Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for Cap to have a chance to make it to the U.S. by Christmas, it would have to be out overseas by the end of October or early November? Would that an accurate assessment?

So for Cap to have a chance to make it to the U.S. by Christmas, it would have to be out overseas by the end of October or early November? Would that an accurate assessment?

At least by mid-November. In the case with Nick Fury, I received mine about a month after foreign sellers had them on eBay.

I could see mid-November happening... The teasing of the box looks like it's almost ready to go, and it's still a full month till mid-November.

I hope you're right.
I sure would love to have this before Christmas. :pray:

Well, I won't be getting it before Christmas, even if they'd release him tomorrow. (I'm lucky to get Hawkeye before Christmas), but I sure hope some of you guys will! It would make for one awesome present! :rock :rock :rock

I will be posting picture of my Wake-up Steve Rogers/Captain America custom soon. The parts will consists of;

Steve Rogers - Wake Up Custom
Hot Toys
TFA Captain America
Neck, body, foot pegs, stand
Rescue Exclusive
Head, shoes
Indiana Jones
Pants
True Type
Hands, wrist pegs

Non HT
Custom Training t-shirt

Here is my similar attempt. Any feedback on improving?View attachment 52675

Here is my similar attempt. Any feedback on improving?View attachment 52675

I think it's a pretty good first attempt. It appears you're using the CIAN(sp?) head with sculpted neck, so upgrading to a muscle body will be tricky with the sculpted neck/peg.

I would look into swapping TT muscle arms on a regular TT body, and using extended ankle pegs to increase his height.

What brand pants and shoes are those? Trying to put together a Times Square Rogers as well.

Yup. I'd definitely go for a muscle body. I'm using the body straight from my CA FA after a body swap. I wanted more articulation on that fig.
IMG_0127.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

Haven't tried it with the CIAN head yet but the neck on the cap fig is removable. Basically a regular TT with muscle arms. The neck may be a bit long though. Might have to mod the head to fit on a neck or just shorten the bottom of the neck itself to get it a bit shorter.

What I'd like to do is get a slim and shave down the face a bit to make a pre Cap Rogers. I might mold and cast one to try that out.

I used a Dragon Models belt, but I might have to remove it to get rid of the lump. Also I think the regular TT wrist pegs look a little small so I'm thinking of getting the bigger ones like the ones for the T1 T-800 or T2 T-800. I've got other relaxed palms coming so I'm hoping they'll be lighter. I will have to say that the T-shirt looks a little tight on the muscle body, but I like it.

Wake-upCap1.jpg

Wake-upCap2.jpg

Don't see a need to change anything, looks great! Now onto a 1/6 sheetrock 40's room in the middle of a skyscraper!!

Hi guys! I want to show you my new hot toys..an awesome fig..Captain America!
Here's in Italy there too much difficult found any hot toys fig..but anyway i search and i finally found it and i'm so really happy!
I'm waiting 4 a new display to show this figure in my other collection..by the way here's it!
Hope you'll enjoy it!

orpbvb.jpg

2w74w8i.jpg

33kzubt.jpg

2z4effd.jpg

2d6fj9.jpg

29xsuub.jpg

:)

I think it's a pretty good first attempt. It appears you're using the CIAN(sp?) head with sculpted neck, so upgrading to a muscle body will be tricky with the sculpted neck/peg.

I would look into swapping TT muscle arms on a regular TT body, and using extended ankle pegs to increase his height.

What brand pants and shoes are those? Trying to put together a Times Square Rogers as well.

Thanks! I will try those mods. The shoes are ACI. Got them off eBay. The pants are from hot toys Indiana jones. It is the CIAN head so I may have to cut off the neck if I go with a whole muscular body. I do have the body though so if I can bring myself to cut the CIAN I think I will be good. I've seen some better Times Square Caps on here so I will be fixing mine. Can't wait to display with nick fury and a Times Square pic behind!

I used a Dragon Models belt, but I might have to remove it to get rid of the lump. Also I think the regular TT wrist pegs look a little small so I'm thinking of getting the bigger ones like the ones for the T1 T-800 or T2 T-800. I've got other relaxed palms coming so I'm hoping they'll be lighter. I will have to say that the T-shirt looks a little tight on the muscle body, but I like it.

Wake-upCap1.jpg

Wake-upCap2.jpg

That looks a little better than mine! Once you fix the wrists it will be great. Thanks for the earlier recipe! My Indy pants will probably fit better on the muscular body!

Back