Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually talking about how he looked in the first Avengers. Didn't look nearly as big to me. Unless they didn't have him bulk up as much for that film.

Oh I see. Might really be the suit. Seems a lot more form fitting compared to his other suits which can be padded up.

I was actually talking about how he looked in the first Avengers. Didn't look nearly as big to me. Unless they didn't have him bulk up as much for that film.

I've read that any scenes that require him to be bulked up (like the helicopter scene in Civil War) are shot first because he's fresh from the gym and that he tends to lose size and weight throughout the shoot.

He seemed pretty big at the time, but after seeing how ridiculously huge guys like Cavill and Affleck would later become, it probably does look less impressive now.

Still though, I think once you removed the dorky helmet he looked pretty great in that suit. And I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen again.

57dce4916c1616001c5ed7c1a0a0a64f~01~01.jpg

He seemed pretty big at the time, but after seeing how ridiculously huge guys like Cavill and Affleck would later become, it probably does look less impressive now.

Still though, I think once you removed the dorky helmet he looked pretty great in that suit. And I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen again.

View attachment 408012

When I watched the behind the scenes of CA:TFA, how he went through a bunch of suits, and they even have the video where Evans said this is it!!!
It looked like they went through great lengths to finalize his outfit.

I cant believe they looked at his helmet in Avengers and they said, sure, lets go for it. :dunno
I agree with you, without the helmet, although this is my least favorite suit, its actually not bad.
That stupid helmet totally ruins this as a whole though.
What were they thinking.

Honestly I don't think it looks any better with the ears showing. The bigger problem was just with how small and tight the helmet was around his head, and how it made his lower face look round and puffy.

The wider and more angular helmets that followed were a whole lot more flattering on him.

Honestly I don't think it looks any better with the ears showing. The bigger problem was just with how small and tight the helmet was around his head, and how it made his lower face look round and puffy.

The wider and more angular helmets that followed were a whole lot more flattering on him.

That looks 1000% better.
The open ears looks incredible, even more true to the comicbook look.

Instead, Its like they combined that with his TFA helmet and produced an egg shaped helmet. :slap

Those pics up there are amazing.

Would be nice to see more pics of Evans in full gear with the ears exposed to get a better feel for the overall look. Still love this suit however, and how it Is compared to the comics. I know it’s not liked by everyone, and I agree with the helmet issue. HT did a great job with fixing some of the purportion issues. I feel the figure looks better than the actual film version in not looking as slim and egg headed.

What were they thinking.

My thoughts, which I've seen a lot of people with similar thoughts, is that the Avengers suit for Cap was never meant to be for battle. He woke up from the ice and was meant to be put into another 'dancing monkey' type role, rather than combat. The suit has no means of protecting Steve whatsoever, it's so flimsy and is designed (purposely) to look like a Super Hero TM, not a functional suit that Captain America would wear to fight Nazis and the like.

I can easily see how Joss and the rest would look at that amazing concept art and think it was the perfect design. But clearly something got lost in translation on the way to a real costume. And the fact they made the colors so much brighter and more comic booky didn't help.

Wish HT would produce one of the black concepts from the Art of Marvel books. I remember seeing the first pics of IW posters and being super stoked, alas...no.

Has anyone got this figure standing next to the recent die cast Avengers Iron Man? Thinking of hunting it down to recreate the 'reindeer games' scene but not sure on scale.

Thanks

Wish HT would produce one of the black concepts from the Art of Marvel books. I remember seeing the first pics of IW posters and being super stoked, alas...no.

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!
AAAANND your wish has been granted.

Anybody have any recommendations on what to use to seal the shield? I recently picked this guy up and the shield is pretty much perfect and I want to seal it to keep it that way. Just let me know, Thanks!

edit: nvm did a better search found it, Tamiya TS-79 semi gloss.

Last edited:
Hi my cap has been in a detof for many years but I recently noticed some stains at the biceps. Is anybody having this issue? If so, is there a way to fix it?

854b646833f20fe16c49557393168ad5.jpg

f5a1493cbb6bcfc4dbc463945c79eba1.jpg

7c7ff3490f1114c709a5a3d98d6ea68c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back