Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A week ago, I only have mark 7, hulk and loki on P.O., i figured, i already have the original versions of Thor and Cap, and i only need the fab 4 from the avengers and loki, cos i'm gay for the loki.

And then i went ahead and impulse buy Nick Fury and, oh boy, i was reminded why i collect these silly dolls (the glee of unboxing, the new toy aroma and the hours of quiet stillness from staring at a plastic artwork) .

Now, i have everyone on P.O. and got on the waitlist for HE and BW. As soon as they announce Coulson and the Chitauri, I'll get those as well. 100%.

So yeah, Hot Toys Nick Fury is tremendous.

Dolls? :slap

No, not dolls.... Action figures. "Act-ion Fig-ures." Girls collect dolls, boys collect "action figures." My mommy used to call my figures dollies while growing up which just isn't masculine. :lol

Glad i skipped this figure, it looks decidedly plain.

Where you see plain, I see, subtle. On a shelf full of bonkers, clown suited, hyper muscled, super heroes, Genetic freaks & gods.... Fury is a grounding "human" figure.

I like him.

And besides, it's Sam-U-fricken-El-Jackson! :yess:

I wrote them about 9 days ago and got a lengthy, polite email in return apologizing for how long it's taking, but he also said it would be another 10-14 days. I'm stuck with 'em since I'm not about to pay a cancellation fee for something they never had in stock.
So, I wait, with decreasing patience and increasing anxiety.
My own fault for ordering with them instead of getting on Sideshow's waitlist. Lesson learnt.

Anyone have any updates from Corner Store Comics as to when this will be in stock????

Where you see plain, I see, subtle. On a shelf full of bonkers, clown suited, hyper muscled, super heroes, Genetic freaks & gods.... Fury is a grounding "human" figure.

I like him.

And besides, it's Sam-U-fricken-El-Jackson! :yess:

:exactly: He looks great in-between my TFA Cap and MK VI.

The fact it was the one and only Mr Bad@$$ Jackson made my decision to pick him up a lot easier.

Wow. So, so true. Perfect description. :hi5:

Fact is, this hobby is better than drugs. Buy once, snort forever.

Well, Black Widow is available again, so I guess that waitlist converted for you! :woo

I did not order from SS. I hope that will also be the case with my local Hot Toys distributor. BW is epic in the movie and the figure will be flaming.

Dolls? :slap

No, not dolls.... Action figures. "Act-ion Fig-ures." Girls collect dolls, boys collect "action figures." My mommy used to call my figures dollies while growing up which just isn't masculine. :lol

I apologize. They are indeed 'action figures'. I used to call them 'muscle toys' to further stress my man-ness. But then i went and bought Amber and Babydoll and spent a good amount of time groomi... i meant futzing her hair and skirt and found that it is an enriching experience. So 'dolls' they will remain, but only until i get The Samurai Predator. :wink1:

Glad i skipped this figure, it looks decidedly plain.

I would have agreed with you if i didn't saw it displayed in a store last week. Some Hot Toys figure just cant sell themselves through pics and videos and this is definitely one of them but once in my hand, i was smiling. But then what do i know? I thought sideshow boba fett was impressive too.

Is CSC normally this slow? I've already recieved my Nick from BCI, but I ordered Hawkeye from CSC. This is making me regret not picking up Hawkeye from BCI as well, and I don't want to pay a cancellation fee... :gah:

I've ordered from CSC for the last three years and have never had any trouble. If it wasn't for that I'd be more worried about it. However, I will admit that this is taking exceptionally long this time. I talked to them about three weeks ago and they said about two weeks. I noticed on their web site it said early September. Earlier in the week they told people it would arrive in about a week. I fully expect to see a shipping notice any day now. I've been very happy with their customer service in the past so I can't imagine it is there fault. There may have been a third batch coming from Hong Kong and that's the batch they are getting.

Fact is, this hobby is better than drugs. Buy once, snort forever.

I apologize. They are indeed 'action figures'. I used to call them 'muscle toys' to further stress my man-ness. But then i went and bought Amber and Babydoll and spent a good amount of time groomi... i meant futzing her hair and skirt and found that it is an enriching experience. So 'dolls' they will remain, but only until i get The Samurai Predator. :wink1:

I agree this hobby is like drugs. They costs a fortune for a simple high that only lasts for so long until you need another. :exactly:

I didn't think about the female figures. That really throws a wrench in my argument. So again...... :pfft:

I agree this hobby is like drugs. They costs a fortune for a simple high that only lasts for so long until you need another. :exactly:

I didn't think about the female figures. That really throws a wrench in my argument. So again...... :pfft:

:hi5:

Opened up the Figure today. Wow do I love that briefcase! The figure is awesome as well.

I'm glad I got it

Exactly! But i have to be careful taking the tesseract out. The corners scratch easily. Not quite the cosmic cube of legends.

Exactly! But i have to be careful taking the tesseract out. The corners scratch easily. Not quite the cosmic cube of legends.

Not sure if it's everybody's Tesseract that has this, but mine seems to have slightly different sized edges. When I put it in the briefcase it might be very loose, actually falling out should I hold it upside down. When I turn the Tesseract it might fit very tightly, to the point where I fear scratches should I push it down. One side actually fits very well, not too loose, so it won't fall out, but it won't scratch either.

So try the different sides for the best fit, I'd say.

Got converted from wait list last night at SS. Was pleasantly surprised for sure. Free shipping too! :yess: This happen to anyone else recently?

Back