Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not really a stickler when it comes to meticulous 100% accuracy on my Preds. I think once HT got past the model kits and made actual figures, all look at least relatively good to some degree. They all have their inaccuracies but at the same time, have their accuracies. As long as I get enjoyment from seeing them displayed on the shelf and looking like a boss, I’m fine with it and that’s all that matters to me. I’ll get custom things here and there, but I mostly just futz and adjust what’s stock on the figure to make it look as accurate as possible. That goes with any of my figures in general really. However, as OM1D stated, I hope Veteran Wolf turns out to be a thing of beauty and requires minimal to no futzing.

I also don’t usually display my Preds with their bio masks off, as I think their bio masks are all unique and help give distinction and character to each Pred. So if the paint apps on one sculpt are slightly better than another, it doesn’t really matter to me as I’m going to have the BM on anyway. I’d only display them without it if that’s how they appeared, such as the Elders.

If u like good looking predators , the p2 predator is an awesome piece . I love how solid they got, I miss the ab crunch though. But p2 when it came out was a huge improvement on the paint. Every predator after that had the same treatment. It's got that gloss real look to it. Like the shadow.

I do agree with you but I was just thinking to prepare u in hand you will see it. I have the TD bio and never take it off. But I'm super easy with all the predators. I like be them all really, the paint app on the city hunter is amazing. Love the shadow too. But u have some of my favs is why I posted. I think the classic is my favorite of what u have . There all so different. I have 13 of the hot toy predators . The track is a good priced predator. Awesome in hand. My berserk is never without his bio too

Gotcha. And totally agree. At the end of the day, it's all about having a little piece of those films in physical form, enjoyable at any time with just a glance. City Hunter 2.0's paint job, especially body and limbs, is the best of them all alongside Elder 2.0. if you haven't shared your Predator collection already, please do mate.

I also don’t usually display my Preds with their bio masks off, as I think their bio masks are all unique and help give distinction and character to each Pred. So if the paint apps on one sculpt are slightly better than another, it doesn’t really matter to me as I’m going to have the BM on anyway. I’d only display them without it if that’s how they appeared, such as the Elders.

Very much this. We're all in the same space hunter boat, brothers.

20lvkis.jpg

I prefer bio masks on. Face sculpts aren’t bad. Wish they would of came with more mandibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet collection. Either Batman is totally f'd in that first image, or Elder Pred is going to present him with a trophy and recognize him as being a worthy hunter.

What mask do you have on your JH in the first pic? Is that the EX non-BD mask?

Sweet collection. Either Batman is totally f'd in that first image, or Elder Pred is going to present him with a trophy and recognize him as being a worthy hunter.

What mask do you have on your JH in the first pic? Is that the EX non-BD mask?

That's a TD bio , bought it off eBay back in the day

So I received the CH today after all, after thinking the transaction had fallen through. First impressions out of the box are generally favorable. I can definitely see why people have gotten custom bio masks for him though. The stock in my opinion is decent, but it could definitely use an improvement. I’ll probably eventually pick one up. It seems (on mine at least) that you have to be cognizant of the right arm though with the net covering, as articulating the elbow too much causes stress on the netting at the elbow joint. All in all I’m happy with him, currently the best Pred in my collection. Just want a Scar, a JH 2.0 and possibly a P2 Elder and Predator from the new film, and I’m done with Preds. I just want the primary Pred from each Pred related film.

Just a quick out of the box pose:

20937574-2A1D-42AE-B1B1-5496DF004860.jpg

So I received the CH today after all, after thinking the transaction had fallen through. First impressions out of the box are generally favorable. I can definitely see why people have gotten custom bio masks for him though. The stock in my opinion is decent, but it could definitely use an improvement. I’ll probably eventually pick one up. It seems (on mine at least) that you have to be cognizant of the right arm though with the net covering, as articulating the elbow too much causes stress on the netting at the elbow joint. All in all I’m happy with him, currently the best Pred in my collection. Just want a Scar, a JH 2.0 and possibly a P2 Elder and Predator from the new film, and I’m done with Preds. I just want the primary Pred from each Pred related film.

Just a quick out of the box pose:

View attachment 390775

He’s a cool figure. They’re not as fragile as people make them to be. I shoot outside a lot and they always fall over and no major damages so far. Posing wise yea you gotta be careful with the netting and joints snapping(especially if it’s too cold or hot outside), just gotta know the limitations that come with the body’s articulation.

The CH helmet is a lil awkward looking at first glance, but it isn’t totally terrible. I hope to get a complete CH in the future. As of now I just have his body, mask, and accessories that I’m using for my Customs. Took this shot the other day. It’s JH 2.0 body+head with the CH helmet.

054e7f3fc22947344b0e080e1dfbc3b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! :clap

Yeah, they for sure don’t feel overly fragile at all. A lot of people, such as yourself, bring theirs outside to take great photos, but I’m too **** about keeping my figures clean to even stand them in the dirt.

I’ll probably end up getting a custom mask for mine, though I’m not in an immediate hurry because the stock mask is indeed decent, it’s not a monstrosity. I think this guy definitely is a beast, even though it was the figure that broke the camel’s back for a-dev and caused him to sell his entire Pred collection. :lol :duff

I don’t have batteries in mine (I never put batteries in my figures) so I didn’t turn the laser sight on.

495B21D5-51EE-4E2A-B6FC-BA6D9BFB2184.jpg

803A8EE1-E135-4248-A9E9-D51450EC52B6.jpg

Good pics , the only weird thing that happen was the knee pads elastic stretched on its own. I don’t do extreme poses and it happened on its own . I had to cut them and glue it tighter , it was weird

Nice purchase. Enjoy it man. Mine didn't have the kneepad elastic issue but I'm sure it's an easy fix.

As for the netting potentially being torn by the sharp elbow parts, I'd also raise a warning finger regarding the 2.0 AvP Preds and their bent knee vs netting situation. No holes on mine, but it was close.

When it comes to the CH 2.0's mask, yeah, I'd totally recommend hunting down a TD mask and grab it and never let go. That said, it's still better than most Preds solely based on its armour, accessories, and fanfreakingtastic body paint.

Back