Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice collection!

a did a few mods to mine...
-replaced manpurse strap
-replaced strings on codpiece
-shortened the rod on the plasma caster
-put a wire mesh over the eyes( the wire gauge is abit big, but it'll do til i can find something finer)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I plan on doing some of these mods myself as well. Are there any pictures of the bag itself (not just the strap)? I can't seem to find any. I'd like to replace both pouches with real leather ones like I did on my P1.

-replaced strings on codpiece
replaced AND made them longer. glad to see somebody finally did that and it turned out well )
are you going to replace the hips covers with leather / glue the armor & disc holder to legs? i'm planning that but want to get the extra waist armor piece first to experiment on it.

Just received my City Hunter in the mail... showed up super quick. Only 6 days from the day of order off Angolz from eBay, and I used normal air
mail shipping.

Anyway, although I love the figure as a whole and I'm usually not much of a complainer. I need to let off some steam about the problems my figure has.

And it goes like this:

-Helmet fits so tight I'm afraid it will destroy the paint on the face
-The net gun won't go in all the way into the leg
-The battle disk won't fit in the holder properly
-The old Hot Toys City Hunter face looks more movie accurate then this one
-One of the strings in the waist armor just came off without warning
-And this figure was $20 more then my classic Predator which came with more stuff, more LED functions, and a huge display base

I think that's it. Don't get me wrong though I love the figure but all these^ things are annoying as hell.

replaced AND made them longer. glad to see somebody finally did that and it turned out well )
are you going to replace the hips covers with leather / glue the armor & disc holder to legs? i'm planning that but want to get the extra waist armor piece first to experiment on it.

I don't think them going through the holes in the belt is accurate. Based on pictures of the costume and screencaps I think they actually wrap around the body and the straps attached to the front and back flaps actually connect to each other too.

I need to do some more research though to be sure on that subject.

Just received my City Hunter in the mail... showed up super quick. Only 6 days from the day of order off Angolz from eBay, and I used normal air
mail shipping.

Anyway, although I love the figure as a whole and I'm usually not much of a complainer. I need to let off some steam about the problems my figure has.

And it goes like this:

-Helmet fits so tight I'm afraid it will destroy the paint on the face
-The net gun won't go in all the way into the leg
-The battle disk won't fit in the holder properly
-The old Hot Toys City Hunter face looks more movie accurate then this one
-One of the strings in the waist armor just came off without warning
-And this figure was $20 more then my classic Predator which came with more stuff, more LED functions, and a huge display base

I think that's it. Don't get me wrong though I love the figure but all these^ things are annoying as hell.

You have all 3 mouth pieces out, right?

Yeah, the net gun only just barely goes in a little even after I tried heating it and the hole in the shin armor.

I also have difficulty getting the disc into the tiny slot on the armor. Looks like it's not completely in, but it does stay.

These are the best screengrabs I could find of the shoulder bag itself from the P2 BD. Not great but I think shows me enough to know what it looks like. Particularly since I got better grabs of the belt bag on the other side which I believe is the same rough design, just without the strap.

One notable difference from the HT version aside from the strap width is that the second bone along the side of the bag isn't wrapped in cord. It also dangles freely from the side of the bag. You can see it swinging around in a few shots.

Shoulder bag:
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2010.51.19%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2010.50.28%20AM.png

Belt bag, you can also see some of how the loin cloth cords wrap entirely around the body and don't go through the belt.
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2010.53.42%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2010.54.26%20AM.png

I think with the holes in the belt Hot Toys just guessed the straps went through there. There are holes in the actual costume in those places from what I can tell. You can't really see them in the movie but they show up in several prop photos. These are from The Hunter's Lair.

https://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/5001-p2-screencaps-126-large-pics/

Not the holes on the back of the belt in the same rough location as the HT figure as well as how the loin cloth straps wrap around the body.
P2suit.jpg

You can see the holes on the front of the belt here:
P2_wpsuit1.jpg

Thanks for the reference pics. I might redo the strings at some point to be more movie accurate, but it was such a pain yesterday that I'm not in a rush.

@P. - I have no intention of modding the hip armor, too much work and it doesn't bother me much

Applying a dryer to the armor it reshapes pretty well to conform to te leg better. Problem is you have to re-do that almost every time you re-pose legs.

I'm not sure if gluing will work. I tried double sided carpet tape first and the armor just isn't flexible enough for the tape to be strong enough to hold it to the leg. I'm thinking glue might not fare better.

You have all 3 mouth pieces out, right?

Yeah, the net gun only just barely goes in a little even after I tried heating it and the hole in the shin armor.

I also have difficulty getting the disc into the tiny slot on the armor. Looks like it's not completely in, but it does stay.

Yeah I had all 3 parts out. The part on the inside of the mask which inserts into the face is made of hard plastic and does not have the flexibility to be easily modded. I don't like doing anything to my figures because I try and keep them factory fresh with the exception of heat mods.

I guess I'm not the only who has problems with this then. I don't know what's been going on with Sideshow and Hot Toys lately...

Did you guys hear about the $2000 Wolf Bust that has netting on the legs? And remember the issues with the Classic Predator forehead paint and the Samurai Predator alien heads being discolored? Damn it all! lol

I used just crafts store leather cord with a bit of acrylic paint weathering.

Back