Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just grabbed one of these on eBay for $179 shipped, should be here by thursday. Finally have a villain in the collection. Gonna be pickin up and extra body and boots so I can display both figs.

Great price, congrats! I got mine for $180 at Long Beach Comic Con from Corner Store. I don't think I've seen him any lower than that except for an occasional Ebay auction that just doesn't make it quite that high.

Thanks, it was the lowest I could find so I jumped on it. Probably should have waited cuz I have a feeling DX12, Captain America and Snake are gonna drop all at once.

Nice!!! I always wonder why people start auctions that end late at night? I just listed a bunch of stuff myself and I made sure they all ended on sunday night at 7pm PST.

lol yea.. I always try to make them end on Sunday or Monday night, 6ish pacific time.

But this was actually a buy it now I stumbled upon. I think they had just listed it, so I didn't hesitate

Does anybody know how the Red Skull head fits other bodies. I know it doesn't fit T-1000. I just want to make sure whatever body I get either fits or I get the right head plug adapter thing. I don't wanna just sit it on top and it be all wonky, I want the poseability.

Does anybody know how the Red Skull head fits other bodies. I know it doesn't fit T-1000. I just want to make sure whatever body I get either fits or I get the right head plug adapter thing. I don't wanna just sit it on top and it be all wonky, I want the poseability.

Did you try removing the T-1000 neck plug and adding it to the Red Skull neck?

Shah, sorry. I thought you meant you had a T-1000 lying around and tried the head on that.
Might be better looking on eBay or one of the part-out sites and picking up the correct body.

It's all good. Although I DO wish I had a T1000, it wouldn't be for this lol. Anyway, he came today! I just looked over it quick, looks very good. Gonna take some time later to open him up and give him a good pose on the shelf.

It's all good. Although I DO wish I had a T1000, it wouldn't be for this lol. Anyway, he came today! I just looked over it quick, looks very good. Gonna take some time later to open him up and give him a good pose on the shelf.

Take pics. It looks good from any angle.

IMG_1529.jpg

Alright, sorry the quality is lacking haha. It's my iPhone and my lighting sucks. In the process of renovating another room for display and moving all my stuff there.

53B8766C-14F5-497B-A975-02E4E7FE6481-1315-0000026E77D6865E.jpg

"We could have the power of the gods!"
Great pic.

Thanks, it's kind of the pose I envisioned him in ever since I saw this fig. Not sure if I wanna leave Red Skull in this costume and use the coat on Schmidt or vice versa. Unfortunately when I was playing with the heads, I pulled the Red Skull head off and the spare neck joint broke. Easy enough to fix though. The boots are a pain when it comes to getting a natural looking standing pose, it seems like the boots are in a perpetual "toe up" so he loves to lean forward.

Hopefully I can get some better pics with better lighting when I move everything into the new room.

Sounds great. I have often considered trying to dye the costume the correct colour, but others have tried as it doesn't seem to work...
The costume looks great and maybe if it was the correct colour as seen on screen it wouldn't show as many cool details, but i would love one that is screen accurate.

Those are my feelings exactly. The lighter gray costume really shows off the detail and skills of the seamstress that created it, I think a lot ofthat detail would be lost with a darker costume but I'd definitely like a darker costume for accuracy. I'm thinking of buying a spare and dying it. I was directed to a polyester dye that works by another member, the only problem is that it dyes EVERYTHING and you need to repaint the details.

Either way it is absolutely one of the best tailored costumes of all the Hot Toys I've seen and the few I own.

Yes. It's totally beautiful, and the details are second to none.
I bought all the pieces for my Red Skull figures separately which is why i have two of them, but the costumes are so incredibly detailed it's hard to believe they are 1/6 scale...

Back