Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is SUCH a great fig.... i modified mine... cut the uniform jacket to BITS... took the sleeves off and left about half the torso... mobility is SO much better... the overcoat fits so much better... he looks great!

I now have the figure and I'm not even close to being able to put on his coat. Can someone help me with the best practice in regards to putting it on?

I found the coat went on pretty easily. Just bend the arms pointing backwards, and slip each arm into the appropriate sleeve

I just got this figure today. I also found that the jacket was easy to put on, but required some futzing to get it all situated comfortably.

Remember to take off the hands when putting the jacket on. The hands are too big to fit through the cuffs.

I found the coat went on pretty easily. Just bend the arms pointing backwards, and slip each arm into the appropriate sleeve

I just got this figure today. I also found that the jacket was easy to put on, but required some futzing to get it all situated comfortably.

Remember to take off the hands when putting the jacket on. The hands are too big to fit through the cuffs.

Thanks, fellas. Got it.

Thanks, fellas. Got it.

Anytime man. I only know the hands are too big to fit through the sleeves because I was a goof at first, and didn't think to take them off. Learned that one the hard way lol.

This figure is sweet. Goes great with my TFA Cap, and I'm looking forward to assembling my own personal Masters of Evil when Loki and Iron Monger get here. If only this guy came with a couple more accessories like one of those Cosmic-cube powered rifles. A light up cosmic cube would have been killer too, but I'm content with doing one of the mods.

BTW, Go Dawgs!

Anytime man. I only know the hands are too big to fit through the sleeves because I was a goof at first, and didn't think to take them off. Learned that one the hard way lol.

This figure is sweet. Goes great with my TFA Cap, and I'm looking forward to assembling my own personal Masters of Evil when Loki and Iron Monger get here. If only this guy came with a couple more accessories like one of those Cosmic-cube powered rifles. A light up cosmic cube would have been killer too, but I'm content with doing one of the mods.

BTW, Go Dawgs!

It was frustrating me to no end at first. But I finally dived in to it and got it. I agree, what a great figure. I love looking at him on my shelf. I'm looking forward to Loki next. He will be the centerpiece of my villains collection.

Go Falcons!

Here are some recent shots I just took of my Red Skull right out the box !
It looks so cool I don't even feel that I need to swap heads or put on his coat ! (but I will )

DSCN6762.jpg

DSCN6764.jpg

DSCN6798.jpg

DSCN6748.jpg

Gonna add some glow to the Tesseract in photoshop on this one .
DSCN6788.jpg

Last edited:
I put this on my Christmas wish list. :) hopefully my wife swings by csc and gets him for me. I don't trust Santa's elves to put a hot toy together.

anyone think this figure will become rare now that Hugo Weaving has said he doesn't want to play Red Skull again?

fantastic shots bte, Sir Onesixth! :clap just saw the ones you posted in the DX Sparrow thread :rock

My Kitbash Red Skull

I am more attached to Red head with black suit, so managed to get some parts from ebay & local store.

Height comparsion
IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

I just noticed the star on your Rescue CA sits very high unlike my figure and most Ive seen. I think it's actually more movie accurate and generally looks better.

Something you did or luck of the draw?

anyone think this figure will become rare now that Hugo Weaving has said he doesn't want to play Red Skull again?

fantastic shots bte, Sir Onesixth! :clap just saw the ones you posted in the DX Sparrow thread :rock

Wow didn't hear about hugo not being interested in a sequel , I think it will make this sculpt and version much more sought after.

Thanks i'm glad you like my shots Gipett0812 !! :hi5:

@ Captain Italy - Thanks as well, I'm really loving this figure and after seeing it in hand I'm not caring as much about the price !! :clap

I want these 2 soooo bad. hoping for christmas! :pray:
Wow didn't hear about hugo not being interested in a sequel , I think it will make this sculpt and version much more sought after.

Thanks i'm glad you like my shots Gipett0812 !! :hi5:

that's what I'm thinking too. I know most Marvel HT figures shoot up in price eventually but with this being the only official Hugo weaving figure and the possibility of him not returning as Red Skull, I think will make this more sought after. He was such a great Red skull!

My Kitbash Red Skull

I am more attached to Red head with black suit, so managed to get some parts from ebay & local store.

Height comparsion
IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

I just noticed the star on your Rescue CA sits very high unlike my figure and most Ive seen. I think it's actually more movie accurate and generally looks better.

Something you did or luck of the draw?

Thanks badrat. :)
Yes, I shifted the star slightly higher.

:lecture some important notes if you intend to change. The star edge is very sharp. It is hard plastic & may break easily. It has 2pins that glued into the chest. I cut them off, stitched the holes & reglued the star a little higher to cover the stitches. Hope this can help. :wink1:

Back