Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a reply from Hot Toys to one of my emails i sent them.

Hello xxxxxx,

Good day.

Thanks for your great support to Hot Toys.

Your suggestion and comment on the Predator 2 City Hunter will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.

Please keep visit our Facebook page to get our most updated news.

Thanks

Best Regards

KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

Hello xxxxxx,

Good day.

Your suggestion and comment on the Predator 2 City Hunter will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.

Thanks

Best Regards

KC/ Hot Toys Ltd
I got the same reply mail from HT at yesterday as well....

Good. As bland as the response is, they've probably received thousands of the same complaints. At least it states there that the comments will be forwarded to their production team as reference. Whatever that tells me, I'm hoping it's for the better.

Nope. Snake and Classic share the same base headsculpt, that's about it. The mandibles are different between the three of them (Snake's have spikes; Classic's have no spikes; P2's have spikes and ridges at the base of the tusks). The poses are just identical. And the base headsculpt on P2 is obviously different from the other two.

He was referring to the skull on the left in this image:

fifthskullug8.jpg

That not a trex skull though it would be beast it they included it

Hello xxxxxx,

Good day.

Thanks

Best Regards

KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

Aka thanks for your suggestion, we will probably shape the texturing of the mask and apart from that jack sh--

Okay, ignoring all of the character-specific details. Just the overall shape of the heads. Snake and P2 look pretty much the same.

I'm saying that I think they took a Snake head, altered the head crest, added the inner head crest, added/removed mandible details for accuracy..etc.

I don't think they actually sculpted a new P2 head from scratch..looks like they just took Classic/Snake's and added outer details accurate (not very accurate) to the predator this figure is supposed to portray.

Well... underneath the crests and ridges, they're both Predators, so... one would hope they look the same. That's just the way Tsang sculpts them, unfortunately. Notice how the teeth on the A2 Warrior, A3 Dog, and A1 Big Chap Aliens all seem to angle outward and toward the middle of the mouth. I'm sure it's a new sculpt, but old habits die hard and the basic facial shape can't help but be sculpted the same. Heck, underneath the foam rubber, the animatronics and facial plates of various Preds look quite close too.

sounds like "if you think that the earth is a sphere in space, i can't help you here".

The Earth is flat, what are you talking about? :dunno

obvious things do not need your help and it is excellent.

I never said it was an excellent sculpt. It looks cool as a figure and that's why I'm buying it. I don't have a problem with criticisms either, I guess I just don't see how someone could accuse Tsang of sculpting P2-specific details over an existing base Predator head when all Predators look nearly identical once you remove the features that make them unique. Both P1 and P2 were sculpted by Stan Winston Studios. Both of the armatures underneath, as I explained above, share similarities. But P2 has a ridgier, more insectoid exterior so you wouldn't know it.

In other words, just because Tsang sucks at sculpting Predators (and he does, I won't deny it), doesn't mean he uses the same foundations each time he tackles a new character. It simply means he refuses to learn from his mistakes.

I never said it was an excellent sculpt. It looks cool as a figure and that's why I'm buying it. I don't have a problem with criticisms either, I guess I just don't see how someone could accuse Tsang of sculpting P2-specific details over an existing base Predator head when all Predators look nearly identical once you remove the features that make them unique. Both P1 and P2 were sculpted by Stan Winston Studios. Both of the armatures underneath, as I explained above, share similarities. But P2 has a ridgier, more insectoid exterior so you wouldn't know it.
...P2's head is shaped differently than P1's, though. It's larger, more slanted, etc. So once you remove all of the outer details...the actual base head shapes are NOT the same.

For these three figures, it looks like the base head shapes ARE the same.

That's all I'm trying to say.

...P2's head is shaped differently than P1's, though. It's larger, more slanted, etc. So once you remove all of the outer details...the actual base head shapes are NOT the same.

I completely agree, it really feels that way. :lecture

Like I said before, it's like adding a goatee to their Aldo Raine headsculpt and selling it as Tony Stark (visual courtesy of Devil_666):

Way-way-way-wait. You're not seriously going to tell me that you don't see Downey Jnr in that pic^???
I know right, it looks just like him. I seriously don't understand where the hate is coming from. Plus, don't all humans look the same anyway? :cuckoo:

You guys just like to nitpick.

Hello xxxxxx,

Good day.

Thanks

Best Regards

KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

I was curious if they held the license for all Metal Gear Solid games or just MGS3 and got pretty much the same reply :slap

all Predators look nearly identical once you remove the features that make them unique.
i do not want a predator with a removed head that made him unique.
absolutely no attempt to sculpt the movie-suit body physics or armor details is already enough.
actually four.
he started with berserker and just adds some edges every time.
=================
why doesn't tsang just paint? i loved the body paint of classic like nothing else from HT for a long time :)

Last edited:
Back