Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Freedom I think you are absolutely right. I too find myself wanting to customize figures even with the crazy amount of detail. I haven't watched Predator 2 in a long time so at the moment looking at this guy he looks awesome and I don't know what people are referring to with the headsculpt and the bio mask. But once they point it out, it will be obvious to me. I've had that happen before, I think the figure is awesome, then someone points out something that's off in the design and then it's all I think about LOL. I think most of us collectors are OCD LOL.

Where's P? ... P!!?!

Where's P? ... P!!?!
look, vinlwj even changed the purse belt with a much better & proper one, but i doubt more than 3 people even noticed it. so there is no reason to talk about details - no one cares :lol

Last edited:
look, vinlwj even changed the purse belt with a much better & proper one, but i doubt more than 3 people even noticed it. so there is no reason to talk about details - no one cares :lol

Everyone that truly loves the films, care. That said, the only fundamentally required mod to this one is TD's mask, which, in my opinion, is an absolute must.

Everyone that truly loves the films, care. That said, the only fundamentally required mod to this one is TD's mask, which, in my opinion, is an absolute must.
nope.
the second fundamental thing is getting rid of that dwarf roach on his shoulder, copied from mcfarlane P2 (and having almost exactly same size), and replacing it with TD shoulder cannon.
third fundamental thing is giving him a white toad throat instead of something terrible, brown and painted by a two years old kid.
fourth fundamental thing is turning his giraffe neck into a predator neck, which should be almost missing due to difference between human actor and predator suit physics (chest is a lot higher + chin is a lot lower = no visible neck, chin rests on the chest).
and fifth thing just to finally make the silhouette better is cutting both hips armor off and attaching it directly to hips, so that it looks like armor - especially while posing the predator - and not like a japanese schoolgirl skirt.
after that you can say it's a P2 if it stays on your detolf and you look from not closer than one meter :)

nope.
the second fundamental thing is getting rid of that dwarf roach on his shoulder, copied from mcfarlane P2 (and having almost exactly same size), and replacing it with TD shoulder cannon.
third fundamental thing is giving him a white toad throat instead of something terrible, brown and painted by a two years old kid.
fourth fundamental thing is turning his giraffe neck into a predator neck, which should be almost missing due to difference between human actor and predator suit physics (chest is a lot higher + chin is a lot lower = no visible neck, chin rests on the chest).
and fifth thing just to finally make the silhouette better is cutting both hips armor off and attaching it directly to hips, so that it looks like armor - especially while posing the predator - and not like a japanese schoolgirl skirt.
after that you can say it's a P2 if it stays on your detolf and you look from not closer than one meter :)

Oh dang...Now you've made me want to throw mine out the window now....:(... :lol

thank you for mentioning my work friends!!!i have that make a new batch of masks??

Looking forward to getting a mask and cannon from you man! :bow :rock

nope.

That's the P I was looking for.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Heck, I ven ordered TD's shoulder cannon myself. But, Tayler's mask is still the only absolute must modification, for me. The other flaws I can live with, be it on this or any other HT predator. But without TD's mask this is not City Hunter.

Also, what's up TD. Good to have you back, hope you're doing well.

so you provoked me on purpose :)
6ADLV4r.gif

I've spent the last hour or so just looking at this ugly motherfather. It's a beauty.
IMG_20160211_014430.jpg

Due to it being not very accurate do people think its still worth buying for full price?

With TD's mask, it's one of the more accurate ones. So, yes. 100%. However I prefer my predators masked, so there's also that. Bought mine for 220 Canadian bucks, shipping included, factory sealed. Well worth it. But again, get TD's mask. Or a version 1.0 head to go with this one's body, if you're into unprotected preds.

Back