Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All terminators look the same though. :dunno :lol

unimpressedT-800.jpg

I noticed a similar lack of pics of the DX11 Joker. Its strange because I could swear once DX10 came out the pics were pretty non-stop.
There's two new videos on YouTube. One's a ten-minute review of the figure; no offense to the guy who made it, but the entire video is out of focus and you can't hear a word he's saying :monkey4

No new photos though in any of the usual places.

Edit: found a couple.

Separated at birth?

149302_10152484079285788_2003209983_n.jpg

Couple more from the same poster:

539254_10152484084670788_528470369_n.jpg

292715_10152484073665788_1915890024_n.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget then/than. I think I see that flaw used more than any of the others listed.

I'd also add your/you're. People are so damn stupid.

Stupid like this guy:

way to prove my point. You really are a miserable boardy and never have anything constructive to bring to the thread.

Seeing all of these figures together really drives home the fact that they need to start changing up the bodies and head sculpts a bit more.

[ame="https://youtu.be/fGf51LFrAb8"]https://youtu.be/fGf51LFrAb8[/ame]

If you watch this video you can clearly see the left elbow peg is not fully inserted. I wonder if this is the same thing going on in all of the pics we have seen, and if it just needs to be forced in harder or maybe shaved down a bit.

[ame="https://youtu.be/Sx3rYm3Sc2U"]https://youtu.be/Sx3rYm3Sc2U[/ame]

I also saw this video of a custom "war" predator. Not sure how I feel about it. I think it's too aesthetically busy for my tastes.

Last edited:
That broke my heart when I first saw it after having seen their initial prototype shots that did have the likeness.

Remember how that looked, though?

mcfarlane-t800-a3.jpg

mcfarlane-t800-a1.jpg

Of course back then I would've accepted that.

Seeing all of these figures together really drives home the fact that they need to start changing up the bodies and head sculpts a bit more.

They'll want to get as much mileage as they can out of the custom made body and don't blame them for that but yeah, a completely from scratch head sculpt would go a long way.

Last edited:
There's two new videos on YouTube. One's a ten-minute review of the figure; no offense to the guy who made it, but the entire video is out of focus and you can't hear a word he's saying :monkey4

No new photos though in any of the usual places.

Edit: found a couple.

Separated at birth?
Damn, they look like clones. The paint really is the only significant difference. Despite the inaccuracies and rehashed parts, the new P2 is a really nice figure from everything we've seen. I'd say it's definitely a step above Snake and Classic regarding quality.

way to prove my point. You really are a miserable boardy and never have anything constructive to bring to the thread.
For someone who's calling me miserable, you sure do whine a lot.

The only posts I've made in this thread have been constructive. If only Hot Toys could take that constructive criticism and make slightly accurate predator figures with it. Tis quite a shame.

Damn, they look like clones. The paint really is the only significant difference. Despite the inaccuracies and rehashed parts, the new P2 is a really nice figure from everything we've seen. I'd say it's definitely a step above Snake and Classic regarding quality.

For someone who's calling me miserable, you sure do whine a lot.

The only posts I've made in this thread have been constructive. If only Hot Toys could take that constructive criticism and make slightly accurate predator figures with it. Tis quite a shame.

learn to count genius it was only two short posts. I know that no one on here cares to read any more posts about you arguing it out with another boardy. So I'm ending this now. Just leave me alone and I'll do you the same.

If you watch this video you can clearly see the left elbow peg is not fully inserted. I wonder if this is the same thing going on in all of the pics we have seen, and if it just needs to be forced in harder or maybe shaved down a bit.
I believe that's the case. The stump seems to peg in all the way:

CityHunterPredHD55_zps4195c5b6.jpg

Despite the inaccuracies and rehashed parts, the new P2 is a really nice figure from everything we've seen. I'd say it's definitely a step above Snake and Classic regarding quality.
Yes. He's leaps and bounds better than Shadow, and he definitely holds his own against Classic.

That broke my heart when I first saw it after having seen their initial prototype shots that did have the likeness.

I also remember that and was also VERY disappointed. But McFarlane had some licensing issues which screwed up what would have been a great figure. :(

Wow, they really do look similar. Shadow looks just like City Hunter, just less armour and what not. City and Classic look good together. Can;t wait for mine now ^.^

Sorry, I didn't see how to quote just one pic =/

Wow, they really do look similar. Shadow looks just like City Hunter, just less armour and what not. City and Classic look good together. Can;t wait for mine now ^.^

Sorry, I didn't see how to quote just one pic =/

It's kind of disappointing to see how similar the heads are on these guys. Luckily they come with bio's so you can get some variation.

Damn I told myself not to buy this figure...damn damn damn.
I'm so gonna cave

I was trying to avoid this one too but I don’t think that’s going to happen. He looks to awesome stood next to classic to pass up.

With the improvements to the bio he looks great. darnit all to poo! I think I'm gonna have to "buy all hot toys predators!" ha ha

I think the only faults this figure has is that it should have had a LED wrist console,more accurate mandibles and some type of diorama style base.

I was curious to know if this figure has the flip out arm mounted rocket thingy he shoots into Harrigan's body armour in P2?, i know my old P2 had it.

can't decide.. for anyone who has the city hunter and the classic which one would you describe as superior? I will evemtually have both but dayum.
:panic::gah:

Back