Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this guy today ,he's huge! Bigger then my t2dx almost fits with my 1/4 neca almost. My only complaints is the damn hand not included for gripping skull. I just let the skull hang wiith his arm down to his side cupping the skull. He was a ***** to futz move one thing and end up futzing another. His head and mask come off real easy as well as medkit and disc.I'm not sure how the disc stays on except for the grooves. I wish was magnets may have to mod it. Very cool figure cant wait to get scar next.

Yeah the lack of left hand options sucks. I'd love to be able to have him holds the spear with two hands fr example.

I only have two Predators. The original P1 and this new P2. I spent so much damn time fighting with the dreds on the P1 trying to get them to hang naturally by boiling them in water and letting 'em cool while held down with a rubber band. After much trial and error I finally got them to stay in a decent position.

After all of that it is so goddamn nice with this P2 how well the dreds hang. You don't even have to do anything. You move the head around and they just naturally fall where they should.

The improved body, detail, etc is all fantastic but I knew all of that before buying it. The thing that's impressed me the most is the dreds. When did they finally get that right? Was it on the Predators figures?

The improved body, detail, etc is all fantastic but I knew all of that before buying it. The thing that's impressed me the most is the dreds. When did they finally get that right? Was it on the Predators figures?

Was on the Classic Pred. The Predators figures had different type dreads that they just couldn't replicate outside of their prototypes.

i found a better solution for the eyes...

here he is all finished. i also did Dedguy's codpiece tie mod, thanks for the tips on that ;). i dont think it looks as good, but its good enough for me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Really, really nice work Dr. Odd. I'm not one for figure customization but these are no-brainer and non-destructive (I assume) mods that should have been factory-standard. I'd maybe go a little darker with the strings, but otherwise that looks great and I'm very jealous.

Great use of light here, dedguy. Was this before you added the blood?

Nope that's after. I just didn't charge the paint with a bright light. That photo was taken under very low lighting using LEDs.

seems like i'm having trouble getting my right hand peg in snug. the gauntlet doesn't slide up all the way so theres a gap between the wrist hole and the end of the gauntlet...

am i just aligning the forearm and gauntlet wrong or is this just a normal design fault? the peg holds in okay, a bit wobbly, but I'd prefer to get it in as snug as the other arm.

Thanks Spanbauer!

Laudanum09, I don't think that is standard to have it be so loose. Maybe just try working it in abit more while adjusting the gauntlet.
As long as it hold in it might benifit you to not have it in all the way, so you can get alittle more range of motion.
On my Ssc boba fett I purposely don't have the wrists plugged in all the way for that very reason

You may want to apply some heat to the gauntlet and try to push it back up the arm. It does have a tendancy to slide down, I'm always pushing it back up when I change hands. You need to use a pretty decent amount of force too and kinda twist it back and forth.

Yeah, definitely heat it up a bit with a hairdryer, then the gauntlet can be pushed farther up the arm. I did this to mine.

8539351853_fff675e8e2_b.jpg

Mad lighting!

Back