Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiance is a little upset with me since she had been planning to buy me Nick Fury for Christmas, but when I found a good deal on one I jumped on it.

I'll just ask in a random Avenger topic...

Need the advice of HT Avengers owners.

I have a unique opportunity to get my hands on a full set of HT Avengers in perfect condition which includes:

-Iron Man Mark VII
-Hulk
-Loki
-Thor (Avengers ver.)
-Black Widow (Avengers ver.)
-Hawkeye
-Capt. America (Avengers ver.)
-Nick Fury
-Agent Phil Coulson

All this for the price of 2175eur (+-2970$) The seller can get more than that if he sells them separately. Which he does but he prefers to sell them at once for less. I also wouldn't have to bother for shipping costs, the guy is living half an hour driving from my place. Which is good so I could check everything there. This price is already negotiated so I can't expect him to lower it.

I can see it as a unique collection to own and display. But at the same time maybe an investment? If I would decide to sell them later...
Still hesitating because it's a huge amount of money. I just need some opinions here. "What would you do if you could have this kind of deal?"

I have a unique opportunity to get my hands on a full set of HT Avengers in perfect condition which includes:

-Iron Man Mark VII
-Hulk
-Loki
-Thor (Avengers ver.)
-Hawkeye
-Nick Fury
-Agent Phil Coulson

All this for the price of 2175eur (+-2970$) The seller can get more than that if he sells them separately. Which he does but he prefers to sell them at once for less. I also wouldn't have to bother for shipping costs, the guy is living half an hour driving from my place. Which is good so I could check everything there. This price is already negotiated so I can't expect him to lower it.

I can see it as a unique collection to own and display. But at the same time maybe an investment? If I would decide to sell them later...
Still hesitating because it's a huge amount of money. I just need some opinions here. "What would you do if you could have this kind of deal?"

Imo it depends on how much of an Avengers fan you are to make this kind of purchase. I'm calling this a purchase and not an investment b/c when the next Avengers film hits there's no telling where the value of these figures will go.

I suggest asking yourself this question: If this Avengers set is worth half it's current value when Avengers 2 releases will you regret this purchase?

If the answer is yes then pass, if it's no then go for broke.

Hi all,

Daron aka DGTWoodward passed away by a sudden heart attack on the eve of 19th Dec, here is a link to the thread started by his wife notifying us:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

-Iron Man Mark VII
-Hulk
-Loki
-Thor (Avengers ver.)
-Hawkeye
-Nick Fury
-Agent Phil Coulson

That's about $330 per figure, I think it's a great deal if you have the cheddar to drop on it, I have all of them and they are awesome.

Imo it depends on how much of an Avengers fan you are to make this kind of purchase. I'm calling this a purchase and not an investment b/c when the next Avengers film hits there's no telling where the value of these figures will go.

I suggest asking yourself this question: If this Avengers set is worth half it's current value when Avengers 2 releases will you regret this purchase?

If the answer is yes then pass, if it's no then go for broke.

Let's say I all not the biggest fan of the movie but I like very much the whole team together. Those are amazing figures when they are next to each other. The value increase/decrease is always so random. Knowing myself I don't believe I would sell them. But never say never.

That's about $330 per figure, I think it's a great deal if you have the cheddar to drop on it, I have all of them and they are awesome.

That's indeed a good deal when you compare the price when buy figures separately. That makes it even harder to decide 😒

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boom.

1521775_10152901839289460_158591082_n.jpg

You're a lucky man cof. I had to buy my own Jor-El and Man of Steel. However the wife did buy me a really cool Heisenberg tee. She gets a couple geek points for that.

-Iron Man Mark VII
-Hulk
-Loki
-Thor (Avengers ver.)
-Hawkeye
-Nick Fury
-Agent Phil Coulson

At $330 a figure isn't too bad. If TA2 is a major hit like the first film, I have a hunch this deal won't come up again! I love my Avengers collection! :wink1:

Bam! Very nice! Merry belated X-Mas! :hi5:

Cole, I am not really sure that overall price is that good a deal. Barring Hawkeye, as a fellow EU collector I think you can get the team for around that price on your own with a little patience.

The seller being able to get more € when selling each seperately is a m00t point. The extra costs to display these plus maybe other figures in the near-future, you might get closer to 3K sooner than you think.

You don't sound like the biggest Avengers fan around. My advice, only get the figures you like 100%.

Was hard to decide but at the end... made a little Christmas shopping :cuckoo:

f85m.jpg

The ones in brown box are Fury and Hulk. I was still surprised how huge The Hulk is.

Was hard to decide but at the end... made a little Christmas shopping :cuckoo:

f85m.jpg

The ones in brown box are Fury and Hulk. I was still surprised how huge The Hulk is.

You spent what - $2,500+ on yourself for Christmas? :lol

How much did you spend on everyone else? :rotfl

Back