Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic question kinda - the old HT Borg Predator - I believe it came with a P2 spear and throwing disc but were these painted differently to match the Borg outfit or were they the exact same in every way as the ones that came with the actual P2?
They were just the same. Only guardian managed to get the repaint disc. The combi staff was the same again

Ya im still excited to receive this predator 2! So much hate going around on the mask and mandibles. I'm with you guys there that I hope it'll be fixed but probably won't happen. So looking into other options I'm just going to buy a new bio mask since I'm not going to display him without the bio helm.

Just noticed the little hints of turquoise in the helmet and armor. Looks almost like copper.

Shouldn't the knee pads have straps? They're just floating there like the leg armour on the Falconer figure.

P2's knee pads didn't have straps.

:lecture

(Back view of P2's legs)
618_56.jpg

They were just glued onto the creature suit? Seems a bit wierd. If the Predator were real surely it wouldn't have armour glued onto itself.

FYI: ALL of the Predators in the second movie that have the same lower leg armor as P2 have strapless knee armor as well.

I never noticed the strapless knee pads.

Predator2_02.jpg

Strapless. :wave

Strapless or not, they certainly didn't bulge out like that

Well yeah, because the actual piece on the suit was a thin piece of Styrofoam, form fitted to KPH's knees. :lol

nor did his lower legs look so skinny.

They look fine in this pic:

574447_10150649819022344_58690437343_9476256_359767277_n.jpg

They were just the same. Only guardian managed to get the repaint disc. The combi staff was the same again
on mine they were all repainted each time (spear&disc).
red for p2, yellow for lost, dark for guardian.
If the Predator were real surely it wouldn't have armour glued onto itself.
and yet both movie p1 and p2 had armor mounted directly into their bodies. for example guess how their hip armor moved together with hips. or pay attention to left shoulder of p1 / right shoulder p2. or at least guess how their gauntlets didn't turn around or masks didn't come off from a hit (like in a stupid rodrigators movie).
all that was done multiply and i prefer to add "on purpose". not for "real predator" purpose (like "wow it is so cosy to have a toilet mounted directly to butts"), but for unhuman brains image :)

The shins and shin armor are identical sculpts to Shadow's. Dizzyarse actually felt they looked too chunky so he shaved the shins down and made his own guards for his Shadow-to-P2 custom.

Happens all the time, the first non-spec pics by this particular site are always over-exposed and always unappealing. It happened with Falconer and we all thought he was bright green (when he wasn't). It happened with Classic and we all thought his body was too pale. It even happened with Fatburn on multiple occasions and we all thought the colors on him were too bright and toyish -- until normally-lit pictures said otherwise.

The differences are pretty subtle, but they're there.

and yet both movie p1 and p2 had armor mounted directly into their bodies. for example guess how their hip armor moved together with hips.
My lost had the same as p2 with disc and spear :-/ But it was 2nd hand i wonder if he bashed them. I thought the guardian spear was the same though for the spear

Im gonna have to place this guy and Shadow on opposire sides of the display since they have the same armor and almost the same coloring, a few more changes wouldve been nice.
As far as the actual movie Preds having the leg armor glued on...well maybe we should just assume they attach like the mask does with that whole air-suction thingy.

Back