Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen the film in years.

So purists it's your time to shine....

1. Where does his detatchable medikit attatch?

2. What's that bone-looking thing on his waist

3. What's that thing on his left shin armour?

1. on his back

2. ask Stan Winston studios

3. net launcher

4. watch the movie

1. on his back

2. ask Stan Winston studios

3. net launcher

4. watch the movie

5. start complaining that it's been delayed and taking away from other licenses'

Fixed :lol

Glad to see they got that armor piece on his right shoulder raised up properly this time. Hopefully the paint apps hold up and it looks as good as the proto, unlike the previous one with the sprayed on bronze tan from some generic spa.

Relevant:

"The director wanted this Predator to be more colorful, with flashier, more intricate weapons. The design of the Predator's head was also altered a bit to make it look like it was a different individual - the same species, but a different character. It was steeper and a little shallower. We didn't just want to pull out the old mold from the first movie and paint it differently, because we thought audiences would detect that."
-Shane Mahan, The Winston Effect

:monkey3

This P2 keeps popping up on the SS website banner at the top with a pre-order button...............that doesn't work. *sigh*

Pred teasers!

Disappointing

First off, either they got a new photographer or the one they normally have was having an off day, because normally their "official photos" are much better than these.

With the helmet on this guy looks great. But the face is all kinds of wrong. So often monster sculpts get a free pass because we're not as privy to the subtleties of non-human faces, but if this were a human sculpt it'd be as off as a Brad Pitt sculpt that looks like George Clooney. When I look at this face I think, "who is that supposed to be?". As someone else pointed out, the "nose" area is way too long, and I think the inner teeth and eyes seem off as well. And as has been mentioned, the mandibles are completely out of character.

Recycling parts is annoying, but recycling the same mistakes they made with the original release is downright frustrating. The way the blades extend is still wrong (their retracted position should be their extended position, with the real retracted position being all the way inside the box), the canon is still way too small and I can't believe they still fastened it to the body with that stupid pole they copied from the McFarlane Predator 2 figure so long ago.

Also disappointing is the lack of accessories; I really thought they could have gone above and beyond for this figure, especially with it being a remake. Instead, it's just the same stuff the original came with, most of it literally the same stuff.

On the plus side the paint application and body/armor looks really good. If the price isn't outrageously north of $200 I'll likely take a wait and see with this one, in hopes that the final release sees some major improvements. That's really disappointing considering this was my most-anticipated new figure of the year.

Last edited:
Anyone has any idea why the sculptor is no longer Pan Mak (if I'm not wrong he's the P1, Elder and P2 sculptor)? I wonder if Joseph Tsang does them inacurate on purpose as his interpretation or simply it's the best he can do. I got really excited when I saw the pics, but post after post I lost a bit that excitement as now the inaccuracies are too evident. But I think still it looks amazing and I want it, but the first P2, although with inferior paint, is more accurate in the head and mask.

Looks pretty good imo. I'm just not sure why they decided to make the crusted barnacle looking mask. Weird. Hope that changes.

Also I'm not loving the "half" closed mouth. Really like the look of the closed mouth in the movie and this just does nothing to capture that. Same rehash head as classic and shadow is laziness on their part. Now everyone's preds will look identical.

Don't know if I'll get this. Trying to cut down on HT and the inaccuracies will make it easier to pass. Nothing on this screams must have.

If I have gripes they are 3:

Mask overtextured
closed mandibles-look is off
that same damn skull accessory that I have about 7 times over (at least stick a lower jaw on it!)

Other than those, awesome.

I like it. It may not be perfect, but from what I can tell, it's a cool looking figure of the Predator 2 character. I'm not as nit picky as some, so I have no problem with it. I'm not as excited about this as I would be for something brand new, but I'm happy for those that missed out the first time.

Last edited:
another rehash...another large group of unhappy customers who bought the original (not me). So hot toys is basically screwing their original fans to make $. For shame, especially when there are so many licenses and characters they could be making

We didn't just want to pull out the old mold from the first movie and paint it differently, because we thought audiences would detect that."
-Shane Mahan, The Winston Effect

Seems Hot toys don't have the same concerns for their audience

If I have gripes they are 3:

Mask overtextured
closed mandibles-look is off
that same damn skull accessory that I have about 7 times over (at least stick a lower jaw on it!)

Other than those, awesome.

:exactly: :goodpost: those are my only concerns

Another predator but no metal gear solid. :gah:

Yep, also another Terminator and another captain america and so on, best to to hope for new characters from HT anymore :(

another rehash...another large group of unhappy customers who bought the original (not me). So hot toys is basically screwing their original fans to make $. For shame, especially when there are so many licenses and characters they could be making

Seems that's their policy these days

Last edited:
IMG_1scsdsd.jpg

Wow the new paint job blows the original away. I'll be getting this one since I missed the first, and I'm glad I did.

Back