Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tempted to get this 1 but i made my 1st Avenger Caps suit more blue and repainted him a bit, and i love it ton's more now.

383413_352480474813949_138228759572456_1059215_755710715_n.jpg

I wish I could get a better rendering of this image.

I'd like to get this one....dammit. Always knew I'd find it hard to pass on a Hulk but Captain America is pretty iconic himself. He wouldn't seem out of place next to Reeve Superman. But then if I buy Captain America don't I have to buy Thor and Iron Man...and if I buy them might I be aswell to go ahead and buy Black Widow and Hawkeye and Fury :gah:

I'd like to get this one....dammit. Always knew I'd find it hard to pass on a Hulk but Captain America is pretty iconic himself. He wouldn't seem out of place next to Reeve Superman. But then if I buy Captain America don't I have to buy Thor and Iron Man...and if I buy them might I be aswell to go ahead and buy Black Widow and Hawkeye and Fury :gah:

Ahh ..no not really, get the hulk and have the main 4 avengers.

If you're not really a big fan of marvel superheroes
I suggest you buy only 1 best character in your opinion or maybe 2, but not all complete line-up
there will be avengers 2, so there is no need to spend all out
For me, Iron Man mark vii is the one :)

Ahh ..no not really, get the hulk and have the main 4 avengers.

Yeah but thats still a bunch of figures I didn't originally plan on buying. Hulk was always a maybe but the other 3....

plus I'm still kind of wary of buying an Iron Man - have they solved the colour fading issue? Had it on the Mark III I used to own and it bugged the crap out of me.

If you're not really a big fan of marvel superheroes
I suggest you buy only 1 best character in your opinion or maybe 2, but not all complete line-up
there will be avengers 2, so there is no need to spend all out
For me, Iron Man mark vii is the one :)

I've had certain faves since childhood although I never followed the comics, just enjoyed the movies as they came out - Spiderman being the main one, Hulk second. Never followed Captain America but I've been aware of him and on the basis of this figure I watched the film last night and found myself liking it more than I did on first viewing.

Just this damn collector mentality that if you buy one you feel you have to buy the others...particularly Thor and Iron Man.

I saw the new film tonight, & although in action scenes & him in motion etc, the new Cap suit looks alright.. the suit does nothing for me - especially the helmet, I thought that it looked ridiculous in some close up shots to be honest.

The soldier suit still kills this one for me in every way.

I saw the new film tonight, & although in action scenes & him in motion etc, the new Cap suit looks alright.. the suit does nothing for me - especially the helmet, I thought that it looked ridiculous in some close up shots to be honest.

The soldier suit was good in the FA but if he had worn that suit in The Avengers it would have looked odd. Has anyone got any of the fan art that people did for The Avengers suit?

Pics please. How did you repaint it?

I used seriously watered down blue and white acrylic paint so the material is still as soft and pliable. I used a fine brush for the edges and a big brush for the rest. Then i dried it with a hairdryer so the paint doesn't rub off. For the chest star, helmet A and wings i just used silver paint.

Crappy pic as usual soz.

P1040173768x1024.jpg

do not agree at all,helmet looked much better in the movie than in the stills,just returned from watching the movie,and wow,what a great film!!:yess:

Just got back from the film. AWESOME.

Thinking twice if i'm getting him to join my Avengers setup. gosh.

Had him for his Movie release.

Back