Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the figure and cant wait to have one of my favorite marvel super viillians to my collection...

I really don't follow the 1/6 scale but I must say congrats to all the 1/6 collectors with this one. I think HT knocked this one out of the park it looks freakin' fantastic. I think the likeness is dead on and the quality of the outfits look great. Now where's the PF! :impatient:

This is definitely one of the few striking HT head sculpts :yess:

..but I just hope they change the color of the uniform

captainamerica_13.jpg
redskullside2.png

400050_10150453026782344_58690437343_8837917_268225985_n.jpg

Yeah... the uniform has made me pass on this one.

Whiplash was because it was a Monaco race track official suit. Not the same as this.
Ahhh, so that's why. I kinda wondered about that, but wasn't too bothered since I didn't buy the Whiplash figure.

Does the Hugo sculpt look a fraction bit small in the grey suit pic?

I wonder what the red skull head will cost parted out. I really liked the movie but I did not like the costume designs for Hydra. I might try and get the head alone and build a nazi version instead.

Don't lose hope! HT can easily change that color :pray:

Im starting to think they're intentionally giving us something to nitpick which they'll have no problems fixing..

Honestly the uniform colour doesn't matter for me as it would be covered by the jacket on most people's (and my) figures anyway.

Bruce2-1.jpg

(Remy's photo)

Yeah... that is one crappy sculpt. :cuckoo:

The protos had way too much skin texturing. As does this (Red Skull) figure. It looks nice to show off your painting skills, but that's not really how someone's face looks.

They over sculpt the skin texturing because a lot of it will get lost in the production molding process. Plus the pics are probably 10 times the actual size of the head, which shows off any flaws even more. Most HT heads look just fine once the production figures are in your hands.

Bruce2-1.jpg

(Remy's photo)

Yeah... that is one crappy sculpt. :cuckoo:

The protos had way too much skin texturing. As does this (Red Skull) figure. It looks nice to show off your painting skills, but that's not really how someone's face looks.
It's a lovely photo, but I disagree that the prototype was comparatively over-painted. Given the scale of the figures, I think the skin texturing must be overdone or else it can't be seen at all. The prototype blew me away - I thought Hot Toys had reached a whole new level with their figures. By comparison, I think the final product is just okay.

267956_10150228139347344_58690437343_7555651_4285064_n.jpg

Does anyone think that the articulation may suffer with that overcoat on?

It's unavoidable I guess, unless anyone knows if Hot Toys have ever used a very thin material for situations like these.

Back