Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Captain America HT from Urban Samurai still haven't shipped yet.
And looks like SPC has them in stock, if I known they would have extras I would have ordered from them instead.

Anyone else preorder Captain with Urban Samurai?

I actually ordered the Cap from SPC a few weeks back when they suddenly were up for order again. They haven't been shipped yet, the owner told me it would arrive and ship out beginning of January... So don't worry that you're missing out, SPC people haven't gotten theirs yet either!

While I didn't buy this figure entirely, I did but the Evans sculpt, body and BD shield to upgrade my FA Cap and I love the Evans sculpt especially the paint on the hair. The BD shield and better articulated body also adds a lot to the figure.

ah ha! I see your face in the shield...that's what I hate about the shiny shield, it reflects EVERYTHING...my camera, my face, my LIGHT BULBS! Every time I take a shot with the shiny shield I have to contort myself to some weird angle or else it will be photoshopping out the unwanted stuff

Boy it sucks waiting a week for a figure to arrive and when it gets here it couldn't possibly have a more crooked star...

Sucks... it really kills the momentum and fun... not to mention it makes me say "so I spent $200 on this??"

I'm not even going to open him, just going to call SSC.

What a bummer.

M.

Added a bit of a change up on Cap, I might keep him like that.

downsized_0108131952_zps5a07d189.jpg

downsized_0108131954_zps5440993d.jpg

downsized_0108131955_zps4f61b2e4.jpg

Just got Cap and Hawkeye for christmas;My first Hot Toys figures, but not my first 1/6 scale figures...also took part in that Gohastings sale and War Machine Special Version should be here in a few days...This guy is just simply amazing and looks way better once you pull up his pants a little,lol

Just got Cap and Hawkeye for christmas;My first Hot Toys figures, but not my first 1/6 scale figures...also took part in that Gohastings sale and War Machine Special Version should be here in a few days...This guy is just simply amazing and looks way better once you pull up his pants a little,lol

Welcome to the forum! You've started off with two of the best figures, congrats! :hi5:

ah ha! I see your face in the shield...that's what I hate about the shiny shield, it reflects EVERYTHING...my camera, my face, my LIGHT BULBS! Every time I take a shot with the shiny shield I have to contort myself to some weird angle or else it will be photoshopping out the unwanted stuff

I've been having the same problems too. I noticed in OMG's photos, he only uses the battle damaged shield.

Indeed a great start! :welcome1:

Added some padding to the neck and through the chest.
Such a bad azz figure.

AvCapt_zpsc6ef0a46.jpg

Awesome pic & nice work on giving Cap some roids! :clap

Here's my padded Cap.

Welcome aboard! Great custom! :welcome1:

I must say that after having him for a couple of days now, I have to disagreed with Clipperking's assessment that he destroys TFA CA. I put the BD shield on TFA CA and it fits him perfectly. The shiny shield, to me, never fit. The BD shield works with the subdued color scheme of the outfit. In fact, it looks like a brand new figure to me and I still enjoy them both.

True story.....

I have the FA Cap and Rescue Cap. I swore that I was not going to buy the Avengers Cap, but after seeing all of these photos, I am LOVING the look.

Anyway, awhile back I decided that I loooooved the way that the red boots and gloves looked, so I bought them to put on my red Deadpool custom thinking that would look awesome.

Then when TA had the BD shield available, I bought that because I loved it and wanted it for my FA Cap figure.

Now tonight when TA put more new Avengers Cap parts up on their website, I saw that the uniform was only $35?! Sold. It's an awesome uniform.

Then shortly after placing that order it hit me - I'm basically a head and a utility belt away from having the whole figure. :thud:

Back