Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally have my D80 back and just took some decent pics of this guy for the first time. GAWD I've missed my camera!!!!!

7987555302_ac0920c36e_b.jpg
[/url] red skull 049 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

7987555390_d86e1f29ae_b.jpg
[/url] red skull 043 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

7987555478_63566beed4_b.jpg
[/url] red skull 041 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

how are these cubes glowing?!?!? spill, people!!!

...please???
-r.

I think the one posted below mine is with LEDs... See below for my little trick.

That right there is stunning...Bravo USERNAME Bravo :clap

Thanks a lot. It was more of a stroke of luck than a stroke of genius.

Awesome! :clap I'd try doing that if ever i decide to open my Red Skull :lol

You shall not regret it. This is one of my favourite figures.
ok.
how DID you light that?!? looks fantastic!!!

Lol. I had a bit of an idea. I have a "100-LED UV torch" In my pics above, the torch is in my left hand outside the detolf shelf, pointed at the cube. In one pic it is high(and shines some UV over Schmidt's face), and in the other it is lower and the light spills more on his chest area.
Those cubes respond REALLY well to UV light. I'd go so far as to say that even one small UV LED torch positioned right could really set off this display.
I took a few different pics.
They are all in this gallery:
https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/Hot Toys Misc/?start=all

The one with the higher lighting looks good because it spills onto Schmidt's face.
But i prefer the more accurate one with the light spilling lower on him.

IMG_0898.jpg

This figure has what it takes to be FOTY imo.
Sadly, people will always nominate more popular characters regardless of quality.

I agree wholeheartedly.
This figure looks incredible, and comes with some great accessories to really enhance it.
I recall someone mentioning that i must have really liked the Red Skull in order to display it on the same shelf as Magneto, Superman, Spiderman and Iron Man.
I think that it's the best figure i own. On looks alone, the tailoring of the suit is possibly the best i have yet seen.
There's a reason my Red Skull is on the Top Shelf right at the front!

IMG_0892.jpg

Around $175, Jack's currently at around $186 :D

I took a peek in the box, and is it just me or did HT make an attempt to darken the suit (vs the proto pics)

Last edited:
When I had some spare cash to spend I was thinking about getting Supes or Jack.
Of course, I chose Superman.

Now that Red Skull has arrived, I was thinking maybe I could sell it to get Jack,
but then again, Red Skull is also such a nice figure
and would display nice next to Cap.

When I had some spare cash to spend I was thinking about getting Supes or Jack.
Of course, I chose Superman.

Now that Red Skull has arrived, I was thinking maybe I could sell it to get Jack,
but then again, Red Skull is also such a nice figure
and would display nice next to Cap.

Decisions, decisions.

how are these cubes glowing?!?!? spill, people!!!

...please???
-r.

I am really wanting my cube to glow as well, with an easy to switch on and off feature. I thought maybe a led running down his arm and hand into the cube somehow...but I got no idea , never done anything like that before.. :gah: I am so hopeless...lol

Back