Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd re-post this:

0202-00487-011b3.jpg

Seems like they made revisions since the prototype to give him the bangs and make the scruff more prominent. :)

Just cant see Hot Toys releasing two Marvel figures in one month and Hawkeye is obviously going to take priority (that and the fact that while he's been confirmed to be shipping in 30 days by SSC there's still be no mention of the Mark I on their newsletter)

Just cant see Hot Toys releasing two Marvel figures in one month and Hawkeye is obviously going to take priority (that and the fact that while he's been confirmed to be shipping in 30 days by SSC there's still be no mention of the Mark I on their newsletter)

You can't? July was Red Skull, Nick Fury, and Rescue Captain America. They have a lot of Marvel figures in their line up now so I don't see why it should be uncommon to see multiple Marvel figures released each month.

You can't? July was Red Skull, Nick Fury, and Rescue Captain America. They have a lot of Marvel figures in their line up now so I don't see why it should be uncommon to see multiple Marvel figures released each month.

In HK Red Skull came out in June and Nick Fury in July. Captain America was a bonus as he was a show exclusive.

In HK Red Skull came out in June and Nick Fury in July. Captain America was a bonus as he was a show exclusive.

They were arguably close together though, and I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened. I just think it's silly to assume that if two figures are ready they will be delayed because they are both "Marvel".

Also, didn't the Gantry come out in July as well?

They were arguably close together though, and I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened. I just think it's silly to assume that if two figures are ready they will be delayed because they are both "Marvel".

It's not just because they're both Marvel there's other things to consider, for one the Iron Monger was up for PO months and months before this and he's been delayed and delayed and delayed and is not scheduled for release in October, will the Mark I be released before that? I have my doubts.

Then there's like I say Hawkeye has been mentioned on the SSC Newsletter two weeks in a row now to be shipping in 30 days whilst there's been nothing on the Mark I that suggests Hawkeye if anything is set to be released in HK in the coming weeks not the Mark I.

Finally there are the delays that hit the Mark II AU version, that came out what 6 months after it was initially scheduled?

Part of me hopes the Mark I is just around the corner as I'm looking forward to getting him in the collection, part of me hopes he's delayed as there are other things out there that I fear will sell out or sky rocket if I dont pick them up now, I realist in me says this will get delayed though.

I got'cha. Well, I suppose that just means more time to set aside the last payment for him, lol. You guys certainly have more knowledge and experience collecting Hot Toys than me, I appreciate all of the explaining, it helps me to better understand HT and this hobby. I'll just keep waiting for Iron Man, hopefully he'll be out before the end of the year. :)

Didn't the Gantry come out in July as well?

It was June. I had mine PO'd since April and it shipped from SS on 6/21. I can't remember for sure if the HK release was the very end of May or the beginning of June.

Avengers Cap is scheduled for September as well.

It was June. I had mine PO'd since April and it shipped from SS on 6/21. I can't remember for sure if the HK release was the very end of May or the beginning of June.

Avengers Cap is scheduled for September as well.

Cap defo won't make September, Hot Toys Japan has him listed as Nov. I believe. Ah, 6/21, no wonder I was thinking July, since it was so close. Is that when the Gantry came out, or the Gantry w/MK IV? Since the Mark IV version came out a bit later didn't it?

Back