Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greygoose said:
All the new Preds will most probably use the current Predator body. Classic, Shadow and City Hunter all use it.

I don't think so. The same style of body (in terms of materials and where the joints are), yes. But they have to do a resculpt for Wolf. Heck, they even resculpted the original action figure body for P1 when they could've used the old P2 one.

As far as Wolf goes, I'm confident the body will be fine. The mandibles as well. I'm more worried about them reusing the Classic body for the AVP's when those guys need to look like linebackers. Fingers crossed they make them right.
Having those things said, nothing worries me quite as much as a new P2 Elder. I can tolerate the mandibles on P2 and like I've said, these types of mandibles will look perfect on Wolf, but Tsang better not pull this stunt on Elder. It'll be even more obvious on him and far less-excusable since he doesn't have a mask.

IHaving those things said, nothing worries me quite as much as a new P2 Elder. I can tolerate the mandibles on P2 and like I've said, these types of mandibles will look perfect on Wolf, but Tsang better not pull this stunt on Elder. It'll be even more obvious on him and far less-excusable since he doesn't have a mask.

That's a scary thought. P2 Elder is their best facial sculpt on a Predator. I can't see it being bettered; the only way is down.

Can we even be so sure that all these Preds are still being made though?:dunno

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the P2 Elder supposed to be the most movie accurate, accurately sculpted, and 'near-perfect' HT 1/6 Predator out there... Why re-make it??? Like greygoose said, the only way they can go with this is down, in the eyes of the fans at least.

So why not let the king keep his throne, rather than risk destroying our image of the P2 Elder...

That's a scary thought. P2 Elder is their best facial sculpt on a Predator. I can't see it being bettered; the only way is down.

Can we even be so sure that all these Preds are still being made though?:dunno

Either in 1/6 or 1/4 scale, we'll get at least the main Predator from every movie. HT has cancelled announcements in the past, but this license is too successful not to re-milk.

379107_10150442416392344_58690437343_8783167_2059959535_n.jpg

So why not let the king keep his throne, rather than risk destroying our image of the P2 Elder...

It's not profitable. People may be able to sell off their old Elders for half a grand, but none of that money ever goes to the company.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the P2 Elder supposed to be the most movie accurate, accurately sculpted, and 'near-perfect' HT 1/6 Predator out there... Why re-make it??? Like greygoose said, the only way they can go with this is down, in the eyes of the fans at least.

It's actually really inaccurate, detail-wise, body-wise, paint-wise and even headsculpt-wise. It's just their best looking Predator, which is why it fetches so much on the aftermarket. It's so good looking that it's inaccuracies are spared by collectors. In terms of headsculpt, the old P2 had the most accurate one.

I have to agree though, Tsang probably won't do the Elder's headsculpt justice. But I'm looking forward to the body and costume details that were lacking on the original.

I think if they decide to revisit and redo any of the preds in 1/4 it'll be there more sought after ones like the P1, P2, elder, wolf and probably all the avp preds. As far as 1/6 scale goes I really don't think they're going to pass up the chance to make more money off of doing another elder since it was one of there most successful preds yet.

Watched AVP-R again last night. Now I know most of you are thinking why? But it was the last of my Alien picture marathon (I like to do this every couple years).

Like AVP this movie becomes a "guilty pleasure" after so many viewings. The darkness still bugs me. What I love is "Wolf". Totally brings back the essence of the Predator after being lost by the football players of AVP. And later again forgotten in Predators!!

No such of fan of his unmasked face but love the added touch of the burnt face and missing tusk.

Not a fan of the dreads on the Pred Alien. I do not think it translated well making them look like hanging dog ears.

I wish that at one point in the movie 'wolf" contacted his ship. You would see his ship console light up. This scene would be forgotten until the end where just before the bomb drops a Predator ship shoots down the plane, lands and a bunch of Predators come out shooting killing all the aliens, they capture the Predaliens (for their bioweapons division), throw him in the ship and take off. The people are left to say WTF!!!

Both Wolf and Predalien survive........

Watched AVP-R again last night. Now I know most of you are thinking why? But it was the last of my Alien picture marathon (I like to do this every couple years).

Like AVP this movie becomes a "guilty pleasure" after so many viewings. The darkness still bugs me. What I love is "Wolf". Totally brings back the essence of the Predator after being lost by the football players of AVP. And later again forgotten in Predators!!

No such of fan of his unmasked face but love the added touch of the burnt face and missing tusk.

Not a fan of the dreads on the Pred Alien. I do not think it translated well making them look like hanging dog ears.

I wish that at one point in the movie 'wolf" contacted his ship. You would see his ship console light up. This scene would be forgotten until the end where just before the bomb drops a Predator ship shoots down the plane, lands and a bunch of Predators come out shooting killing all the aliens, they capture the Predaliens (for their bioweapons division), throw him in the ship and take off. The people are left to say WTF!!!

Both Wolf and Predalien survive........

You put 99% more effort into the story than the brothers strause did so kudos to you :clap

You put 99% more effort into the story than the brothers strause did so kudos to you :clap

Fans blame the Brothers. The Brothers blame Fox. I blame Fox for hiring them in the first place and hiring Salerno to write the script. God blames them all.

Still though, AVP:R is a guilty pleasure of mine and as people know I have a soft spot for Wolf.:D

The Wolf character is awesome.

But.... when the Strause brothers and producers approached him with the script, he should have decapitated them all for the storyline being pure ass.

The Wolf character is awesome.

But.... when the Strause brothers and producers approached him with the script, he should have decapitated them all for the storyline being pure ass.

I heard they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. They told him he could nail Jesse against a wall; turns out he did, just not the way he had in mind.:monkey5

Back