Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the new Predator 2, i definitely will buy it!

But there got some inaccurate problems compared to the original movie.

-The mask surface is too textured and rough, it should be smoother.

-The mouth and mandibles, it looks odd and not accurate with the original movie.

P2.jpg

Exactly.

1638341x819xklg3l3rwl9.jpg

:dunno

Do you collect for fun, or just to say "hey this one is worth...." Keep the reissues coming..they keep on getting better!
I agree. Its like an ego thing. And half the time the whine is because they've had to buy their figure on the 2nd hand market because they missed it first time originally anyway. If they had of waited for a new figure they would of been ohhh yeyyy! And even now, if they are on here enough to whinge about it then they are clearly informed enough to realize that they have an advantage over the unsuspecting ebayer who does not know of new release coming yet. So they can "get their value" by ebaying it and then buying the new one and having a better product and profit. I've got the original scar predator, ive spent hours modding it and ive bought extra's for it. All of which will not make any difference once the new Scar Figure comes out. But i dont mind, ive had the privileged of owning Scar all this time.

This is going to sound like Im nitpicking but werent the P2s eyes brown in the movie? I know for certain they werent bright green.

Either way this P2 will be joining his "clan" on my shelf soon enough.

Looks good but kinda feels like a rehashed Classic with a modified head. And honestly the Taylerdurdem P2 bio is still miles ahead of this one. Need a little more bronze in it instead of all that rust. Hope the final product is better.

Nice job on the new Predator 2, i definitely will buy it!

But there got some inaccurate problems compared to the original movie.

-The mask surface is too textured and rough, it should be smoother.

-The mouth and mandibles, it looks odd and not accurate with the original movie.

P2.jpg

Given what you just showed me, I find that the original HT P2 release had a more accurate mandible and still sticking with that fact that the TD P2 bio is still way more movie accurate. Maybe I can do a hybrids mod using the old P2 head and install the shorter dreads onto it and putting it onto the new body?

Here's some pics of the TD P2 bio
TDP2b.jpg
TDP2a.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cats this figure looks absolutely phenomenal !! I also have the original p2 battle damaged and it's one of my favorite out of my collection. I'm sorry guys But this blows the original away. I love the shorter hair and the head sculpt is gorgeous . Paint exxxx. I better start saving . Definitely getting 2 of these . One for the shelf and one stays in the box ! Awesome news for predator fans!!!

Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

That's my gut feeling at the mo. They use that same headsculpt on every Predator now.:mad:

Damn. I wanted to be wrong. I really really did. I was worried they were going to reuse the classic/shadow head. They added to it but it is still the same head. I do like the figure though.

Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

Damn. I wanted to be wrong. I really really did. I was worried they were going to reuse the classic/shadow head. They added to it but it is still the same head. I do like the figure though.

Kinda saw it too. Lame...

Classic's body +
Shadow's head +
old stupid medkit +
old stupid shoulder "fake cannon" +
old stupid netgun +
old stupid skull +
no Willie's head +
no awesome base
=
hideous "reissue".

No one need these severed extra arm and gasmask with a non-battle-damaged figure.

Thk GOD I have extra head from the previous BDP2.

Some quick thoughts:

1. The masked head was bothering me but maybe that's because it's slightly oversized. I'd rather it be oversized than small like the Super Preds heads though.

2. The mask deffo needs to be smoothed out during production. It's too textured. Hopefully they fix the mask later on like they did when they changed Classics mask and Berserkers mandibles.

3. In regards to the unmasked head everything from the top mandibles up looks great. The lower mandibles really lets the figure down. In the film P2 had cool closed mandibles.

4. Those standard Hot Toys bases must be thrown away. For the price we are paying for figures these days, which in themselves are a work of art as such, they need to be displayed and presented on a much better looking base.

WTF? No movie specific accessory? This whole thing appears to be rushed. The trophy skull is rehashed from the berserker,right? I want the damn T-rex alien skull to complete my skulls collection. I was kinda excited for this,but now...meh.

Holy cats this figure looks absolutely phenomenal !! I also have the original p2 battle damaged and it's one of my favorite out of my collection. I'm sorry guys But this blows the original away. I love the shorter hair and the head sculpt is gorgeous . Paint exxxx. I better start saving . Definitely getting 2 of these . One for the shelf and one stays in the box ! Awesome news for predator fans!!!

No offense but you sound like you are on HT's payroll to me...:monkey3

Back