

Hey!! What my figures do in their 'down time' is upto them, they're grown ups, just very....short!

As for your mortgage, good for you. I rent privately...so, what? You'll be paying until you die - that would be the 'mort' part of it, it means Death Contract - and you still won't have the ASM Spidey figure...? :dunno

Wow, haven't checked this thread before. Thankfully some pics hadn't seen a page or two back. At first glance through here you would think it was cancelled. Lol.

I am still excited for this, but more so for the bash opportunities

Nope, I wouldn't bash this. Not that I bash anything...ever....no confidence in that artistic area of things (prefer models/kits...do people still make kits? * ).

No, this one is going to join R/B Spidey and Black Symbiote Spidey in my growing 'Spiderman' arena. And despite what I say about not buying the ASM-II version...I most probably will (looks for I AM A SPIDEY 'MARK' icon) :slap

* Slightly :offtopic: but...I remember when kits were one of the top pieces of merchandise a boy like me could get from a film/series and it occurred to me, if films like the Avengers came out when I was a boy I'd've had the Auroras and Monogram/Matchbox/Revell/AMT-ERTL/etc from it filling my room :) Happy times!

Of course there were already the Mego figures and I had a fair few including of course SPIDER-MAN (I wish I still did!) but I love putting the parts together and the painting it up. Could you imagine what a SHIELD Heli-Carrier kit would be like? It would be all kinds of BADASS!

Back