Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazingly detailed figure but just never had the wow factor with mine, never really seen it any amazingly good poses either

i´m happy that ht produce a second one. i had missed the first and then later she was just too expensive.
and for HT iron man fans is this a must have.

Finally got around to unboxing mine...Really cool figure, but I have 2 questions...

1. Anyone else have a problem with him keeping his arm up while using the flame accessory?...Can't keep his arm up, keeps flopping down...Doesnt appear broken, but flame wants to flop down when put on his arm...

2. How do the lights work...I opened the battery chamber and removed the clear tape around the batteries...but when I push the button on, nothing happens...Is there something else I need to remove?...

Thanks...

Amazingly detailed figure but just never had the wow factor with mine, never really seen it any amazingly good poses either

After posting this it was pissing me off how I've never really enjoyed this figure so went straight upstairs, spent some time with the figure, reposed him and now I love him, funny how that happens :lol

Finally got around to unboxing mine...Really cool figure, but I have 2 questions...

1. Anyone else have a problem with him keeping his arm up while using the flame accessory?...Can't keep his arm up, keeps flopping down...Doesnt appear broken, but flame wants to flop down when put on his arm...

2. How do the lights work...I opened the battery chamber and removed the clear tape around the batteries...but when I push the button on, nothing happens...Is there something else I need to remove?...

Thanks...

If you are referring to the clear sleeve around the batteries, that's not supposed to come off.
It's there to stop the outside terminals of the batteries from touching things they shouldn't....

This suit I love so much because it is a guy in a suit. The armor itself might be secured into the body, but it is a suit. Just pure amazing stuff built into plastic.

If you are referring to the clear sleeve around the batteries, that's not supposed to come off.
It's there to stop the outside terminals of the batteries from touching things they shouldn't....

Thanks, Barry...I finally figured out the battery thing...And it looks like I have a slightly loose elbow joint on the flame arm...anyone else have a problem keeping his arm up while using the flame?...keeps wanting to droop...

Matt

...And it looks like I have a slightly loose elbow joint on the flame arm...anyone else have a problem keeping his arm up while using the flame?...keeps wanting to droop...
Last two or three reviews I've read for this figure have made a point to mention that the flame accessory is heavy and will cause the arm to droop.

Edit:

Iron Man MKI v2.0 Guest Review @ Michael Crawford's Review of the Week said:
The plume of fire that attaches to the flamethrower attachments at his wrist is also rather cool, and when well lit from behind it can look pretty convincing. However, it is quite a weighty item and I found the arm slowly drooped when displayed with it attached. So, cool for a few photo-shoots rather than a long-term display item… in my case anyway!

Last edited:
Bought this guy for $194. SSC currently has a $25 off for Valentine. For those that want to pick up a figure, might want to order one now! Code is Valentine2013.

Last two or three reviews I've read for this figure have made a point to mention that the flame accessory is heavy and will cause the arm to droop.

Edit:

I saw that review by Jeff also...shame that it's problem that I guess will have to be lived with, as the flame is a neat way to pose him...Ah well, still an awesome figure...Detailing on the suit is incredible...

Matt

Still diggin' this one....

MARK-1_05_zpseb534aa3.jpg

Got this guy in the mail today and I have a question. Right out of the box, when I click the button, the light doesn't turn on for his chest and arm. Now when I open the battery portion, there's a piece of clear plastic around it. Do I need to take it off in order for it to work? I know the other Mark suits have a similar clear plastic tab but no where in the instructions does it indicate to pull it off.

I wish they would learn to make these attachments hollow or light the same goes for Thor's Hammer sure it looks good and is nice and the diecast is nice but for posing its not practical as it causes the arm to fall or even the body

I wish they would learn to make these attachments hollow or light the same goes for Thor's Hammer sure it looks good and is nice and the diecast is nice but for posing its not practical as it causes the arm to fall or even the body

I have a friend who is a very talented model maker and one of his specialities is using expanding foam around a pre-built frame to make an explosion.

kaboom5wt.jpg

Of course among his many talents is the ability to then paint this expanding bubble of foam to look like an *in-progress* explosion.
I have often thought this would look incredible if applied to the flame jets on the MKI Iron Man.

marco_scheloske_thunderchild11.jpg

Back