Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
381033_250260598380264_145970452142613_636619_1944441344_n.jpg

$200 is a lot of moola. Seeing this picture, as awesome as he looks, just highlights how little comes with the figure.

But I guess we gotta get used to these prices. $200 seems to be the average now.

Honestly the uniform colour doesn't matter for me as it would be covered by the jacket on most people's (and my) figures anyway.

I agree. Most people would prefer a COMIC version of all these movie figures. Green, Grey, or Black, I don't really care what color the uniform is. As long as its a quality product and sculpt!

He does look pretty great in that display window photo. Neck seems less long; I wonder if they didn't have the head stuck all the way on for the official photos? If he just came with that Hydra rifle...

You guys are right, the color of his uniform is alot darker for the film. Were they going for a more Nazified color scheme?

Ah, don't care. He will be forever cocooned in his trenchcoat. That Red Skull headsculpt is the best I could have hoped for from HT.

I will buy this and probably go broke over the course of this years releases.

"Why, Mr. Anderson, why?"

Because I choose to.

HT basic figure is now retailing at $200......It looks great but I don't see $200 worth of awesomeness. Dx Jones and Sparrow were bargains while Luke is a outright steal. Folks should gobble them up!

I am far from loving the prices. Especially since I am a completest.:horror

But we have to keep in mind how expensive everything has gotten. Comparing 2012 prices to 2007-2010 prices isn't realistic. Oil prices are obscene. Plastic is made with oil. And I am sure part of this is HT wanting to make more money. But this hoppy isn't meant for everyone. I'd love a BMW. But I can afford a Hyundai. So thats what I drive.

I remember paying $7 for each of the first 10 series of Marvel Legends. Now they are more than double that.

It sucks, but as long as I am willing to eat hot dogs everyday :rotfl I'm getting every Marvel and DC figure I can.

Thats just my opinion.

This is a really good point, look at McFarlane figures too, 4-5 years ago they were $9.99 in almost all retailers, then $10.99 then $11.99 until they got up to $15.99 now! Same thing with many 6" figures. The cost of making them has increased a ton with oil but there are many other factors like certain licenses costing more than others (although usually they get a percentage so price is all relative) but greed is always a part of it, they are a business! you want to make more money doing your job, don't you? if you had the leverage to make your company pay you more, wouldn't you try to get more cash? thats all they are doing.

Also remember, If a Figure sells for $200, Sideshow's cost is probably $130 (yes they have that much margin in it) plus think of the freight Hot Toys has to pay to get it here. I deal with a lot of Asian companies and you would be shocked what the cost really is compared to the final selling price in the US. For example my raw cost on something could be $16 per case but after ocean freight and taxes (taxes depend on the product as we tax certain imports a lot more than others) my cost is $23. So its very possible that Hot Toys is actually making less than $100 per figure they sell in the US or other countries (more in Asia of course). I bet Hot Toys makes less profit per figure than the retailers do in the US! Sideshow probably makes double the profit on their own figures that Hot Toys makes on theirs. If Hot Toys increases the cost to US retailers from say $100 to $120 you don't think the US retailers are just going to add the $20 on, they will add $30 or more on...

My best advice to anyone, buy what you want, what you like, what you can afford, everyone has to make choices in life, if its feeding your kids or this figure, choose to feed your kids! If its buying a nicer car or buying more Hot Toys figures, choose which ever you will enjoy more! If you aren't sure if you should get this because of the price, don't get it, if you must have it, buy it :lol

The problem with the cost argument is there is evidence that there is more to this that is driving the price than simple oil prices. MANY other items are made of plastic that have not seen these types of price increases...tons more product. From an economic standpoint, demand is more likely the primary culprit to these rising prices. Demand for HTs stuff is rising. In any economic model, that's going to push the price. It's not rocket science. Look at all the new guys who frequent the boards now. Many new guys joining in saying the same thing, "I didn't know about Hot Toys 2-5 years ago! I hope they rerelease...blah blah blah!". They are simply gauging the market...what will the market bare? $150 per figure? $200 per? $300 per? The price will rise as they push to meet demand. When demand starts to fall, so will prices. No need to lower them if you're still consistently selling out. They see the market is there from folks like Enterbay and Medicom and they arguably make better product. So if they can ask and get it, why not HTs? Now they're entering into offering articulated 1/4 scale figures. Why? Cause there's a market that can afford $300-$400 per figure...why not get that money when you're the king of the hill?

I really like this figure, but I have to say I think $200 is too high. I mean look at Noland from Predators, he comes with more stuff and is coming out at the same time and is still $15 cheaper.

Anyway, there has been enough _____ing about the price, I don't want to add more then I already have. The figure looks great! Those who are getting it, congrats, I think he will look kick ass next to Cap!

nolan is a side character with little interest from the fans so they know if they charge too much it wont sell

anyway...i dont care if this figure is in grey or black or green, it looks badass either way and once my reward points go into my account I will be pre ordering this!

all i can say is will be SOLD OUT !!!

Eventually. The same was said about Superman, Sparrow, 89 Batman and 89 Joker etc. buy before they sell out however, they can still be found for po. The higher price tags pretty much assures the figure will be around awhile giving folks time to consider their options which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

got my cap today amazing figure.cant wait for uso version and avengers version now

:dunno Here's my dilemma: I've pre-ordered Red Skull but I'm debating whether to pick up WWII era Captain A or wait for the modern era Capt from the Avengers...decisions, decisions.

Looks pretty awesome. The only things I think are missing accessory-wise are any Hydra-style pulse weapons (pistol or rifle) and a uniform hat for the Schmidt (Weaving) portrait (which is jaw-droppingly amazing).

I'll see if I can swing it - he'd look great on display next to Cap...

I think a Hydra Rifle and Hat are neccessary, a second pair of boots and trousers to have both displayed would be good too.

Back