Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd prefer for this one to land in November or February of next year. Those seem to be the only 2 months where nothing I have on PO is scheduled (so far).

I still waffle on this one, but when I already have Mk II - Mk VI, it'd be silly for me to pass this one up.

well is a bit of a joke Hot Toys schedule the 4 figures for each month in the 4Q why dont they at least make it realistic

well is a bit of a joke Hot Toys schedule the 4 figures for each month in the 4Q why dont they at least make it realistic

HT is really killing themselves with their release schedule through the end of the year. Sure some items will get pushed back again, but with so much coming out in a short time span, they're really cannibalizing their potential sales.

Batmobiles, Iron Monger, half a dozen Avengers, new DXs, there's too much.

HT is really killing themselves with their release schedule through the end of the year. Sure some items will get pushed back again, but with so much coming out in a short time span, they're really cannibalizing their potential sales.

I agree. I potentially have 3 in September now this has been moved back. Nothing in October or November then 4 in December. That's a little much all at once. Particularly in December.

Not to say it's an issue and I'm not whining. I pay cash for everything and if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't buy it (or PO it). It just would be a more enjoyable experience if it could be spread out a little more. I would love to be getting one a month instead of floods and droughts.

No doubt I mean Hot Toys knows how much they can push out and when so why do the continue to do this they did they same thing last year and in fact its worse this year then last because they have revealed so many figures. All the figures for the 4Q last year Avatar. tron cyclce Iron man 2 were pushed in the next year the same thing will happen this time as well. So why not give us realistic shipping dates from the get go.

So why not give us realistic shipping dates from the get go.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people have a problem with delays.

First, when they give us the initial release month at the time of the full reveal, SEPTEMBER 2012, that an estimate. I read an interview with someone from HT and they said things change.

The reasons given were:

1. Licensing issue
2. Changes in the piece ( upgrade, accessories, etc )
3. production problems

There were a few others I can't remember. And I can't find the article.

With something like this, a kind of art, I would think everyone would understand these simple and obvious reasons.:dunno

With something like this, a kind of art, I would think everyone would understand these simple and obvious reasons.

I understand it. I have commented multiple times on how I would rather wait and receive a better product than something of lesser quality and rushed out the door. If they really think it'll be done by a given date and stuff happens, fine. If you are using it to bait people into preordering knowing it'll never be done in time, that's different. Be it to compete with the release of a competitor or whatever it's just not good practice.

For me personally, it's all about communication. In my business, if I can't meet a deadline (which happens frequently) most of my clients don't care as long as I tell them as soon as I know. If I wait until the day before I am supposed to deliver, then I have very upset clients. All I want from Hot Toys is updates. If it wasn't for reading this thread, I would never have known this was delayed. Hot Toys should have a release date page on the web site that is constantly updated. (And If such a thing exists, great! Where the heck is it?)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's really my biggest issue with Hot Toys, is their HORRIBLE communication, and lack there of. I mean.. is it really that hard to drop in a few times a week and make a post like "things are going well on MMS168, but we're working to ensure he's up to our standards so he'll be delayed a month longer than expected". You know? I mean.. that would go a LONG way in my opinion.

They said a while back that their new site would post behind the scenes stuff. So far, it's a copy of their Facebook page. Cold and impersonal.

I agree that there communication sucks. But thats how there are. Thats how they've always been. Thats how they probably will always be.

One definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My point is HT isn't going to change. Maybe our expectations should.

I agree that there communication sucks. But thats how there are. Thats how they've always been. Thats how they probably will always be.

One definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My point is HT isn't going to change. Maybe our expectations should.

I guess they will never change and we must plan accordingly its almost a risk if you have to put down a NRD on a product only to have them delay it over and over again

I guess they will never change and we must plan accordingly its almost a risk if you have to put down a NRD on a product only to have them delay it over and over again

I wouldn't exactly call it a risk dealing with HT. We may not like some of their business habits, but they're not some swindlers who plan on taking our money and running off to China......Oh wait!!!:wave

I wouldn't exactly call it a risk dealing with HT. We may not like some of their business habits, but they're not some swindlers who plan on taking our money and running off to China......Oh wait!!!:wave

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Na, it's not a risk. I'm sure if for some reason it was announced a particular product was not going to be released (ever) our reputable retailers would in fact refund our NRD.

Now if you PO'd yours from Joe's Collectibles and Tackle Shop, you may have reason to be concerned...

It's a risk because no company is too big to fail. With the economy the way it is, this risk is even higher....

If the company whom we placed our fullly paid pre-payments or NRD with fails, there goes our hard earned $$$$. And no way in hell will the Government bail us out on that! :gah:

This can happen to any sellers from the eBay sellers to online retailers to Sideshow to HT. I am not saying they will or are gong to fail but such risks exist. So it's not like it will be risk free if we order from the so called reputable retailers or companies.

Ok not a risk but for sure it's not good business practice I understand delays are part of the business, but provide their respective customers with updates is part of good customer service.

Take for instance the Q4 2012 release schedule I now have to guess what of the 15 figures is comming out on schedule because we all now they can not put out 4 Plus figures a month when the average 2 at most. So a little info is not to much to ask. We can make educated guess based on the previous release schedule but still something offical would be nice.

Back