Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a neck mod for mine and seems look pretty nice. Swapped the black neck for a flesh neck and rolled the fabric down to expose it a bit.
IMG_0048.jpg

And then just roll the fabric back up to cover it and you can't see the flesh underneath.

The Amazing Spiderman figure should enable this neck display option by default... the preview shows it to be the same black spidey.

Just went onto Sideshow and for some reason this is listed with this message

Why? I had it on pre-order before release but had to cancel so it wasn't like that before and now i couldn't order it if i wanted to :cuckoo:

:horror:horror:horror

Yes!!
just noticed this too.i had to cancel mine at the time but i should be good to go in a week or 2.
Might send an email off to see why the change...im assuming it is just the Exc version?

Ok guys I have a dilemma, I have to decide on wether to buy one of these 3 figures: Jack Sparrow, CR Superman, and Symbiote Spider-Man.

My collection so far only consists of red & blue Spidey, Iron Man MKIV, DX 02 Batman TDK, Iron Man MKIII, & FA Captain America. So if I get Jack he kinda clashes with the superhero theme, but I'm sort of a Spider-Man fanboy so naturally I want the black suit to go with my R&B, and well Superman just looks fricken awesome.

In the end I know it comes down to my opinion but I'd still like to hear you guy's input. Thanks!

Hard choice there, I'm a Spidey fan myself but having the 2 suits next to one another would look badass. However having Superman in the super hero mix would be even out the whole DC/Marvel setup a bit more. That and the head sculpt for CR looks amazing. If it were me I'd be leaning more towards Superman...but really I'd just do 2 extra shifts and pick both up.

If you're a Spidey fanboy you'll probably want the Black Spidey. Going only by the quality of the three figures, I think Jack Sparrow and CR Superman takes it.

Ok guys I have a dilemma, I have to decide on wether to buy one of these 3 figures: Jack Sparrow, CR Superman, and Symbiote Spider-Man.

My collection so far only consists of red & blue Spidey, Iron Man MKIV, DX 02 Batman TDK, Iron Man MKIII, & FA Captain America. So if I get Jack he kinda clashes with the superhero theme, but I'm sort of a Spider-Man fanboy so naturally I want the black suit to go with my R&B, and well Superman just looks fricken awesome.

In the end I know it comes down to my opinion but I'd still like to hear you guy's input. Thanks!

I have all 3 of those figures and they all have lots of good things about them, but in the end its what you want to see on your shelf.

Just went onto Sideshow and for some reason this is listed with this message

Why? I had it on pre-order before release but had to cancel so it wasn't like that before and now i couldn't order it if i wanted to :cuckoo:

That's typical with HT exclusives sold by Sideshow. They only have distribution rights on these within N. America.

They probably just initially forgot to include that on the exclusive listing.

very cool set up luke nice pic ....A quick question does thier black suited spidey have a like sticky feel too him ? I'm sure its the suit but wondered if its just mine ..no i didnt spill anything on him and wondered if normal ..Also if red blue spidey had same sticky feel because of webbed suit maybe ?

Better pic, and shows my full Spider-Man shelf. Now I just need a Doc Ock behind them and I will be a happy man. :D

spidey_display.jpg

Awesome shot!! I'll have to steal this from you. But I'll swap the two spideys around so that the R&B is fighting Sandman. Might not have Black spidey in just a dynamic pose though. Will make it slightly more neutral since I'm terrified of anything happening to the suits!!

EDIT: Although, that pose on the left isnt too dynamic I guess. Just a couple of bent knees. Will have to try :) Thanks!!!

very cool set up luke nice pic ....A quick question does thier black suited spidey have a like sticky feel too him ? I'm sure its the suit but wondered if its just mine ..no i didnt spill anything on him and wondered if normal ..Also if red blue spidey had same sticky feel because of webbed suit maybe ?

My black Spidey does have SOMEWHAT of a sticky feeling to him. It's definitely the rubber in the suit though. :dunno

Yes. Black suit is sticky because they used the same sticky rubber material that they used for the webbing on the honeycomb pattern all over the suit from head to toe. That's what gives the suit it's slick shiny look. The red blue spidey is only sticky on the webbing not the honeycomb pattern. That pattern is just printed into the colors on the suit rather than a separate piece.

Hey thank's for reply back .....I wanted to make sure there was no problem with spidey ...I realy love this spidey and hope to pick red and blue sometime as well as the new one coming out.......One for each comic WEB OF ,AMAZING AND SPECTACULAR .....Anyway thank's that's my MAD reason for wanting each version ..... My favorite comic and superhero........

Last edited:
No prob. If you watch the featurettes on the extras disc of SM3 it talks about the costume making process. They did the muscle shading using a form of digital thermal dying. You start out with a white piece of Lycra that has no stain repellant yet and put it in a maching with the colors and patterns in a computer. It heats up the gel-like pigments and permanently impregnated them into the fabric according to the pattern. It's used a lot for cyclists pants and proffesional ice skaters costumes.

Once that was done they silk screened the honeycomb pattern over the entire suit which gave it a very liquid look. Then added the eurathane webbing pattern and symbols overtop of that with glue.

Finally got the time to photograph this guy. LOTS of pictures to follow.

Spiderman7.jpg

Spiderman2.jpg

Spiderman9.jpg

Spiderman10.jpg

Spiderman21.jpg

Spiderman20.jpg

Spiderman19.jpg

Last edited:
Back