Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my P2 last night!! so awesome, only complaint is the left armnot being held as secure as id like but thats because of the switch out option, very minor gripe. Cant wait to get off work and play with it more

I heated up the peg and hole with a hairdryer (while I was doing the same to reshape the mandibles) which got the arm in a little bit more.

Re: Picture Time, Part Three

Got this guy yesterday, had time to take some photos today. I was able to get him to hang on to the skull trophy with one of his stock left hands, btw, without any modification.

8479740571_cee0d75422_b.jpg

8480830348_ca30afe33c_b.jpg

8480830814_394a166d67_b.jpg

8479741369_2b2a908e80_b.jpg

8480831276_d5e01ef701_b.jpg

8480831404_2b6edaa503_b.jpg

8479741995_d3e33413ed_b.jpg

8479742285_a631933ef8_b.jpg

8479742457_fc2337b874_b.jpg

8480832166_bac8eecbc9_b.jpg

Bumped for awesomeness!

yes, Spanbauer made what seems to be the best photo session here for that figure.
light + poses depict everything best about the figure and don't show the face ugliness too much. and completely hide the lame abcense of hips armor articulation.

This figure was poorly done, the paint apps on the bio helmet and armor were very plain mostly bronze had none of the copper and gold highlights in it. I repainted mine as well as altered the closed mandibles to give him that city hunter look.

Got this guy this morning and it is awesome but I thought I would give it a few tweaks before he goes to the shelf.

First one was adding a touch more copper. Accurate or not, I wanted the copper to pop a little more, because I found the figure to be a little too dark for my liking. So a little dry brushing of copper on some areas.

Second was the the waist. I always thought the HT figures were lacking the "love handles" that seemed to be in the real costume. I noticed that there seemed to be a skin over the base body and sure enough once I tore the whole thing apart I found a seam and a little slop in the fit. So I opened up the seam and built up the waist line a little with masking tape. Then the fun part of stretching the skin back over the mod. Lots of heat and heavy handed work, I got it stretched and re glued.

These are the results.

Predator2.jpg

Love the results Rob. Looks proper right there. :lecture :clap

has anyone had a issue with his mask not fitting properly? on mine the head and the mask where not made to line up, I can't get the mask to go on all the way in the 2 slots, so from the side you can see a small opening where the mask should slide in

has anyone had a issue with his mask not fitting properly? on mine the head and the mask where not made to line up, I can't get the mask to go on all the way in the 2 slots, so from the side you can see a small opening where the mask should slide in

The left side of mine doesn't fit in flush to the face.

Did you remove the middle piece also? I think you're suppose to remove the middle section of the mouth when putting on the mask.

Did you remove the middle piece also? I think you're suppose to remove the middle section of the mouth when putting on the mask.

I did, I have the classic predator also and it has the same type of mask, although for a couple of minutes I thought I was doing something wrong, it fits that poorly

now what to do? ask for another mask from SSC? like thats going to happen:nana:

I have the same problem with mine. Gonna try a hairdryer on it to see if i get it to fit perfectly.

This thread doesn't seem very alive compared to how they used to be afew years ago. Are less people buying Hot Toys Preds now or just not this guy?
I think it's a little bit of both; seems like the recycled head sculpt put a lot of people off - and as others have said if you've owned Shadow or the original battle-damaged Predator 2 in the past then there's not much new here to be excited about. Scar Predator will likely be a far more active thread upon release, so long as he turns out as nice as the prototype.

I have the same problem with mine. Gonna try a hairdryer on it to see if i get it to fit perfectly.
I second this question, because the mask fits fine.

Aww, thanks! Did you see the second set? And more here.

No but thanks.

This thread doesn't seem very alive compared to how they used to be afew years ago. Are less people buying Hot Toys Preds now or just not this guy?

I wonder why. There is plenty of discussion going on if you know where to look. Forums like these were cool in the 90's but have become more and more redundant these days. Who cares what a handful of people think on a given subject.

I think its the predator goose, sadly i may pass.I wanted to clear the air on this mask problem , the people with the problem posted but how many are fine ?

Back