Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those with extra cash get both of them. For the rests pick whicever cheaper. You can't go wrong with either pick :)

The 2.0 has tighter joints and the chest armor covers his waist very well. The posture on the 2.0 is nice and I don't have any trouble with him standing up, the original wants to take a tumble all the time.

One of the things I really liked about 2.0 is the tightness of the joints.
Easily stands on its own and no fear of tumbling at all. :D

IMG_1987.jpg

My original (left) humps over, I can't get it to stand straight up, his knees are weak, and his cheat piece is either too small or sets up to high on his chest exposing his waist. The pants are a different color too. The 2.0 has tighter joints and the chest armor covers his waist very well. The posture on the 2.0 is nice and I don't have any trouble with him standing up, the original wants to take a tumble all the time. The armor is a lot easier to manipulate on the 2.0 too, but the 2.0 helmet doesn't close completely like the original.

IMG_1988.jpg

I'd have to say the weathering on the original looks better. The armor on the original's (left) back hangs low, and it looks a tiny bit shorter or smaller however you want to look at it.

I think the 2.0 is the better figure, but I will be holding onto the original, it's part of the Ironman set the way I see it.

More cool comparison photos. Thank you. :clap

IMG_1987.jpg

My original (left) humps over, I can't get it to stand straight up, his knees are weak, and his cheat piece is either too small or sets up to high on his chest exposing his waist. The pants are a different color too. The 2.0 has tighter joints and the chest armor covers his waist very well. The posture on the 2.0 is nice and I don't have any trouble with him standing up, the original wants to take a tumble all the time. The armor is a lot easier to manipulate on the 2.0 too, but the 2.0 helmet doesn't close completely like the original.

I'd have to say the weathering on the original looks better. The armor on the original's (left) back hangs low, and it looks a tiny bit shorter or smaller however you want to look at it.

I think the 2.0 is the better figure, but I will be holding onto the original, it's part of the Ironman set the way I see it.

When you say the original is on the left do you mean 'his' left and our right? Isn't the 2.0 on the left side and the 1.0 on the right side of the picture when looking at it?

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

Your original's on the right as I see it.

I have no trouble with my 1.0, he has very stiff joints, stomach does not show and does not hunch forward :dunno

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

:exactly: I agree on the 1.0 weak joints vs. the 2.0. That's exactly what I noticed when posing mine together without stands. Same goes with the chest armor as you pointed out. It's a toss up for me in regard to the weathering.

Your original's on the right as I see it.

I have no trouble with my 1.0, he has very stiff joints, stomach does not show and does not hunch forward :dunno

Yeah, that Mk.I on "our" right looks like the original and mine also doesn't have any issues with showing the stomache. The chest armor comes all the way down over the stomache and to the belt.

I need some opinions...
IMG_0133-1.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Does the left eye look off? Should I request a replacement? It's not that bad from a distance.

Also, can someone tell me where this piece goes? It fell from the right arm when I removed the plastic cover.

IMG_0135.jpg

THANKS!

Slightly...but it could just be the pics. Can't you tell by looking at them with your own eyes? :lol

The hose looks like it's from the yellow cylinder on the right arm.

Slightly...but it could just be the pics. Can't you tell by looking at them with your own eyes? :lol

The hose looks like it's from the yellow cylinder on the right arm.

I always notice things that aren't balanced and "off".

I wanted opinions to see if I was being too nitpicky.

Thanks, I'll check the other pics for the yellow cylinder [Edit: As soon as you pointed it out, I saw it :slap]

Liking the photos. The eyes look a bit wonky on your figure as well. Must be pretty common. Dr. Jones looks great in the last photo. No PERS throwing the likeness off.

I'm still looking at picking this up sooner rather than later.

Great pics everyone!
If the eyes are bothering you,just display it with the mask down.
LOL!
I'm kidding,if it's bothering you I hope Sideshow can help.
I just opened mine and it looks perfect.
Put him together with one question though.
Is the plastic material suppose to come off around the battery compartment?
:dunno
The instructions make it sound like all you have to do is push the button and the lights work right out of the box,but you have to slide that little plastic strip out first right?
I pulled it out and my batteries went flying LOL!
All the lights work on mine I'm happy.

Back