Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT should of make it like 89batman with altface for the helmet sculpt, and just regular expression for the Steve Rodgers HS....
it'll be so stupid to display the full team if his expression is like that...
cap1.jpg

cap2-1.jpg

Finally an expressive sculpt from HT and you guys are still whining. :lol

:exactly:

They can't win for losing it seems.

I for one am very thrilled that that there's finally an expressive sculpt instead of something like looks like they just took the helmet sculpt and put the hair on him. 2 completely different sculpts, determined and angry and they both rock :rock Can't wait!

I can almost see how HT's reasoning worked out here...

• It's not DX so it can't be in the $250+ range
  • It's a better version than CA:TFA so it can be more than $160
  • It is part of the huge AVENGERS movie so it can be above $200
  • There are more team members to buy so it cannot be too much over $200
Mine is pre-ordered direct from SSC. So then, my personal Avengers 'assembled' will be:

1. THOR V1 - will pick up improved V2 head in after-sales.
  2. IRON-MAN IV - from my figure+gantry set, when I get it.
  3. CAPTAIN AMERICA - Avengers version.
  4. HAWKEYE - pre-ordered too, 1st Flex done and dusted.
  5. HULK - a "MUST BUY" pre-order when available.
  6. BLACK WIDOW - prob V1, or V2 possibly like Nick Fury
  7. NICK FURY - after sales, don't mind 'complete but displayed' status.

I want all the AVENGERS but practicality dictates that I have to make a few compromises to make it work.

maybe because they've pulled it off terribly:dunno

You say that as if it's fact.

All subjective. The fact is there is always so much whining about HT passive sculpts, and now look what we have. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant.

The point is, they've had a fair crack at something different for once. Looks good to me.

I PO all the HOT TOYS AVENGERS!! AND ALL THE MARVEL AND DC FIGURES!!! ;) :)

All subjective. The fact is there is always so much whining about HT passive sculpts, and now look what we have. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant.

The point is, they've had a fair crack at something different for once. Looks good to me.

A fair crack is alright if it was less than $100 for more than that is it worth the risk? i personally would of prefered a more neutral Evans sculpt and the angry helmet (as i prob wont display the helmeted version) or as suggested earlier in this thread a helmeted head with removable mouth pieces

Finally an expressive sculpt from HT and you guys are still whining. :lol

Nobodys complaining because its expressive, its more about what is that expression? There is plenty of expression in many HT sculpts.
Peter Parker for example looks very expressive and it works. He looks like "Im going to kill you"

Cap looks like "I better find a bathroom to avenge before I ruin this new suit"

... Not the look I'm going for.

Yes, it is subjective, and at least HT has tried to mix it up a little. I just think they could have chosen a more appropriate expression. The one they've gone with looks silly and poorly sculpted (subjective, I know)

:peace

Yes, very subjective as Snake said. I'd love to have a neutral sculpt too but personally I like it because it's something very different and will look good in a lot of action poses.

I'm guessing the expression is very scene specific but not having watched Avengers yet I can't say for sure.

I can almost see how HT's reasoning worked out here...

• It's not DX so it can't be in the $250+ range
  • It's a better version than CA:TFA so it can be more than $160
  • It is part of the huge AVENGERS movie so it can be above $200
  • There are more team members to buy so it cannot be too much over $200
Mine is pre-ordered direct from SSC. So then, my personal Avengers 'assembled' will be:

1. THOR V1 - will pick up improved V2 head in after-sales.
  2. IRON-MAN IV - from my figure+gantry set, when I get it.
  3. CAPTAIN AMERICA - Avengers version.
  4. HAWKEYE - pre-ordered too, 1st Flex done and dusted.
  5. HULK - a "MUST BUY" pre-order when available.
  6. BLACK WIDOW - prob V1, or V2 possibly like Nick Fury
  7. NICK FURY - after sales, don't mind 'complete but displayed' status.

I want all the AVENGERS but practicality dictates that I have to make a few compromises to make it work.

Totally disagree with this point. After seeing this new one I rushed to buy the first Cap.

You can choose to believe that's what it is, sure, but can't you even consider that HT pricing is just a plain and simple matter of a company choosing to charge more because they believe people are willing to pay more?

So many people here seem utterly unable to even contemplate this idea, that perhaps the price is increased simply because HT have decided that people will still buy at the increased price. I don't know why some people here are so resistant to that idea. I guess maybe it's because if you accept that as the reason then you maybe feel like you're being taken for a sucker or something like that, it's makes you feel happier to believe it's out of HT's hands? If not that, some sort of bizarre parental love for HT where you can't believe they would try to charge you more than they need to?

:exactly:

Honestly MOST of us, if we had a big company like HT , WOULD push the limits of pricing to make as much profit as you could. It's just corporate standard thinking- that's why they are in business.
We are not being outraged by HT raising prices over and over again, we are expressing our displeasure of how it affects us on buying and having to cut back on other stuff to do so. It hits our wallet and that is pretty important.

i like this one better than the FA. Just my opinion though since I'm sure people will disagree. I also like ketchup on a hot dog over mustard, and I dont get the big deal over Dr Who.

Back