Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why so many WL get turned into orders?

I think they (sideshow) are trying to keep their stock
more under control.
Having an overstock of all the Avengers figures
in the warehouse for months or a year after they are released would take up a crazy amount of space and makes them no money.

So they want to sell as many as they can without
having a lot or any left over when they start shipping.

I think the WL are converting because they ordered extras but not a lot of extras. This will most likely go from WL to sold out in the next month or so.
IMO

Last edited:
Guess we are lucky this made it out before Rimowa started getting lawsuit-happy over Fury's suitcase...

https://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=15303

So lame. Hope whatever they think they are going to get out of the lawsuit is worth the negative PR they are getting for it.

Sallah

Bad PR? I don't see how defending one's intellectual property should generate bad PR. Marvel is in the wrong. They should apologize and cut them in.

I think they (sideshow) are trying to keep their stock
more under control.
Having an overstock of all the Avengers figures
in the warehouse for months or a year after they are released would take up a crazy amount of space and makes them no money.

So they want to sell as many as they can without
having a lot or any left over when they start shipping.

I think the WL are converting because they ordered extras but not a lot of extras. This will most likely go from WL to sold out in the next month or so.
IMO

I think they were playing a game with us. They pretended to sell out before they actually did. Many people were planning on buying the figure EVENTUALLY. SS created an urgency.

I think they were playing a game with us. They pretended to sell out before they actually did. Many people were planning on buying the figure EVENTUALLY. SS created an urgency.

Possibly but personally I don't think so. They probably just look at the highest numbers across the team and PO's and take the average. Coupled with how HT's are selling currently and the popularity of the movie.

Also I think Fury is definitely one of those figures that you can buy as an individual (I have). So taking the entire team folk and the individual sales into consideration I'm not surprised he's sold well.

The Avengers line sort of sells itself. I doubt it needs a helping hand.

Possibly but personally I don't think so. They probably just look at the highest numbers across the team and PO's and take the average. Coupled with how HT's are selling currently and the popularity of the movie.

Also I think Fury is definitely one of those figures that you can buy as an individual (I have). So taking the entire team folk and the individual sales into consideration I'm not surprised he's sold well.

The Avengers line sort of sells itself. I doubt it needs a helping hand.

I still see them going down. Talking more on Loki, then fury. He is out the door. With all of them having new movie coming out people are going to want that one. People on this board we are not your not sure what to call us but hard core.

Just noticed a small shiny spot on the forehead...just irritating enough to have my OCD kick in, not big/noticible enough to contact SSC CS.

Anyone else having this issue?

So got my Fury, hes awesome.. Looks really cool with my Iron Men and poses great, I feel he has a very simplistic presence which is both cool and unfortunate as the price is a little high, haha oh well not like there's any alternatives out there

On another note, is it just me or are the red light up areas in the briefcase eerily similar to a swastika? would make sense with red skull finding the cube and all but its all i can see with that now, lol

Just received mine yesterday! I'll be posting pics soon! I'm so giddy right now!!!! :clap:yess:

Congrats!! :rock

So got my Fury, hes awesome.. Looks really cool with my Iron Men and poses great, I feel he has a very simplistic presence which is both cool and unfortunate as the price is a little high, haha oh well not like there's any alternatives out there

On another note, is it just me or are the red light up areas in the briefcase eerily similar to a swastika? would make sense with red skull finding the cube and all but its all i can see with that now, lol

Congrats!!
I thought the same about the briefcase lights, but I won't let it bother me :lol

after a week of deciding if I wanted the figure, I finally pulled the trigger and bought one from Toys2

Can't wait

Nice! It's a great figure!! :rock

*Phew* Looks like we are all lucky Fury came early in this line... Had he been a later release, his nifty little briefcase (one of the coolest HT accessories ever) probably would not have been film-accurate, if it had been included at all. Here's the latest press release about Rimowa's lawsuit against Marvel over the replica briefcase that would have been included in the Phase 1 Blu-Ray set...

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/marvel-delays-release-superhero-dvd-box-set-due-231149202.html

They interesting part of Rimowa's suit is this-

"In manufacturing and marketing the box set, as well as using it in a Nick Fury figurine, Marvel has infringed upon and diluted Rimowa's trademark, according to the German company."

No other Fury figures have come with the case, so I'd say this refers to the Hot Toys version. And if you read the whole article, it looks like Marvel isn't going to fight the suit... They are just scrapping the current Phase 1 case design and reworking it into something that probably won't resemble the on-screen case to avoid Rimowa's lawyers. I am guessing that since the Hot Toys Fury figure was part of Rimowa's claims, had he not been released already, his case would have in all likelihood been altered too.

So yeah... Super happy he was an early figure. I freaking love that case and it would have been a shame to see it altered into something that didn't look like the movie prop.

Sallah

*Phew* Looks like we are all lucky Fury came early in this line... Had he been a later release, his nifty little briefcase (one of the coolest HT accessories ever) probably would not have been film-accurate, if it had been included at all. Here's the latest press release about Rimowa's lawsuit against Marvel over the replica briefcase that would have been included in the Phase 1 Blu-Ray set...

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/marvel-delays-release-superhero-dvd-box-set-due-231149202.html

They interesting part of Rimowa's suit is this-

"In manufacturing and marketing the box set, as well as using it in a Nick Fury figurine, Marvel has infringed upon and diluted Rimowa's trademark, according to the German company."

No other Fury figures have come with the case, so I'd say this refers to the Hot Toys version. And if you read the whole article, it looks like Marvel isn't going to fight the suit... They are just scrapping the current Phase 1 case design and reworking it into something that probably won't resemble the on-screen case to avoid Rimowa's lawyers. I am guessing that since the Hot Toys Fury figure was part of Rimowa's claims, had he not been released already, his case would have in all likelihood been altered too.

So yeah... Super happy he was an early figure. I freaking love that case and it would have been a shame to see it altered into something that didn't look like the movie prop.

Sallah

Wow... that sucks about the Phase One Blu Ray Set!
But like you say, thank God that the Fury fig is out already. That case is freaking awesome and I'd hate to see it not included!

whoa this might be an excuse for HT to just halt production of the figure, after current stock has sold out. I don't think they will sell the product without the case and im not sure they'd be bothered enough to go back and alter the mold especially with the light up parts which fit inside

Its funny how Marvel keeps having trouble with these things, like the color of Whiplash's pants and now this, you would think they had gotten permission to use the products in the film itself as well as merchandise. They should've just had this company produce this Blu-ray case themselves

Wow! Sallah may be right about the case. If a halt does happen, we'll all be among the lucky few that gets one before (or if) its recalled.

Too bad about the box set since it was a great idea. I would have ordered one myself had it not been for the fact I have all of the phase 1 movies already (accept TA).

Back