Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only figure so far that I told myself, "it's well worth the money."

The engineering and R&D that went to produce this MK I is superb. :clap
(Yes, i know this is the 2.0, but still, you cant just discard the fact they did R&D to create the molds)

hey guys, if anyone that has this figure doesnt plan to use the flame attachment,if you are willing to part with it please hit me up.only reasonable offers please.

Last edited:
I just bought a head. I can't see the slight improvement on the rest to warrant the hassle of selling and re buying. No question the head is amazing.

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker here.

I REALLY struggled with the decision to buy this figure. I have the mech test, mark 4, mark 6 and war machine. First impression for me was that it was ugly and fat, and not as cool as the rest (when posed together). I literally read through the whole thread and there were issues with articulation making the flame look like it was roasting bugs and etc.

But alas the details finally won me over and it arrived today. I am happy to report that articulation is not an issue and it looks just awesome with the flame accessory. The flame shield somewhat helps to keep it up and rotating the body upwards helps too (The body also stays in place post rotation which is really great)

attachment.php

After browsing through tons of pictures here, I was afraid I would not be very impressed after looking at the figure myself but I was wrong. For the first time I noticed boosters behind his right leg shield thing. Boy is that cool.

attachment.php

Also I just noticed you can see his boots and pants clearly which are attached into the mark 1 "foot".

attachment.php

Overall I'm really impressed with this figure. It stands out as having the most detail in stark comparison with the other marks.

Welcome aboard Poor Collector. Great way to start participating! :clap

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker here.

I REALLY struggled with the decision to buy this figure. I have the mech test, mark 4, mark 6 and war machine. First impression for me was that it was ugly and fat, and not as cool as the rest (when posed together). I literally read through the whole thread and there were issues with articulation making the flame look like it was roasting bugs and etc.

But alas the details finally won me over and it arrived today. I am happy to report that articulation is not an issue and it looks just awesome with the flame accessory. The flame shield somewhat helps to keep it up and rotating the body upwards have elps too (The body also stays in place post rotation which is really great)

attachment.php

After browsing through tons of pictures here, I was afraid I would not be very impressed after looking at the figure myself but I was wrong. For the first time I noticed boosters behind his right leg shield thing. Boy is that cool.

attachment.php

Also I just noticed you can see his boots and pants clearly which are attached into the mark 1 "foot".

attachment.php

Overall I'm really impressed with this figure. It stands out as having the most detail in stark comparison with the other marks.

I had the same feeling still do. A walking junk pile of weapons. But I have 4 of them and got the Mark 1 helmet and war monger helmet and the 1/6 was only $34 a month. Turn out everything that should have came out this month did not so I had extra cash. I have it and till I get a lighted stand it will stay there. But I have to say I do like it. Till war monger comes out next month.

Thanks for the comparison shots! This is what I've been wanting to see. I'm happy to know they are the same size despite what was rumored before! They both look great! Now I'll have to get one! Thank you! :clap

Thanks for the effort in putting this together. :clap I didn't manage to get the first version, but am really please with v2.0. :)

Your welcome. Glad to help out. :duff

How do you guys position the arm with the flame horizontally straight? Mine is drooping because of the weight of the flame. LoL!

Also can both legs (thigh area) bend/move forward? Mine is stiff and I didn't force it, was afraid something might break.

Got him today with Gordon. And a cold too. Leaving him boxed until I'm well enough to enjoy him.

Welcome aboard Poor Collector. Great way to start participating! :clap

thanks man!

I had the same feeling still do. A walking junk pile of weapons. But I have 4 of them and got the Mark 1 helmet and war monger helmet and the 1/6 was only $34 a month. Turn out everything that should have came out this month did not so I had extra cash. I have it and till I get a lighted stand it will stay there. But I have to say I do like it. Till war monger comes out next month.

I guess this is the last iron man I will get (Till iron man 3 comes out). Definitely the last of the red/gold variation. Monger may be too expensive/huge for my collection, already have the tumbler and new DX batman preordered.

Got my brown shipper! Gonna set him up with my Mark III tonite... :clap

Weirdly enough I didn't get the brown shipper with it. I got a plain outer brown box without any writings on it. The Mark 1 box was bubble wrapped and then wrapped in a clear plastic though.

How do you guys position the arm with the flame horizontally straight? Mine is drooping because of the weight of the flame. LoL!

Also can both legs (thigh area) bend/move forward? Mine is stiff and I didn't force it, was afraid something might break.

So firstly I bravely positioned the arm as high as possible and it stays at 90 degrees without any problems. Then angle the upper body upwards towards the right arm, so like in the northwest direction. Then finally you have the cuff of the flames, the clear part which connects to the wrist. Try to rotate it so it rests on something, like the flame shield. Rotating it upwards helps a lot too.

I have no idea about the thigh, I wouldn't want to risk breaking anything too lol.

Last edited:
Hey guys so I found the 1st version for $235 and I was wondering should I pull the trigger on the 1st version or get the new version?

I'd guess that the 2.0 is the superior beast. The face work IS. Me, I'd get the 2.0..... Oh, I did :lol

Hey guys so I found the 1st version for $235 and I was wondering should I pull the trigger on the 1st version or get the new version?

I have both of them and I am really liking the 2.0 version over the original version. The paint work is amazing, the lights are brighter and you just can't beat the new HS. I will still keep the original in my collection though. I just can't seem to get rid of it just yet. :lol

Neither is better, they're both the same apart from the sculpt.
Wow so 1.0 has a dark paint wash and has more detailed paint apps and is more rare, 2.0 has a better head sculpt, whoopi. Just enjoy each for what they are.

can this ver2 Mark I do the "down on 1 knee" pose? the first version had that pose in alot of promo pics but couldn't achieve the pose. at least not w/o serious risk of breaking something lol

Got mine today!! So freaking happy to have this in hand... I got in to Hot Toys when Joker DX01 came out, so i missed the boat on the first one.

IMG_1987.jpg

My original (right) humps over, I can't get it to stand straight up, his knees are weak, and his cheat piece is either too small or sets up to high on his chest exposing his waist. The pants are a different color too. The 2.0 has tighter joints and the chest armor covers his waist very well. The posture on the 2.0 is nice and I don't have any trouble with him standing up, the original wants to take a tumble all the time. The armor is a lot easier to manipulate on the 2.0 too, but the 2.0 helmet doesn't close completely like the original.

IMG_1988.jpg

I'd have to say the weathering on the original looks better. The armor on the original's (right) back hangs low, and it looks a tiny bit shorter or smaller however you want to look at it.

I think the 2.0 is the better figure, but I will be holding onto the original, it's part of the Ironman set the way I see it.

Last edited:
Back