Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why its being compared to the original version so much. I would think that most who have the original aren't getting the 2.0. And those who are getting this because they don't have the original, like myself, are glad that we have a chance to own the Mark I without have to spend $400 ( thats what is was selling for on the secondary market before 2.0 was announced ). Plus we're getting a HS thats 8642 times better, flames and and mini me Mark I. :wave Besides, I don't think HT ever said they were making 2.0 to be exactly like the original.

"Now send me a shipping notice clowns! Just shut your mouth and send it funny man! " :lol

I don't see why its being compared to the original version so much. I would think that most who have the original aren't getting the 2.0. And those who are getting this because they don't have the original, like myself, are glad that we have a chance to own the Mark I without have to spend $400 ( thats what is was selling for on the secondary market before 2.0 was announced ). Plus we're getting a HS thats 8642 times better, flames and and mini me Mark I. :wave Besides, I don't think HT ever said they were making 2.0 to be exactly like the original.

"Now send me a shipping notice clowns! Just shut your mouth and send it funny man! " :lol

Truth. I have the original and don't need another or even to up grade. I may try and pick up a head parted out if I can get one for a good price but if not, no big deal.

That's the problem now with collectibles. To many made.

Yes more to pick from. I was talking about v2.0 and making more once the run has sold out.

Thats just a business move for them. They saw what these were selling for on the secondary market and probably wanted to capitalize on that. If they will sell, which they are, why wouldn't HT make them?

Here is a quick measure of the height comparison from these pics. As you can see, they are the same height until it gets to the shoulder area. Thats where you can clearly see that the chest armor is whats sticking uo higher, causing the head and helmet to stick up higher, making the entire figure seem @ and 1/2 an inch taller.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Watching the movie, I think the version 2 has a closer paint job to what we saw. The first version is really rough and pitted and in the movie it really wasn't that textural. It had a more smooth look to it. I think its all splitting hairs. Both look amazing.

Aw man, with these comparason pics, I am even more confused as to what to do.

Sell my old one to buy this one or not?!

I was in two minds myself but now I'm sticking with the original and picking up the new sculpt.
My V1 does stand taller than the other Iron men compared to the pictures on here, if your still wondering.

That is one great Tony Stark custom...Shadowx81 great job,Reminds me of the Tony Stark from the Anime series.

Wow -- I go away to Seattle for a few days and come back to see that the v1 2.0 is smaller!!!!

WTF?

I thought that was one of the core reasons they gave to revisit? I'm assuming that its not actually the case and they are just both the exact same heightwise once you futz correctly. But still -- so now it's literally a choice between armor dirt deco and a few wires here and not there????

After looking at the pics, I think I might actually pick up a v1 while they are still cheap.

After looking at the pics, I think I might actually pick up a v1 while they are still cheap.

I thought about that as well, demand for the 1.0 will probably go back up. I'm sure there will be a lot of 2.0 lovers who are going to point to the improved head, but most people won't display this with the mask up anyway. Even with the improved head it doesn't look like RDJ.

Aw man, with these comparason pics, I am even more confused as to what to do.

Sell my old one to buy this one or not?!

Keep the old one and just buy the new head sculpt some time down the road, since it isn't too much of an upgrade.

Haha! It shrunk. How is that possible. :/

:horror
551594_10151037972551629_387644698_n.jpg

538866_10151037970831629_130113722_n.jpg

It's gotta be the true type, V1 was using the very old body (before the narrow shoulder ver) I think it will help it lookbetter next to the other armors, personally thought v1 had too much bulk, but whatevs

Back