Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never really fancied getting this one till recently.
My excellent Brother surprised me by picking one up in Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh while he was there.
I have majorly come around to Fury, and he will be on the same shelf as Widow and(when he arrives eventually), Coulson.

Awesome!! I was in the Forbidden Planet store in Edinburgh about 2 weeks ago. They had a Fury figure and a Red Skull when I was there. I debated picking up the Red Skull, but in the end I didn't.

Congrats on getting Fury! :rock

Our review is now up if you'd care to check it out-

fury23_zps7fb68fac.jpg

Here's the link-
Hot Toys MMS 169 Avengers Nick Fury 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

fury43_zpscd016e8e.jpg

Sallah

Great review as always Sallah!

Awesome!! I was in the Forbidden Planet store in Edinburgh about 2 weeks ago. They had a Fury figure and a Red Skull when I was there. I debated picking up the Red Skull, but in the end I didn't.

Congrats on getting Fury! :rock

Thanks.
It was that same Fury.
Sitting in my Detolf as i type!
There's a member here selling a Red Skull for £131 if the Red Skull was something you might want to get if the price was right.

Hey Sallah I just realized I saw a figure update video of yours on YouTube yesterday. Really good video and cool that you get your kids involved! Great collection btw. :hi5:

Hey Sallah I just realized I saw a figure update video of yours on YouTube yesterday. Really good video and cool that you get your kids involved! Great collection btw. :hi5:

Thanks man! I really appreciate that! :)

Sallah

Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product.

As usual, a great review. And not just because it's a good review in itself. The style of the review is quite, quite charming. Your son Blaze, a star in the making I'd say. And your little lad Keaton making the occasional appearance from behind the sofa is innocently hilarious.

Your videos just scream "Family" at me, and remind me of my family life, both in the family home and now that I am married and have a family/son of my own.

Please do keep the coming.

Excellent review again, Sallah! Your photos are perfect yet as always! Truly a remarkable figure! :clap :hi5:

Thanks buddy! I always appreciate your kind feedback. :1-1:

As usual, a great review. And not just because it's a good review in itself. The style of the review is quite, quite charming. Your son Blaze, a star in the making I'd say. And your little lad Keaton making the occasional appearance from behind the sofa is innocently hilarious.

Your videos just scream "Family" at me, and remind me of my family life, both in the family home and now that I am married and have a family/son of my own.

Please do keep the coming.

Thanks man! I am really happy to hear that the fun, family vibe comes across... Because that is exactly what we feel when we do them. :) Blaze and I -and Keaton when the mood strikes him :) -really look forward to the time we spend doing these. It really is some quality father-son "geek" bonding time. We want to just sit down together and talk, and even if nobody watched a single one of them, we would still feel like each one was a succesful review because we just had fun doing it.... jsut like when we talk about this stuff without a camera around. But if turning on the camera while we sit down and chat could make a fellow fan have the feeling that they are sitting down and talking with us, then why not share the fun? :)

Thanks again for the kind words!

Sallah

I can't wait to see your kids faces when you review the upcoming Hulk figure! Now you know that will be a sight to behold when he eventually arrives! :wink1:

Just bought me a sealed Nick Fury for $265 shipped. The stuff Michael Crawford said about his head being too big made me hesitate for a while, but man, I wanted this figure. I'm going to have to learn to look past his big ol' head.

Just bought me a sealed Nick Fury for $265 shipped. The stuff Michael Crawford said about his head being too big made me hesitate for a while, but man, I wanted this figure. I'm going to have to learn to look past his big ol' head.

Nice score Max! Not a bad after market price either! :hi5:

Yes, the news that people thought the head to be too big made me hesitate for a while too, but even the respected Mr Crawford's review said that it was only really obvious from a dead-face-on view. A tiniest bit clever pose will hide that from everyone, and to be honest, at this scale I think that like with most things 'head sculpt associated' it is rather negligible anyway.

I got into the idea of getting NICK FURY quite late in the AVENGERS game and so did not PO mine from anywhere at the time :)slap :slap :slap), rather, I got mine from my local UK dealer, and well after he'd sold out everywhere and even then he was still $290, which all things considered, I am very happy with.

Just picked this up second hand, fantastic figure and glad I decided not to skip it after all.

Unfortunately i have managed to knock off and lose one of the "buttons/studs" on the shoulder of the coat so will need to try and get one from somewhere to stick on

P1000808_2_zpsb5d7df1a.jpg~original

Back