Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That brown pole is SO, SO, SO awful...just doesn't fit that figure at all. Looks like they were confused how to attach the cannon and used some LEGO to fix it in place.

DSC_4719.jpg

Looks like it has the same paint issues a s several other HT figures. With the, pixel-like paint used on the black parts of the forehead

I think they nailed to character essence of the "Scar" Predator. Especially the open mandibles (looks cheap and animatronic just like the movie). Unfortunately I do not see the "City Hunter" in this face sculpt. I think "Beserkers" body paint job is the best so far. So much Bang for your Buck!! Ofcourse it is the source material.

You guys are absolutely right about the plasma caster. I can not believe they did nothing to improve it. Overall though I'm still impressed enough to pick this guy up, only I will wait for his price to drop as low as possible. given the skepticism this figure has already been met with I'm certain it will be easy to pick him up for under $200 soon.

You guys are absolutely right about the plasma caster. I can not believe they did nothing to improve it. Overall though I'm still impressed enough to pick this guy up, only I will wait for his price to drop as low as possible. given the skepticism this figure has already been met with I'm certain it will be easy to pick him up for under $200 soon.

Yeah, no way will it sell out. They never do anymore.

Me too... it looks absolutely terrible... out of place... :( I'm going to have to try to modify that...

I'm sure we will see lots of mods done to this figure.

Yeah, no way will it sell out. They never do anymore.

I'm sure we will see lots of mods done to this figure.

Maybe Samurai will sell out since it's a unique design not prone to be remade, but I'm not following the sales, so I don't know, but damn do I love mine!

I'm looking forward to see what people will come up with to modify the cannon attachment, I'm still unsure what can I do to make it correct.

a couple of in hand pictures from toy world HK. There is more so if you wish to see more give it a visit. But i liked these

IMG173_zps3fe8178c.jpg

IMG217_zps05f8fc28.jpg

I know its not a work of art or re-inventing the wheel but i think its a damn nice looking Predator.

I must admit this figure does look great compared to Berserker and classic. I'm pretty sure these are the main two predators most collectors were intending on posing this guy next to.

739883_474919222570073_324515793_o.jpg

774513_474919185903410_1571617721_o.jpg

a couple of in hand pictures from toy world HK. There is more so if you wish to see more give it a visit. But i liked these

IMG173_zps3fe8178c.jpg

IMG217_zps05f8fc28.jpg

I know its not a work of art or re-inventing the wheel but i think its a damn nice looking Predator.

The only thing that really really bugs me with this figure is that left elbow joint. It just looks super weird in every picture I have seen.

The cannon is an incredibly easy fix for anyone willing to mod this guy. As it is I have seen a production still that looked a lot like how it is now. But regardless if it is movie accurate or not, the brown pole looks like **** and I will be removing it from mine. Movie accurate is not always better, just look at scars face :lol

Back