Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has this been shipped by Sideshow?

The hold up for AE, Cornerstore and many others is because Sideshow isn't shipping out theirs till their orders are covered. Kind of a screw you to the retailers. I assume to promote Sideshow's sales seeings as the retailers are under cutting their prices.

I see no problem with this though. If you want it cheap you wait, that's the same for anything.

SS have to make it at least appealing to buy from them. Especially with no EX. You can't have the best of both worlds.

I see no problem with this though. If you want it cheap you wait, that's the same for anything.

SS have to make it at least appealing to buy from them. Especially with no EX. You can't have the best of both worlds.

All is fair I guess. I'm supporting my boys* at AlterEgo. Besides I can wait. I'm in this hobby for what I want, not flavor of the month.

* Term boys is used because I have only talked to guys there. Mainly Josh who answers all my question quickly and works with my pre orders. :rock

So has this been shipped by Sideshow?

The hold up for AE, Cornerstore and many others is because Sideshow isn't shipping out theirs till their orders are covered. Kind of a screw you to the retailers. I assume to promote Sideshow's sales seeings as the retailers are under cutting their prices.

I'm in some kind of limbo stage, then. I've been on the SSC waitlist, but might have to look elsewhere if my number doesn't come up.

I understand that SSC has to get their fill first, but I've not heard of other sites having to cancel out POs because product from SSC didn't come thru competely. If SSC has extras (or more to take from other sites), then why has mine waitlist been filled already? :huh

Total speculation, just like everyone else's comments on this site, but here goes...

Sideshow fills their pre orders, then begins filling the retailer's orders, what is left then determines whether or not wait list can and are filled.

If a person was wait listed early, they are more likely fill early because of the over stock Sideshow ordered above their pre orders and retailer pre orders.

How's that?

Total speculation, just like everyone else's comments on this site, but here goes...

Sideshow fills their pre orders, then begins filling the retailer's orders, what is left then determines whether or not wait list can and are filled.

If a person was wait listed early, they are more likely fill early because of the over stock Sideshow ordered above their pre orders and retailer pre orders.

How's that?

Sounds good to me.

I'd actually rather pay a couple of extra dollars for my toy to arrive ASAP, rather than waiting a while longer. Provided the dollar difference isn't too extreme!

So FedEx delivered Fury today. I had to pay a whooping €57 ($70) in custom taxes. I thought it was much more than usual (I paid 35 for a $300 statue a couple of months ago). FedEx explained to me that I was being charged VAT for the value of the figure plus the value of insurance, that means $190 more! Adding that to shipping and handling fees, I'm paying +18% of $460. Do you know if this is a new policy of SS? Or maybe it only happens with Hot Toys figures (it's my first one)? Man, this figure has cost me more than $300 and that makes me wonder if I should cancel all the other Avengers... Does anyone know if I can select not having the insurance?

Last edited:
So FedEx delivered Fury today. I had to pay a whooping €57 ($70) in custom taxes. I thought it was much more than usual (I paid 35 for a $300 statue a couple of months ago). FedEx explained to me that I was being charged VAT for the value of the figure plus the value of insurance, that means $190 more! Adding that to shipping and handling fees, I'm paying +18% of $460. Do you know if this is a new policy of SS? Or maybe it only happens with Hot Toys figures (it's my first one)? Man, this figure has cost me more than $300 and that makes me wonder if I should cancel all the other Avengers... Does anyone know if I can select not having the insurance?

That is insane. You guys in Europe get screwed.

Why do you order at SS then? Search a webshop closer to home.. I can find some 6-7 webshops who carry Fury and other Hot Toys products here in the Netherlands alone, for around 180 euro's. Surely Spain with 3 times the population size should have a few as well?

NEVER buy from Sideshow direct if you live in EU.

You will get screwed on taxes and handling fees.

Use a good HK based seller and as for a low customs declaration ($17USD)

Save a small fortune over the year and stick one to "the man"

I use ABCExpress a lot. Very cool guys.

So, do you guys recommend any EU or HK-based retailer where I can find them? I've been pre-ordering from Sideshow because Flexpay makes things easier for me, but in the long run, it's just not worth it. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Getting these from places like Forbidden Planet here in the UK sure has its pros and cons. Pricewise I'll be paying £149.00 with less than £5 for postage, which when I compare it to most Hot toys prices is almost a steal.

But the downside is the fact that since he seemed to be shipping overseas I thought I'd call FP for an approximate date so I can make sure theres enough in the bank, only to be told they , "Dont yet have a date for him and It would probably be sometime in the next three months"
:gah:

Getting these from places like Forbidden Planet here in the UK sure has its pros and cons. Pricewise I'll be paying £149.00 with less than £5 for postage, which when I compare it to most Hot toys prices is almost a steal.

But the downside is the fact that since he seemed to be shipping overseas I thought I'd call FP for an approximate date so I can make sure theres enough in the bank, only to be told they , "Dont yet have a date for him and It would probably be sometime in the next three months"
:gah:

In future go to onesixthbruce a lot cheaper and get their stock in quicker than FP too. Their shipping Red Skulls and Fury's out atm i think so not far behind Sideshows shipping dates either

In future go to onesixthbruce a lot cheaper and get their stock in quicker than FP too. Their shipping Red Skulls and Fury's out atm i think so not far behind Sideshows shipping dates either

All the Avengers except Iron Man are "currently unavailable" in that site.

Back