Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not had time to go through this thread cos of starting me job!
Can someone sum up the cons of this?
I dont own the original but am on the fence about it seeing as we will see this in 1/4 scale.

To me, the whole figure is exellent. The only thing that I would like them to do smoothen out the mask and armor a bit. And for those that never bought the furst one and wanted one but did not want to pay $500+ for one, you can now get the best looking one at more than half the price.

I never cared enough for P2 to get it after being sold out. Especially at how crappy it looks compared tk the new releases. But this looks great and it is a must buy for any Pred fan.

Just be ready to keep reading pages and pages of how 'innacurate it is' because the mandible and nose is too long or how the dreads should be 3.125" instead of 3.124", making it innacurte as well, making the first relase better than this one.

I do agree with the mandibles but it is true that for those that do not want to spend a lot for the original then this is the way to go.
Also we might get this same head for the 1/4 version.

I just ordered this S.O.B

I didn't even know what Hot toys was when elder and the original p2 came out so this is a renewed opportunity for me.

Getting broke!

I wouLd have bought it if it was more acurate, but we all know HT can't do predators, so it had to be expected... The mandibles don't look like they belong on any P2 I'm familiar with.

Just be ready to keep reading pages and pages of how 'innacurate it is' because the mandible and nose is too long or how the dreads should be 3.125" instead of 3.124", making it innacurte as well, making the first relase better than this one.
Anyone who claims the first release was in anyway superior is out of their mind. There's no denying that everything about this new release is vastly superior. But that doesn't change the fact that the face looks like a completely different predator than the one it's supposed to be. People wouldn't buy a $200 Terminator figure that looked like Arnold's brother, Larry Schwarzenegger. If Hot Toys would redo the lower half of the face, instead of being lazy and recycling it from Classic/Shadow, this figure would be ace.

Anyone who claims the first release was in anyway superior is out of their mind. There's no denying that everything about this new release is vastly superior. But that doesn't change the fact that the face looks like a completely different predator than the one it's supposed to be. People wouldn't buy a $200 Terminator figure that looked like Arnold's brother, Larry Schwarzenegger. If Hot Toys would redo the lower half of the face, instead of being lazy and recycling it from Classic/Shadow, this figure would be ace.

I guess since I keep my preds masked, i don't really care for how the face looks. But even like that, it is not that bad.

But ine thing we have to undrstand, the more people keep nipicking, the less enjoyable this hobby will be. We will never get a 100% accurate figure. Never. No matter who sculpts it.

The head sculpt of this figure is wrong, the mouth shape and mandibles are totally wrong. The Predator 2 got different mouth shape and mandibles from classic predator.

And the dreadlocks are too short...

Please do correction, please....hot toys.
I would be very happy if hot toys do the correction because the Predator 2 is one of my favorite predator.

Dreads are fine. The ones in the movie were short. Only the eyebrows are off on the headcrest, not the whole shape. And the closed mandibles are reused while the opened mandibles are really accurate. Seriously, there are more pros than cons here. Can't we all agree that this thing looks _______ incredible?

instead of complaining on here, people need to complain on facebook, where hot toys will actually hear you.

The head sculpt of this figure is wrong, the mouth shape and mandibles are totally wrong. The Predator 2 got different mouth shape and mandibles from classic predator.

And the dreadlocks are too short...

Please do correction, please....hot toys.
I would be very happy if hot toys do the correction because the Predator 2 is one of my favorite predator.

He looks great to me. Stop nick picking.

instead of complaining on here, people need to complain on facebook, where hot toys will actually hear you.

:exactly:

I do agree with the mandibles but it is true that for those that do not want to spend a lot for the original then this is the way to go.
Also we might get this same head for the 1/4 version.
You will love this figure..it'll probably be the highest quality Predator HT has made. The face just looks wrong, as usual. Pretty, but wrong.

Dreads are fine. The ones in the movie were short. Only the eyebrows are off on the headcrest, not the whole shape. And the closed mandibles are reused while the opened mandibles are really accurate. Seriously, there are more pros than cons here. Can't we all agree that this thing looks _______ incredible?
The dreads are a little bit shorter than they should be, and it looks like he's missing a bunch.

The eyebrow part of the crest is the most noticeable inaccuracy of that area, but the entire crest IS shaped a bit differently. Not really a big deal to me, but it IS inaccurate.

The dreads are a little bit shorter than they should be, and it looks like he's missing a bunch.

The eyebrow part of the crest is the most noticeable inaccuracy of that area, but the entire crest IS shaped a bit differently. Not really a big deal to me, but it IS inaccurate.

Well yeah, but I dunno, those dreads look much more movie accurate than the original, which had far too long dreads. And he isn't missing a bunch, their just bunched up on one part of the armour as usual. They always are.

Yeah the head shape is a little bit inaccurate but could one really measure and point out all of the little proportion issues? The eyebrows are really the only ones worth complaining over.

Oh, and preordered. :yess:

Aside from all the normal complaining people do about HT's figures, this is the best predator released to date IMO. Its a beauty and I am on the fence about ordering it, since I got rid of all my hot toys collectibles a few months ago. I really have no issues with it and the people who think the original is better than this one are totally out of their freakin minds. The paint apps on this one are pretty incredible ( for the proto that is ).

While I do agree with most that the face is off in certain places...it really is not that big of an issue to me. Nothing will ever be 100% accurate, unless it was a shrunk down version of the actual costume itself. I for one absolutely love this figure and will have a hard time not ordering it in the coming weeks. I got to spend my rewards points on something. Speaking of the price point, I think for the free domestic shipping its a pretty good deal. Maybe 20-30$ cheaper and I think for most it would be an instant buy.

Also, where is our sideshow exclusive maybe? Kinda sad we did not see one.

Back