Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, either they got a new photographer or the one they normally have was having an off day, because normally their "official photos" are much better than these.

With the helmet on this guy looks great. But the face is all kinds of wrong. So often monster sculpts get a free pass because we're not as privy to the subtleties of non-human faces, but if this were a human sculpt it'd be as off as a Brad Pitt sculpt that looks like George Clooney. When I look at this face I think, "who is that supposed to be?". As someone else pointed out, the "nose" area is way too long, and I think the inner teeth and eyes seem off as well. And as has been mentioned, the mandibles are completely out of character.

Recycling parts is annoying, but recycling the same mistakes they made with the original release is downright frustrating. The way the blades extend is still wrong (their retracted position should be their extended position, with the real retracted position being all the way inside the box), the canon is still way too small and I can't believe they still fastened it to the body with that stupid pole they copied from the McFarlane Predator 2 figure so long ago.

Also disappointing is the lack of accessories; I really thought they could have gone above and beyond for this figure, especially with it being a remake. Instead, it's just the same stuff the original came with, most of it literally the same stuff.

On the plus side the paint application and body/armor looks really good. If the price isn't outrageously north of $200 I'll likely take a wait and see with this one, in hopes that the final release sees some major improvements. That's really disappointing considering this was my most-anticipated new figure of the year.
oscarrr.gif

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: Disappointing

Recycling parts is annoying, but recycling the same mistakes they made with the original release is downright frustrating. The way the blades extend is still wrong (their retracted position should be their extended position, with the real retracted position being all the way inside the box), the canon is still way too small and I can't believe they still fastened it to the body with that stupid pole they copied from the McFarlane Predator 2 figure so long ago.

Also disappointing is the lack of accessories; I really thought they could have gone above and beyond for this figure, especially with it being a remake. Instead, it's just the same stuff the original came with, most of it literally the same stuff.

On the plus side the paint application and body/armor looks really good. If the price isn't outrageously north of $200 I'll likely take a wait and see with this one, in hopes that the final release sees some major improvements. That's really disappointing considering this was my most-anticipated new figure of the year.

:exactly: :goodpost:

With their QC problems of late i foresee the plasma cannon arriving with the pole snapped.

May be a rehash, but I don't own the first one...

So this is bought immediately, unless the price of the OG becomes comparable. Even still the paint job, and textures look way better on this.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm happy they dropped the preview of this today, it was very unexpected, but damn....where is Avengers Cap already? They're holdin' out playin' with us.

On further inspection...I am getting kinda tired with every Pred since Snake (Shadow) having the same head sculpt slightly retooled.

Last edited:
Well, this is good for me. I never had a chance to get the first version of this guy. It's nice to see another chance at this bad ass looking predator.

I'll cancel my pre-order if they can't fix those issues...

Why would they?
They already released Snake and Classic with this mug even tho it looks nothing like mug from any Winston's Predator.
No point for them :dunno

- Over 22 points of articulations
- Newly developed head
- Rubber hair

anyone buy that?

Well seeing how the head design of the P2 differs from any other Pred, yeah.

Yes, they used the base design of what they've already used on the Classic and Shadow, but it had to be re-sculpted.

Back