Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't say...
Thanks for helping out.

the mandibles area is the most evident piece of the sculpt where you can see the diferences.

edit:
Notice the diferent shape of the mandibles comparing it vs the movie stills, also the area between the eyes and above the mouth.

I just post this on HT Facebook, haha.
The comparison of the City Hunter from movie, HT new P2 and HT old P2.

P2head2copy.jpg

Last edited:
the mandibles area is the most evident piece of the sculpt where you can see the diferences.

edit:
Notice the diferent shape of the mandibles comparing it vs the movie stills, also the area between the eyes and above the mouth.

Ah, thanks. That's what I thought. The new sculpt doesn't have enough of the lower jaw bone showing. Also, it seems that the mouth side membranes are not as 'caved in' on PT - They over-bent them on the new sculpt.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Also, I think they open wrong. Sideways on the sculpt, instead of more down on P2...

Ah, thanks. That's what I thought. The new sculpt doesn't have enough of the lower jaw bone showing. Also, it seems that the mouth side membranes are not as 'caved in' on PT - They over-bent them on the new sculpt.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Also, I think they open wrong. Sideways on the sculpt, instead of more down on P2...

now you can see that what Ht is trying to sell is not the city hunter face.

Wow from that picture they nailed the old p2 sculpt.Thats sad that they would change , if its not broken why fix it?Love the new body though , the old one is alittle to skinny

Basically the mandibles open and close a very particular way on the P2 and the new sculpt doesn't pay attention to that, Tsang just sorta makes it up and does it his own way. It still looks cool, just not P2 like the old sculpt. And this is what Greygoose is referring to when he mentions a disregard for the individuality of each Predator.

Getting a trophy with almost every Pred is cool, but yet another human skull w/ spine? I know he ripped that one off on screen, but still...

Pretty sick of that particular one myself. If they'd at least put a lower jaw on it to make it different but its just the same damn one. They changed it slightly with the Berserker by adding more gore on it and this will presumably be the same as that one. I'd rather have the cleaned skull and spine from the trophy wall if anything though.

Pretty sick of that particular one myself. If they'd at least put a lower jaw on it to make it different but its just the same damn one. They changed it slightly with the Berserker by adding more gore on it and this will presumably be the same as that one. I'd rather have the cleaned skull and spine from the trophy wall if anything though.

True. Would have been nice to have a bit of veriety.
We ( hubbs and I ) just got into predators last year, and have about 5 so far. We are moving into a new place soon, and planning on setting up a collection room. Would have been nice to make a trophy wall backdrop for all the preds, but all these red things will just make it look silly...

True. Would have been nice to have a bit of veriety.
We ( hubbs and I ) just got into predators last year, and have about 5 so far. We are moving into a new place soon, and planning on setting up a collection room. Would have been nice to make a trophy wall backdrop for all the preds, but all these red things will just make it look silly...

maybe ht will make a trophy wall backdrop with all the skulls, if they can make 1/6 batmobles, they could at least do this for us pred fans.

Disappointed with this piece I have to say. Paint job is great, accessories all present, but that sculpt is a let down. Lacks the 'crab' feel of the design.

Last edited:
When we have our kickass giant Predator trio, however slightly inaccurate they may be (we'll deal with it), we'll be sure to check in on you and the empty shelf you cleared out in vain.

The guy's terrible at Aliens, not at Predators. Granted he isn't perfect either, but he's been getting better and if you can't see at least a glimmer (if not more) of P1 in his newest figure, that's on you. Open-mouthed head says it all.
With December's announcement, it's clear he's fallen in love with sculpting these characters and he can only improve with time. It's not like he doesn't care.
in memory of Blade's hopes.

Oh yeah, looks awesome!:clap

If Hot Toys wanted to save time and money they should have just used the old head and given it a new paint job.

Yeah, but you just know people out there will criticize them for re-use. Hell, it's happening anyway and they actually did put out new sculpts for 90% of the figure! :lol

in memory of Blade's hopes.

I'm actually pretty happy with how the figure looks. As always, it can use improvement, but it's good enough for me. I can see P2 in it, just as I could see P1 in Classic. :dunno

Yeah, but you just know people out there will criticize them for re-use. Hell, it's happening anyway and they actually did put out new sculpts for 90% of the figure! :lol
The only thing they reused on this figure that really annoys me is the head sculpt. It looks like a Shadow/Classic base with some added details unique to P2 (although still inaccurate).

I reeeaaally wish they would have just repainted the old head sculpt at this point.

:exactly:

It would be like giving Wolf a full set of undamaged mandibles. The mandibles are the biggest thing (IMO) that defines the Predators indiviual appearance.

:exactly: So true like take Scar for an example, in the movie his madibles look like the elders but when it comes to Hot Toys making the figure the mandibles they are way to closed (which really annoys me cause I like Scar's face from the movie).

Back